PDA

View Full Version : Your vote needed on HWBOT

maverik-sg1
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Guys,

Not sure if you are aware but with the introduction of more multi gpu cards there are some questions being asked over at HWBOT.

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1521

The question is:

Should the X2 and GX2 graphics ards be counted as SLI/Crossfire cards or remain as single cards.

The reason this is being touted is that these cards are essentially 2 gpu's with and SLI/crossfire bridge installed - which technically makes them SLI/Crossfire.

Also, knowing that the x16 lane of the PCI-E slot gets split into two x8 slots and potentially take a peformance hit becuase of it - should these cards be entered into a new category 'Hybrid SLI/Crossfire'?

Check it out and place your vote - it's an important issue, your input is appreciated.

mascaras
02-04-2008, 12:58 PM
why they should be in CF/SLI category/ranking ???

because of the 2 GPUS????

so When you have TWO (2x) HD3870X2 in crossfireX (4 GPUs) whats the categor/Rank ? ....................

i think the policy used its ok :

# sockets instead of # of cores :

Single socket >> Single card category/Ranking

Dual socket >>> CF/SLI card category/Ranking

BTW: 7950X2 was also in Single card category , why only change that policy now??

jus my 2 cents !
:up:

SF3D
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM
maverik-sg1 - Don't bring discussions from another forum to here. This really doesn't belong here and mods will move this thread soon I think.

Mascaras is right. Sockets are the key thing here.

Move this please :up:

Vatos_locos
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
in what category is dual gf 6600 ? i think 3870x2 should be in the same :)

maverik-sg1
02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
maverik-sg1 - Don't bring discussions from another forum to here. This really doesn't belong here and mods will move this thread soon I think.

Mascaras is right. Sockets are the key thing here.

Move this please :up:

As this is something that could potentially effect all 3d teams I would of thought that 3d benchers for XS would want to have their say - simple as.

Many thanks for your comments though, will be sure to file under something?

I happen to think you are both wrong and no of GPUS is the KEY.

But if you your not interested then pls delete as is appropriate.

Cheers

Mav

massman
02-04-2008, 11:47 PM
But if you your not interested then pls delete as is appropriate.

Not being interested? Why do you think RB started that poll? :)

maverik-sg1
02-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Not being interested? Why do you think RB started that poll? :)

I did not say HWBOT was not interested :down:

I posted here so that HWBOT would get a better vote poll than the demogrphic which currently frequent their forums. Thus giving a better proportional representation of the voters who bench for HWBOT points for various teams - I would of thought that was the obvious reason for making XS members aware :up:

However, if it was not clear, I apologise and trust that this explanation helps resolve any confusion.