PDA

View Full Version : What path to take with Iwaki pump

fasttruck860
02-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm getting a new case this week and have decided to upgrade my cooling a little bit and need some help on setup. I used my iwaki pump, MD-20RZ-N (same specs as MD-20RZ), in a previous build. When I migrated to my current case I had to switch to my D5 because of size. I would like to use the Iwaki again because I feel it had better temps, also the new parts I will be adding.

I've used Martins flow estimator on my parts, but I'm still a little confused about which path to take. I have a D-tek cpu block, maze-4 gpu, thermochill 120.3 currently. I would like to toss the maze-4 and add the D-tek gpu block to the loop as well as a nozzle kit to the cpu and maybe bix 120.3 to the loop. So what do you guys think? Which nozzle kit with that gpu block and can this pump handle another radiator?

NaeKuh
02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
i dont think you can use the nozzles on the gpu. And that would make it super restrictive.

fasttruck860
02-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Sorry if I wasn't more clear. I meant nozzles on the cpu block.

Also, here's the specs of the pump: Max head= 22.6', Max flow= 2.9gal
19.68'@1.5gal/min.
16.41'@2 gal/min.
13.12'@2.5 gal/min.

NaeKuh
02-03-2008, 10:11 AM
well seeing how your head is that powerful, i dont see how it wouldnt work.

Pedalmonkey
02-03-2008, 10:25 AM
the D-Tek GPU will give you better temps, i think. are you saying ad the BIX to the thermo and have both in the loop or switch. cause if you gona switch then i would say no, the thermos just much quieter.

fasttruck860
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
No I wouldn't switch them just add to the loop. Something like pump, thermochill, cpu, Bix, gpu, res? maybe. Would a second radiator be overkill? I plan on upgrading gpu once I see the newest Nvidia offerings.

So, a 4.4m nozzle should be ok then?

Pedalmonkey
02-03-2008, 05:31 PM
have you looked at martins excel flow chart. its a sticky at the top of the page that will tell you flow of your loop. but with a D-tek fuzion with the 4.4mm nozzle and all the stuff you've included in that loop the flow should b fine. let us know what the temps r after you get it all set up.

IMO the 2nd rad would b overkill unless ur doing some serious OCing of your CPU and GPU. the thermo should handle around 500w of heat dump with some decent flow fans on it if i remember correctly, but im not 100% sure

fasttruck860
02-04-2008, 01:37 PM
I checked the chart out, but I wasn't sure if I should be aiming for a higher flow rate then I would get with the 4.4m nozzles. With everything plugged in with the 4.4m I was getting 1.3 gpm and a "high good" on the flow rate. With the 5.5m I'm getting 1.54 gpm and a "lower great" on the flow rate. I guess I'm unsure of the benefits that the 4.4m with give or the 5.5m temp wise/ flow rate.

I think I'm going to try the 4.4m and I will certainly post pics of my new parts when they go in. I'm going to stick to a single rad for now and see how happy I am with my temps.