PDA

View Full Version : Emegency Software shutdown: help me!

neouser
02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I am going to build my first liquid kit and I was searching for a method to autoshutdown the system if gpu temp goes higher than X temp.

I mean instant power-off, there is a way to do it in software? Like a bios shutdown i mean.

Thank you

Xilikon
02-05-2008, 03:40 PM
SpeedFan with a shutdown software triggered on alarm.

neouser
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
yes but shutdown sw make only normal shutdown. I mean immediate system power interruption..is it possible?

coolmiester
02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
You’ll find watercooling will yield much lower and stable temperatures than aircooling so there shouldn’t be much call for instant off.

You could always set max shut down temp in the BIOS.

Snyxxx
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Search for mcubed bigNG and sensorbus and and this will give you a hardware shut-down if a pump fails.

Xilikon
02-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Since water won't heat to dangerous areas in a few seconds, there is no problem with the software as long as you set the threshold 5-10C more than your top load temps. For a hardware shutdown, look for the M-Cubed stuff like Snyxx said or the Aquaero with the shutdown relay too.

Boyu
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
yes but shutdown sw make only normal shutdown. I mean immediate system power interruption..is it possible?

Use "super fast shutdown" program,it will shutdown instanly,realy super fast,LOL

sanhacker
02-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Search for mcubed bigNG and sensorbus and and this will give you a hardware shut-down if a pump fails.

+1 What he said.

bigNG

fepple
02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
I guess your worried about something with the water cooling going wrong while your not there and your GPU overheating and then the system crashing while shutting down?

As a software solution maybe you could use rivatuner to clock the GPU right-right down if a temperature is reached so it cope with broken cooling and then auto shut it down?

I wonder what happens if you set the GPU to 20Mhz or something stupidly low?

neouser
02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
solved with rivatuner and superfastshutdown at 0$, immediate shutdown:)

Justintoxicated
02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I like h ardware solutions rather than cluttering up my PC with programs in the background. But I just set a temp in the bios so the PC should shut down before the Awaterblocks melt if the pump should fail. If the problem is something besides the pump, it's probably already too late!

neouser
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
rivatuner is really light and the result is perfect. i made a video if you want i can upload it. i made this for pump fail danger:)

Snyxxx
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
rivatuner is really light and the result is perfect. i made a video if you want i can upload it. i made this for pump fail danger:)

I would like to see your video.

yngndrw
02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
The problem is that sometimes computers like to hang while shutting down, locking out the computer and keeping hugh loads on the processor. (Creating even more heat.)

fepple
02-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Did you see any lowering of temperatures from clocking down the GPU?

I only had a short time to try it but didnt get any results.

I like hardware solutions rather than cluttering up my PC with programs in the background. But I just set a temp in the bios so the PC should shut down

Does your BIOS have an emergency shutdown for the GPU overheating? I dont think mine does.