PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 8500C5D modules..

LORD-eX-Bu
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi, I've been having constant C1 errors with my 680i mainboard so I decided to run memtest on each stick individually and found that one got a ton of errors.

A couple of days later and my pc won't post at all. All I see is a C1 or a 1d post code regardless of what stick or in what slot I have the memory in.

I've tried the memory in another system and it will not post, it just gives a C1 error. Just to be on the safe side I RMA'd my 680i and its replacement should be here on monday.

My problem is that I haven't been able to get a RMA number from Corsair for my memory. Its been about a week since I first contacted Corsair through the tech support xpress system and I have gotten one reply from "ramguy" basically just telling me to run memtest and try it in another system.

I already did that before and even stated that when I first contacted technical support.

any ideas?

EDIT: I finally got a response from customer service and my RMA is approved :)

Yellowbeard
02-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Please post here or send me a PM with your case number that TSX assigned you. I'll push it thru. Sorry for the delay and the problem with the modules.

LORD-eX-Bu
02-01-2008, 10:20 AM
my case number is 417309. It has already been approved. I will mail the modules in on monday, thanks :)

Yellowbeard
02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
No problem, again, sorry you had the failure. Good luck with the replacements.

LiViD
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Please note that the 680i does have issues running various modules of PC2-8500 RAM at specified settings. The Asus Striker Extreme and the eVGA 680i have been known to do this. I hate to bash Corsair on this one, but the company that I work for has seen too many problems trying to combine the Dominator RAM with 680i chipsets. If we set the RAM to 800 MHz, it works peachy keen. If we set the RAM to 1066, we get errors all over the place. The Ballistix fairs better, but stability is still a concern.

We normally warm the customer that they are taking a risk in mixing the two.

Yellowbeard
02-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Please note that the 680i does have issues running various modules of PC2-8500 RAM at specified settings. The Asus Striker Extreme and the eVGA 680i have been known to do this. I hate to bash Corsair on this one, but the company that I work for has seen too many problems trying to combine the Dominator RAM with 680i chipsets. If we set the RAM to 800 MHz, it works peachy keen. If we set the RAM to 1066, we get errors all over the place. The Ballistix fairs better, but stability is still a concern.

We normally warm the customer that they are taking a risk in mixing the two.

Based on what you have said, it sounds more like the board or a setup/bios tuning issue.

LiViD
02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
We don't tune the boards because we have inexperienced customers that use the product. There should be no reason why a motherboard should not be able to use SPD/EPP timings with a particular set of RAM. I can get Mushkin, Crucial, Patriot, Kingston, and on the odd occasion for OCZ to do this.

If you are trying to enforce customers to used specific timing for every different motherboard that gets produced, that's an issue on your end, not ours and perhaps my employer shouldn't be selling it to consumers. This bolds well when I have your marketing material from Fragapalooza that states your RAM is supported to work in conjunction with Nvidia's SPD standard. It obviously doesn't do that.

Countless users worldwide have reported Corsair/C1 problems and all you do is offer an RMA instead of proper quality testing. Eventually better IC's will have to be used in your products before I ever recommend them to a customer. God forbid the DDR-III products are this bad.

Yellowbeard
02-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure what you are seeing but, our memory works just fine with Nvidia's EPP profiles. We were the primary memory partner that developed it with Nvidia. There is a VERY long and growing list of SIs that agree with this.

If there is some genuine issue you are seeing then I would ask that your company get in contact with us on an official level as opposed to hijacking an XS thread about a failed module. Why don't you have your employer contact me and I'll get him in contact with the resources to get this properly addressed?