PDA

View Full Version : No Prime Left Behind Math Project

em99010pepe
02-05-2008, 08:55 AM
No Prime Left Behind is searching for primes of the form k*2^n-1 for all 400 < k <= 1001 from n=260K-1M.
A LLRNet server was set up

With LLRnet, you can perform LLR tests automatically. No need to mess with reserving/reporting ranges and all that stuff. No need to worry about whether your machine will run out of work in the middle of the night or while you're on vacation. Just set it and forget it!

LLRnet is very simple to set up--in less than 5 minutes you can be all set and crunching away! It's perfect for users who just want to donate their spare CPU cycles to a worthy cause without adding a degree of complexity to their computer use. (That's not to say that it isn't great for advanced users, too. ) It's also great for work computers, since you can set it up on a computer and not have to worry about having it run out of work while it's not accessible. (Sorry, LLRnet doesn't currently work with HTTP/SOCKS proxy servers. There is one workaround that I know of, but it's more technically oriented--if you're interested, either PM me or post here.)

Here's all you need to do:

1. Download the LLRnet client software for your operating system. LLRnet is available for Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.

Click one of the following links to download LLRnet:

Windows (http://bugmesticky.googlepages.com/LLRnet-win32-NPLB.zip)
Linux (http://bugmesticky.googlepages.com/LLRnet-linux-NPLB.tar.bz2)
FreeBSD (http://bugmesticky.googlepages.com/LLRnet-freebsd-NPLB.tar.gz)

All are 32-bit; sorry, no 64-bit version available. However, because of the type of work that LLR does, 64-bit would have minimal, if any, speed increases.

2. Extract the files from the archive you just downloaded. C:\llrnet is a good choice (or /home/username/llrnet for Linux users).

3. Navigate to the folder where you extracted LLRnet. Open up the llr-clientconfig.txt file in your favorite text editor. You'll notice a little ways down from the top a line that says the following:

username = "nobody"

Change "nobody" to your mersenneforum.org username. For example, I would set this to "Anonymous". This ensures that numbers you work on are credited properly to you in the stats that will be published periodically. (If you'd rather crunch anonymously, i.e. not have your crunching associated with your mersenneforum.org username, simply set this to something different. You can actually punch in anything you want here, though most users will probably want to punch in your mersenneforum username.)

Save the file, and close out your text editor.

4. Doubleclick on the file named "llrnet.exe" to start LLRnet and get crunching! (On Linux and FreeBSD this will be just "llrnet".) You'll see an LLRnet icon appear in your system tray if you're running Windows, and you can right-click on the icon and click a button to pop up a GUI from which you can monitor your work. You can click another button on the right-click menu to open up a console and monitor your work from there. (Note: When you want to close out the console window, don't just close out the window. Instead, right-click on the LLRnet icon, and click "detach console". Otherwise, you'll close out the LLRnet program, which you probably don't want to do.) Linux users won't see a system tray icon, but they will get a GUI that pops up if they're using the stock version. (If you want to get the GUI back up after closing it out, navigate to your LLRnet folder and run the remote-gui.sh file.) To see the console, you'll want to start LLRnet from a command window--navigate to the LLRnet folder, and type the command "./llrnet" (without quotes). (With the console open, simply press Ctrl-C to stop LLRnet.)

5. If you want to have LLRnet run automatically when you start your computer, simply right-click the LLRnet system tray icon and click "Add LLRnet service". Or, if you'd rather only run LLRnet when your username is logged on, click the Start button, and navigate to All Programs, then double-click on the item named "Startup". A folder window will open. In a separate window, navigate to your LLRnet folder. Drag the llrnet.exe icon, with the right mouse button, to the Startup folder, and let go of the mouse button. Choose "Create Shortcut" from the menu that appears.

For Linux, how you set a program to run at startup depends on your distribution. Just post a message here and someone will try to help.

LLRnet FAQ

Q: Is there a deadline for returning LLRnet results?
A: Yes. Currently the deadline is 7 days from the time when the number was handed out to your client. After 7 days, if you still haven't finished crunching your number (or simply haven't been able to return it yet even if it is finished), it will be assigned to another person.

Q: Can I cancel a number that I don't actually want to crunch for whatever reason, or is over deadline?
A: Yes. Simply open up a command prompt (on Windows it's Start>Run, then type "cmd" and press Enter), navigate to the LLRnet folder (by typing the "cd" command, such as: "cd c:\llrnet"), and type the command "llrnet -c" and press Enter. LLRnet will start, cancel the current number, and close. (Your command window will still be left open.) Note that if you have a cache size greater than 1 (the default is 5), then you'll have to enter that command again for each additional number in the cache that you want to cancel. (LLRnet will say "no numbers left to cancel" if you've canceled them all and you execute the command again.)

Q: Can I run LLRnet on a multi-core system and still utilize all the cores?
Yes, though LLRnet by default can only utilize one core. Thus, you'll have to run multiple copies of LLRnet. Simply, when installing, extract the archive you downloaded into as many folders as you have cores (such as c:\llrnet, c:\llrnet2, etc.). Then, configure the llr-clientconfig.txt for each core (you have to configure each installation separately--and make sure to change the GUIPort value to something different on everything except the first installation. You'll also have to change this value in the llr-guiconfig.txt for the installations that have been set to a different GUIPort.), and run the llrnet.exe (or "llrnet" on Linux/FreeBSD) in each installation. You'll see as many LLRnet icons in your system tray as you have cores--you can control each core's LLRnet separately. (You can also configure one core's GUI to control all the other cores, too, though that's a little bit more of an advanced topic--you can either try to figure it out on your own, or just post here begging for help. )

Q: I'm not constantly connected to the Internet. Can I set LLRnet to keep a larger queue to last until the next connect?
A: Yes. Simply close out LLRnet, open up llr-clientconfig.txt, set the "WUCacheSize" value to however many workunits you want to keep in queue, and restart LLRnet. The maximum is 100, though that should be more than plenty even for the small numbers we're doing right now.

Q: I'm on a team. do I have to do anything special with LLRnet?
A: Yes. Simply edit the llr-clientconfig.txt file so that the line that says
username = "yournickname"
instead says
username = "teamname_yournickname"
username = "XtremeSystems_yournickname"

Q: I'm already experienced with LLRnet, and I just want to know what to punch in to my already-set-up copy of LLRnet for it to work with NPLB. Out with it man, already!
A: server = "crus.dynip.telepac.pt"
port = 300

Forum at http://www.mersenneforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82

On www.rieselprime.org -> NPLB Project (left menu) you can find many project information
and links to the current scoring tables. Also available is the status of the Team Drives with current
reservations and completions and found primes too.

Please help us. The server is handing small numbers to test, less than 3 minutes per candidate, fast wu's as we all like..lol

Carlos

em99010pepe
02-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Here's some manual stats (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=9961). An automatic one is in discussion...

This NPLB LLRnet server has tested 2906 numbers so far (04 Feb 08).
Those 2906 numbers were divided up among various users as follows:

Free-DC_IronBits: 2351 numbers tested, 80&#37; of total
Free-DC_em99010pepe: 223 numbers tested, 7% of total
kar_bon: 213 numbers tested, 7% of total
Anonymous: 117 numbers tested, 4% of total
MiniGeek: 2 numbers tested, 0% of total

----------------------
Team Stats

Free-DC: 2574 numbers tested, 89% of total
[No Team]: 332 numbers tested, 11% of total

em99010pepe
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
LLRNet stats update (http://www.rieselprime.org/nplb/NPLB_Scoring.htm).

A 24 hour rally will take place next Saturday starting at 7 PM GMT.

[XC] riptide
02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Is this in Teh Vault?

em99010pepe
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
riptide;2755693']Is this in Teh Vault?

No but I hope to see at least one XS member who doesn't run a DC for the stats but for the goal of the project. :D

[XC] riptide
02-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh. I don't run for the stats per se.

glennpat
02-08-2008, 03:17 PM
LLRNet stats update (http://www.rieselprime.org/nplb/NPLB_Scoring.htm).

A 24 hour rally will take place next Saturday starting at 7 PM GMT.

I'll give the rally a try with one core. I just gave it a little test run. Nice to see LLR do a WU in such a short time.

em99010pepe
02-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks.

For information:
between 1:30 AM GMT and 6:30 AM GMT (08 Feb 08) there were about 3800 k/n-pairs handed out from the server.

current rate is about 50 k/n-pairs per 5 minutes.

current k/n-pair at n=327270 (and about n -> n+4 every 5 minutes).

so about 68000 pairs left on server -> 113 hours of work (~50 pairs per 5 min)

Movieman
02-09-2008, 01:05 AM
No but I hope to see at least one XS member who doesn't run a DC for the stats but for the goal of the project. :D

It's 4am and I'm tired but honestly, that came across as a cheap shot.
My guess is that most of the people at Xs run the apps for the project and the points are secondary.

[XC] riptide
02-09-2008, 02:25 AM
It's 4am and I'm tired but honestly, that came across as a cheap shot.
My guess is that most of the people at Xs run the apps for the project and the points are secondary.

:up: Dave. Pepe's alright. Been a good friend of XSDC for a while. He's form Portugal. If he says something like that again I'll send Pedro Rocha around to his house to break his legs. :rofl: :)

@Empepe: I aske the question not for me... but the others that might wany to know.

Movieman
02-09-2008, 02:28 AM
riptide;2759508']:up: Dave. Pepe's alright. Been a good friend of XSDC for a while. He's form Portugal. If he says something like that again I'll send Pedro Rocha around to his house to break his legs. :rofl: :)

@Empepe: I aske the question not for me... but the others that might wany to know.

No,don't get me wrong,I know who he is.
Just that comment either came out wrong or I took it wrong.
For the sake of world peace I will let it go and assume I read it wrong..;)

em99010pepe
02-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Sorry, I was teasing you guys but anyway, will I see XS as second best team for this rally?

I think Pedro Rocha is far away from where I live...:p:

(The rally will start within 8 hours)

em99010pepe
02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
The rally is underway...thanks glennpat!

[XC] DragonOrta
02-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Put an instance on each of my 3 q6600s.

Paladin
02-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Heh, I put one on the Q6600, but I'm too lazy to manually do all the signing up so I set it to ghost as "XtremeSystems__glennpat". ;) Been running about 12 hours so far.

em99010pepe
02-10-2008, 02:43 AM
user=XtremeSystems_glennpat
[02/10/08 10:28:00]
895*2^329641-1 is prime!

em99010pepe
02-10-2008, 03:15 AM
I suggest in a near future to use your own username and not a ghost one :D . Soon we well start getting into the Top 5000 (http://primes.utm.edu/bios/top20.php) territory and primes found will have to be summited to the prime database and you don't want to see your prime be credit to another person....

Carlos

glennpat
02-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I ended up putting 3 cores on this for the rally. The prime a couple of posts back did come from one of them. That was nice to see :) .

Paladin
02-10-2008, 11:00 AM

I suggest in a near future to use your own username and not a ghost one :D . Soon we well start getting into the Top 5000 (http://primes.utm.edu/bios/top20.php) territory and primes found will have to be summited to the prime database and you don't want to see your prime be credit to another person....

Kind of contradicting yourself? I don't care if even the cure for cancer gets credited to some other hard working member such as glenn. He has jumped in with both feet into projects other XS people like myself are daunted by the setup/maintenance required. I consider him the XS expert in esoteric math projects such as this one.

em99010pepe
02-10-2008, 11:08 AM
It's up to you to decide if you want to share or not a prime, I just gave my opinion.

Rally is over. For those who want to abandon I only ask to do the following:

When you are done, be sure to change WUCacheSize to 1
WUCacheSize = 1

Then when it is down to just that one WU, stop the client.

Add this line to the config file and save it
once = 1

Start the client one last time and it will finish the last WU, upload the result and terminate.

Thank you all for helping NPLB project...the server is still up and running...stats will be updated within an hour or so.

em99010pepe
02-10-2008, 02:42 PM
i tried to be fast.....
so here is the first glance of our 24h-race on LLRnet:

www.rieselprime.org/nplb/NPLB_Race20080902_24h.htm

this link in not yet inserted in the NPLB-homepage (will be done) and the scorings for LLRnet from the race are not yet included in the 'Overall'-LLRnet stats page (next to do too).

please have a look and perhaps more suggestions to implement.
i will do:
- listing primes found in race

Thank you all.

glennpat
02-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Thank you all.

You're welcome. Congrats on a rally with no hiccups. The short work units were nice and LLRNET worked great in getting them.

em99010pepe
02-11-2008, 12:13 PM
We are almost in the Top 5000 territory (n>349.2K) within LLRnet server. In this case all primes must be submitted to top-5000 prime:

Instructions for submitting a top-5000 prime:

Go to http://primes.utm.edu/primes/home.php.

Step 1: For people who have not submitted top-5000 primes previously, create a prover account:
1. Select 'Submit' on the lower left side under 'Join in'.
2. Select the 'click here to create a prover-account' link in the middle of the page.
3. Fill out the form and submit it. You will be assigned a prover account.

Step 2: Create a proof code:
1. Go to the home page in the link above and select 'Index' on the left side under 'Provers'.
2. Next to 'search prover-accounts', type yours and press enter.
3. Click on your prover account (there may be one or several) and press enter.
4. Towards the bottom, click on 'Create a New Proof-Code' and press enter.
5. If necessary in the little pop-up box, type in your user name (prover account) and password and press enter.
6. You should now have a list of proof programs. Select LLR.
7. In the space below all the programs, type in 'PrimeSearch' for the project and 'Srsieve' for the sieving software. Separate each selection by a comma. (Obviously if you did an individual-k search on your own, then the software may vary.)
8. You should now have a new proof code and can submit the prime. Example...L442.

Step 3: Submit the prime:
1. Go to the home page in the link above and select 'Index' on the left side under 'Provers'.
2. Next to 'search proof-code', type your new code from step 2 and press enter.
3. Towards the bottom, next to 'Submit primes using this code as', click on your name (prover account) and press enter.
4. If necessary in the little pop-up box, type in your user name (prover account) and password and press enter.
5. You should see a big free-form box. Type in your prime (no spaces needed) and click 'Press here to submit these prime(s)'.
6. A verification screen will come up. If the prime is correct, click 'Press here to complete submission'.

Soon my strategy will be different, in case you miss the prime from your machines I'll send you a PM warning you to submit the prime and I won't post here the prime until Top 5000 confirms it as a prime number. Any doubts?

em99010pepe
02-12-2008, 03:31 PM
We are now testing top 5000 candidates, stay alert!

Stats were updated (http://www.rieselprime.org/nplb/NPLB_Scoring.htm). Thanks a bunch XS Team.

Carlos

em99010pepe
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
The server is still receiving work from you guys, thanks a bunch!

em99010pepe
02-16-2008, 12:28 AM
glennpat,

If you want even fast wu's you can change your port server to 100 after clearing your cache.
More information in here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpost.php?p=125864&postcount=3).

Carlos

em99010pepe
02-17-2008, 12:43 PM
user=XtremeSystems_DragonOrta
[02/17/08 20:11:00]
****2^******-1 is prime! Time : 454.0 sec.

DragonOrta,

You found a prime, please check you PM box for instructions on how to submit it to top 5000 rankings. Take your time to learn how to do it, please don't publish the prime you found until it is submitted. Hope to be your first of many. Congratulations!!!

Carlos

em99010pepe
02-17-2008, 12:53 PM
DragonOrta;2761091']Put an instance on each of my 3 q6600s.

Now I think you should put 4 per Q6600...lol...

Carlos

glennpat
02-17-2008, 01:01 PM
glennpat,

If you want even fast wu's you can change your port server to 100 after clearing your cache.
More information in here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpost.php?p=125864&postcount=3).

Carlos

I will stay where I am at looking for one of those top 5000 primes :) .

Congrats on finding a top 5000 prime DragonOrta.

em99010pepe
02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
So how many cores do you have on it? Maybe by moving more you'll find one but that it is not 100% correct.

Carlos

glennpat
02-17-2008, 01:18 PM
So how many cores do you have on it? Maybe by moving more you'll find one but that it is not 100% correct.

Carlos

I have 2 on it with one being a slow one. Maybe I'll set up another core on it.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Now I think you should put 4 per Q6600...lol...

Carlos

My OC isn't designed to deal with that much heat. :p: One instance isn't too demanding, but more than that and it gets too hot.

[XC] riptide
02-17-2008, 07:27 PM
DragonOrta;2778572']My OC isn't designed to deal with that much heat. :p: One instance isn't too demanding, but more than that and it gets too hot.

What a nOOb! :rolleyes: :ROTF:

[XC] DragonOrta
02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Whatever punk. I'm just happy with my 4ghz Q6600 :p:

em99010pepe
02-17-2008, 11:42 PM
glennpat, you found a prime, please read your PM.

Carlos

em99010pepe
02-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Do you guys need help to submit the primes? Please reply...

em99010pepe
02-18-2008, 11:35 AM
glennpat, you found another one, please check you PM.

Edit: Thanks DragonOrta for submitting your prime, you can teach glennpat how to do it in case I am not around.

glennpat
02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
glennpat, you found another one, please check you PM.

Edit: Thanks DragonOrta for submitting your prime, you can teach glennpat how to do it in case I am not around.

I just submittted both of them. I came close to needing help :) .

em99010pepe
02-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Thank you both, from now it is more easy to submit new primes.

glennpat
02-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks Carlos:clap: ! It's nice to be on the top 5000 list. Looks like they will be on the list a fair amount of time before they fall off.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the in-depth instructions on how to submit the Primes Carlos. I don't think I would have been able to get through the process if you hadn't sent those. :up:

em99010pepe
02-22-2008, 10:01 AM
There will be a 24-hour NPLB LLRnet rally (port 100) this weekend beginning at 7 PM GMT Saturday 2/23.

[XC] riptide
02-22-2008, 11:38 AM
DragonOrta;2778622']Whatever punk. I'm just happy with my 4ghz Q6600 :p:

Yes. Here on XS when we say we have 4GHz Q6600 it is implied that we have a 100&#37; stable 4Ghz chip. Hell I have 3 4Ghz Quads in that case... not all stable at that speed... . :D

[XC] DragonOrta
02-22-2008, 03:43 PM
In that case, I'm happy with my 4.3ghz Q6600. It gets alot of work done between random reboots. :up:

[XC] riptide
02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
DragonOrta;2790878']In that case, I'm happy with my 4.3ghz Q6600. It gets alot of work done between random reboots. :up:

:rofl: :ROTF: :clap: That was funny.

em99010pepe
02-22-2008, 11:24 PM
I suggest to change port to 300. port 100 is down and I don't know why! I might cancel the rally...:(

em99010pepe
02-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Just a quick note. crus.dynip.telepac.pt server (ports 100 and 300) has been improved since last rally. The server can now handle more than 500 communications per second, compared to the previous 10. This change improved the dead times between clients/server communication.
Another server was set at:

address = llrnet.no-ip.info
port = 500

Finally, live stats will come soon..,
Thanks XS for all your CPU support.

Carlos Eduardo

em99010pepe
03-08-2008, 03:01 AM
There will be a 24-hour NPLB LLRnet rally (server = "llrnet.no-ip.info" port = 5000) starting today at 7 PM GMT. The server has Top 5000 candidates.

em99010pepe
03-08-2008, 09:56 AM
List of servers:

NPLB LLRnet server #1:
maintained by Carlos Eduardo
server = "crus.dynip.telepac.pt"
port = 100
current range: 401 <= k <= 1001, n = ~ 299.7k (upto 305k ~60,600 pairs)

NPLB LLRnet server #2:
maintained by Carlos Eduardo
server = "crus.dynip.telepac.pt"
port = 300
current range: 401 <= k <= 1001, n = ~ 373.3k (upto 392.0k)

NPLB LLRnet server #3:
maintained by IronBits
server = "llrnet.no-ip.info" NEW: llrnet.ironbits.net from 10.03.2008 6:00-7:00 GMT
port = 500
current range: 401 <= k <= 1001, n = ~ 314.1k (upto 315k ~10,000 pairs; 305k-310k ~57,000 pairs)

NPLB LLRnet server #4:
maintained by IronBits
server = "llrnet.no-ip.info" NEW: llrnet.ironbits.net from 10.03.2008 6:00-7:00 GMT
port = 5000
current range: 301 <= k <= 399, n = ~ 370.4k

NPLB LLRnet server #5:
maintained by Adam Sutton (AES)
server = "nplb.rieselprime.org"
port = 300
current range: 401 <= k <= 1001, n = ~ 395.6k

Updated list here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=10042).

em99010pepe
03-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Come and help us dry server = "llrnet.ironbits.net" port = 6000.

http://llrnet.ironbits.net/index.shtml

At the current pace it will dry in less than 58 hours. We need XS machines...lol. Thanks,

Carlos Eduardo

em99010pepe
05-03-2008, 05:13 AM
We would like to run a 24-hour LLRnet server rally on port 300 from May 3rd at 7 PM GMT to May 4th at 7 PM GMT.

This would be noon Sat.-noon Sun. PDT, 2 PM-2PM CDT, or 3 PM-3 PM EDT in the U.S.

Here is the server info.:
port = 300

General info. on setting up a connection to an LLRnet server can be found here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=9959). The above info. should be put in the llr-clientconfig.txt file.

Everyone bring all of your firepower to the rally as we see how fast we can bring drive 1 up to n=425K!

Stats: http://nplb.rieselprime.org/

glennpat
05-03-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm in the rally. Now to find a prime. I like the realtime update of stats that is being used now.

em99010pepe
05-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey Glenn,

How many cores did you put on the rally?
Can you leave at least one core running?

Carlos

glennpat
05-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey Glenn,

How many cores did you put on the rally?
Can you leave at least one core running?

Carlos

I think I had 14. I put 2 back on it. I'll add one of my better ones in a few days when it gets finished with the work it has qued up.

em99010pepe
05-21-2008, 10:45 AM
48 hours rally will take place this weekend from Friday May 23rd at 7 PM GMT to Sunday May 25th at 7 PM GMT.

NPLB LLRnet server #2
maintained by Adam Sutton (AES)
port = 300
k-range: 401 <= k <= 1001
n-range: 436K-445K
currently processing at n = ~440.7K
Stats: http://nplb.rieselprime.org/stats/stats.php?a=reset

I already moved 5 cores to the server, I'll make a 5 day run, the project really needs some boost. Glenn, please bring a few friends, thanks.

Carlos

em99010pepe
05-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Just to let you guys know one thing.
The stats from the other servers were imported to http://nplb.rieselprime.org/ so now the stats from there represent the stats from the beginning of the NPLB project, this means the real overall standings....

em99010pepe
06-01-2008, 02:31 AM
I suggest to move all cores to this server:

NPLB LLRnet server #1 (updated 31.05.2008 14:00 GMT):
maintained by IronBits
server = "llrnet.ironbits.net"
port = 5000
k-range: 301 <= k <= 399
n-ranges: 491K-510K
currently processing at n = ~504.2K
Report: http://llrnet.ironbits.net/index.html

There is no stats page but all results will be imported to the stats from http://nplb.rieselprime.org/stats/stats.php?a=reset.
The n is higher, you get bigger primes, the processing time should be the same compared to the work in the k-range 401 <= k <= 1001.

Carlos

em99010pepe
06-15-2008, 05:27 AM
Glenn,

I reserved a few ranges and they will be done using the manual client because it is faster than LLRnet. They will be started within 6 days so do you want to make a push for a week on NPLB LLRnet server #1 with all your cores?

Carlos

[XC] riptide
06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
He's doing a small bit on DPAD at the moment I think....

glennpat
06-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Glenn,

I reserved a few ranges and they will be done using the manual client because it is faster than LLRnet. They will be started within 6 days so do you want to make a push for a week on NPLB LLRnet server #1 with all your cores?

Carlos

I am running DPAD and started running Cosmology@home a few days ago. I have 3 cores on NPLB and for now I don't plan on adding anymore more except for the short rallies.

Glenn

em99010pepe
06-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok, thank you both.

em99010pepe
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
New rally.

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=10402

Carlos

em99010pepe
08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Please help to dry the server:

NPLB LLRnet server #4 (updated 2008/08/08 13:40 GMT):
maintained by Carlos Eduardo (em99010pepe)
Short identification: C443
server = "nplb.dynip.telepac.pt"
port = 443
n-range: 530.6K-532K
currently processing at n= ~530.6K

Instructions on how to install and run the software are in here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=9959).

glennpat
08-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Please help to dry the server:

NPLB LLRnet server #4 (updated 2008/08/08 13:40 GMT):
maintained by Carlos Eduardo (em99010pepe)
Short identification: C443
port = 443
n-range: 530.6K-532K
currently processing at n= ~530.6K

Instructions on how to install and run the software are in here (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=9959).

I put 1 fast core on it to help.

em99010pepe
08-31-2008, 01:55 AM
Thank you Glenn.

em99010pepe
09-02-2008, 04:19 AM
Less than 9500 candidates do test. Final boost please. I am on it with 5 cores.

Carlos

glennpat
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Less than 9500 candidates do test. Final boost please. I am on it with 5 cores.

Carlos

I just added another core to it.

em99010pepe
09-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks Glenn.

Soon, I expect 2 days max, server C443 will have an important job to be done. We, NPLB, are going to LLR 18 k's from n=600k to n=1M, sieve is almost done. Another server will be turned on to help to distribute the candidates. This will be the most important task of NPLB so far.

Carlos

em99010pepe
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Team drive #4 for NPLB! This will be a very exciting drive where we will be searching k=115, 149, 175, 179, 185, 199, 215, 227, 229, 239, 241, 257, 265, 271, 289, and 293 from n=600K-1M! Later on, we may add k=47 and 53 to the drive after coordinating an existing reservation. Sieve depth is P=26T.

Two excellent LLRnet servers will be processing a large part of the range. For general info. on setting up and running the servers see this thread (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=9959). The info. specific to one of the servers that needs to be entered into your llr-clientconfig.txt file is:

#1:
server = nplb.dynip.telepac.pt
port = 443

#2:
server = nplb.ironbits.net
port = 7000

Please report all top-5000 primes with a project ID of 'PrimeSearch' and credit LLR and srsieve software.

Thanks,

Carlos

em99010pepe
09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Glenn, please check your PM's, thank you.

Carlos

em99010pepe
09-26-2008, 05:05 AM
The stats-page for the race from 2008/09/05 is online now: http://www.rieselprime.org/nplb/NPLB_Race20080905_48h.htm

C443 needs a boost, thank you.

em99010pepe
10-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Final push on server nplb.ironbits.net port 7500. 1821 candidates remaining at n=980k.

Carlos

jcool
10-17-2008, 02:13 PM
If you could just create a batch file or installer for us dumb Windooze users and include auto thread-splitting (running 1 instance for every core has so gotten old) I'd throw it on the octacore for a day or two and be done with it :p:

I gotta spend all my spare time tuning the hardware, can't be bothered to set up some elaborate software :wasntme:

em99010pepe
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok, here you have.

Easy install of LLRNet for multi core systems.

The default setup is for rieselsieve so you will need to change the llr-clientconfig.txt file to look to the NPLB server.
-- server location
-- server = "www.footmaster.co.uk"
server = "nplb.ironbits.net"
port = 7500

and

username = "XtremeSystems_nickname"

http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet-installer-2svc.exe
http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet-installer-4svc.exe

Port 7500 has 1710 remaining...

jcool
10-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks... So which one do I need to download?
Will give this a shot tomorrow... right now I gotta get some sleep.

Edit: Ok, got it. Those are for 2 and 4 cores respectively.. I need 8 cores tho :p:
Oh well, as you still need to configure every one of those clients manually, I probably won't bother. Installed it on my lappy right now, 2 cores is better than nothing I guess.

em99010pepe
10-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks... So which one do I need to download?
Will give this a shot tomorrow... right now I gotta get some sleep.

Use the second link, it will install 4 clients. I also have to go to sleep.

jcool
10-17-2008, 03:25 PM
See edit, lol. Good night!

em99010pepe
10-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Here you have another simple way to install llrnet on 2, 4 and 8 cores machine.
The default server is on port 5000 but you also have work on port 400 and little work on port 7500. To change the port just edit llr-clientconfig.txt for all cores and look for the server location. Another thing you have to edit is your nickname, please look for the line username = "TeamName_nickname".

llr-clientconfig.txt content:
--
-- LLRNet - network part of LLR
--
-- (C) 2004-2005 Vincent Penne
--
-- Released under GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
-- (See file LICENSE that must be included with this software)
--
--
-- CLIENT CONFIGURATION FILE
--
-- WARNING: comments start with two dashes
--

-- server location
port = 5000

-- username ## Replace this with your mersenneforum username
username = "XtremeSystems_nickname"

Extract the zip, for 2 and 4, versions and unrar for the 8 version. To run the client you just need to run llrnet.exe respectively for each core.

Links to download:

http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_2_NPLB_win.zip (Core duo windows)
http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_4_NPLB_win.zip (Quad-core windows)
http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_8_NPLB_win.part1.rar (Octo part 1 windows)
http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/llrnet_8_NPLB_win.part2.rar (Octo part 2 windows)

All clients will run in the system tray. If you right click on the icon and if you choose "New GUI Window" you will get remotely control of all cores and see their progress.

Hope this helps a bit.

Carlos

em99010pepe
10-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Port 7500 has 461 remaining so if you want to help a bit I suggest Port 5000.

Carlos

EDIT:

Here's an interesting map. For 300<k<1000 we are trying to find primes until n=600,000, so we still have something like 820,000 candidates to test. By looking at the following map you can see we still have a small gap to fill. HELP NEEDED.

http://em99010pepe.googlepages.com/primos.JPG

em99010pepe
10-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Port 7500 is dried.

em99010pepe
10-19-2008, 04:29 AM
jcool,

Do you want to try to run llrnet on port 5000 for a week in a row on your octo?

Carlos

jcool
10-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Sorry, but no. Too much hassle setting it up, and too much WCG work lost. My priorities don't lie with maths calculations either ;)
I'll put some other machines on it if I get around to it. Really annoying that you have to change the config file all the time (my rigs run 24/7 without me being near them most of the time, so that's a rather big problem).

em99010pepe
10-19-2008, 04:38 AM
Ok, thank you.

em99010pepe
10-21-2008, 01:47 AM
I'll put some other machines on it if I get around to it. Really annoying that you have to change the config file all the time (my rigs run 24/7 without me being near them most of the time, so that's a rather big problem).

You just need to setup once. On which type of machine (2, 4 or 8 cores) would you run llrnet? I can easily config the files for you, you just need to extract them to your llrnet folder. I'm also hosting a server so for example you can put your cores there, please tell me if you would like to run this for just a week in a row. This would help a lot a small project, you will make a big difference.

Carlos

em99010pepe
10-21-2008, 12:52 PM
New stats page in here:

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=nplb

It will take a few days to put them correct.

em99010pepe
10-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Just to let you guys know we are trying hard to quickly finish drive 3 until the end of November.

port = 5000

em99010pepe
11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Final push to complete Drive 3, at current pace 15 days left. Help needed. Thanks.

em99010pepe
11-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Live stats are now available from free-dc stats page.

em99010pepe
11-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Drive 3 was completed a few days ago and now we are concentrated on finishing Drive 1 until the end of the year.

Current servers with work:

port = 400

#2:
port = 443

server = "nplb-gb1.no-ip.org"
port = 4000

em99010pepe
11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Glenn,

When you get back to NPLB don't forget to take out the team reference from your username. This is because the new stats system works better that way, thanks.

Carlos

glennpat
11-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Glenn,

When you get back to NPLB don't forget to take out the team reference from your username. This is because the new stats system works better that way, thanks.

Carlos

Will do. We're starting to get caught back up on the new vault projects so will at least put something on NPLB soon.

em99010pepe
11-14-2008, 12:40 PM
From NPLB forum:

To all,

We're planning another LLRnet rally next weekend from Nov. 21st at 7 PM GMT to Nov. 23rd at 7 PM GMT (2 PM EST / 11 AM PST U.S.).

The rally will be run mostly run on port 400 (for the heavier hitters) and port 443 (for smaller resources). We may also reactivate port 5000 depending on the resources running the rally. (Note by Max: G4000 is also now open for rally work. I'm guessing that it can handle a pretty heavy load, though it hasn't been tested and thus the primary load should go on IB400 unless we can get a good pre-rally load test going to verify what it can handle.)

If you can't run our usual project servers and wish to run your own, let us know how many cores you'll be running and we'll send you a range just for the rally.

Max, can you post a response that asks for and shows the cores that everyone will be bringing. Right now, I'm going to plan on a full 40 fast cores. (I may run 3-4 slow cores also.)

Bring on the firepower as we attempt to finish the 1st drive by year end!

Gary

Servers:

port = 400

#2:
port = 443

server = "nplb-gb1.no-ip.org"
port = 4000

em99010pepe
11-19-2008, 02:35 PM
We won't finish Drive 1 until the end of the year, we really need some boost.

em99010pepe
11-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks Glenn for the cores.

em99010pepe
12-06-2008, 05:03 AM
At the current pace Drive 1 will be finished within 16 days, final push Glenn? Just for a few days, bring everything.
Meanwhile got a new machine for my work, it's a quad-core, already running on server C443. My home quad is running IB400 and some manual ranges.

Carlos

glennpat
12-07-2008, 08:08 AM
At the current pace Drive 1 will be finished within 16 days, final push Glenn? Just for a few days, bring everything.
Meanwhile got a new machine for my work, it's a quad-core, already running on server C443. My home quad is running IB400 and some manual ranges.

Carlos

Except for the 1 core I have on NPLB I won't be doing a final push. I mostly just focus on the DC vault projects, but I will come to the short rallies they have on NPLB.

Glenn

em99010pepe
12-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Glenn,

I am running my own rally just until Sunday, care to join me?

Carlos

em99010pepe
01-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Very fast wu's in here Glenn:

port = 9000

http://nplb.ironbits.net/

Carlos

glennpat
01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Very fast wu's in here Glenn:

port = 9000

http://nplb.ironbits.net/

Carlos

They're really fast. Thought something was wrong when I started it up.

I see I didn't reply to your last message from awhile back. I assume I must of read it, but don't really remember.

Glenn

em99010pepe
01-10-2009, 03:14 AM
They're really fast. Thought something was wrong when I started it up.

I see I didn't reply to your last message from awhile back. I assume I must of read it, but don't really remember.

Glenn

I always post here when something interesting comes up...with these fast wu's you can climb very fast in the stats. The server has at the moment more than 2.5M candidates to be processed. Have fun!

Don't worry, Happy New Year for you and your team.

Carlos

[XC] riptide
01-10-2009, 05:15 AM
I always post here when something interesting comes up...with these fast wu's you can climb very fast in the stats. The server has at the moment more than 2.5M candidates to be processed. Have fun!

Don't worry, Happy New Year for you and your team.

Carlos

Same to you Carlos! :up:

em99010pepe
01-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Glenn,

You fire up an old machine which still uses the team name on the nickname. When you get the change please rectify it, thank you.

Carlos

glennpat
01-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Glenn,

You fire up an old machine which still uses the team name on the nickname. When you get the change please rectify it, thank you.

Carlos

I have fixed it. Thanks Carlos for catching my mistake.

Glenn

em99010pepe
01-14-2009, 03:14 AM
I have fixed it. Thanks Carlos for catching my mistake.

Glenn

Glenn,

Dave merged both accounts.

Carlos