PDA

View Full Version : 2xDDCs in series, non-consecutive, may be detrimental?

MrToad
02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
As the title says really.

So far the few threads I've found on the subject focus on the possibility of yielding improved performance, which at the moment is not my major concern.

My major concern is that I have dismantled my Lian Li V2000B and it's about to go under the surgeon's... pillar drill :P , and once you've drilled/pierced/hacked/slashed, there's no turning back...

Just when I was about to drill the first hole I realized that if I place the pumps as follows:

Pump 1 > Rad 1 > Rad 2 > Pump 2, I remove a couple of bends I wasn't all too happy with and I also de-clutter the "top" section of the case.

But at this point I have no idea if this will negatively affect pressure/flow. And if it does, how badly.

So, what do you think? :up: or :down: ?

nikhsub1
02-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Perhaps this should be a sticky? It makes NO DIFFERENCE where in the loop the pumps are positioned. There, I said it.

MrToad
02-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Perhaps this should be a sticky? It makes NO DIFFERENCE where in the loop the pumps are positioned. There, I said it.

Thanks man :)

I don't want to repeat the mistakes of my previous build and realize that something could be done in a more efficient way AFTER I've drilled/cut/hacked.

I'm in this phase of "measure 2000 times, have a cup of tea, shuffle around the components once more, play a bit more with sketchup, post a couple of questions on the forum, cut... never".

At this pace computers that wire directly to the human brain will be available before I finish this build...

FallenCow
02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
:D
Don't forget to post pics once your build is done! I'll be putting two DDCs in a series for my loop when I do a rebuild in my v2100 case just because I have a spare pump! Redundancy doesn't always work w/ two pumps, as I've had both DDCs stop working at the same time in the same loop. After giving both a good smack, they haven't failed since though. :shrug: