PDA

View Full Version : Original Xbox VGA Cable

Shaz
02-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Basically, I want to use this old thing as a small PC in my room to save me the hassle of building one to go there. And of course the cost.

I know about putting Linux on it and basically just want to do a little browsing on it and use msn from my room. I use a 360 in there for gaming.

So basically, what I am in need of is a VGA cable that will run from the back of my old Xbox to a monitor, similar to the wonderful one I use in my current 360.

Hosser
02-03-2008, 01:52 PM
You have to jimmy these together yourself, as far as I can tell. I'd kill for a VGA cable for mine, too. I have XBMC installed on mine and would love to hook it up to the VGA input of my monitor, so I could switch between PC (DVI) and Xbox nice and easily, and get rid of my crappy little CRT telly.

Shaz
02-06-2008, 10:48 AM
So some soldering an a regular VGA cable? Fun. Now all I need is a spare VGA cable and Xbox cable, just incase I screw it up and don't have one at all.

Guessing just cut the yellow one so I keep sound.

Also, finally I noticed another Xbox modder here, I expected so many more.

Hosser
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah I'd make sure you have a spare before you go chopping it up!

Let me know how it goes man; like I said I'm very interested in doing this myself.

And I was surprised too - I thought there would be loads of advice on here or people proving me wrong, providing links to pre-made cables or whatever. Seems everyone has moved to Xbox 360 now and doesn't care about the old Xbox. =[

What modchip are you using btw? I have the Xecuter 2.6 and a Crystal Xbox 1.6 with 160GB disk & passive GPU cooling (ripped off an old AMD Slot A motherboard =P)

Lestat
02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
you also need a vga enabled bios to flash to your modchip or tsop.

you can tuse it without it.

the vga enabled bios's are crap and there are huge warnings about not using them.