PDA

View Full Version : Four Indicted in Pirate Bay Case

WrigleyVillain
01-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Suddenly the founders of the Pirate Bay are not so hearty. The four men behind the popular file-sharing site were indicted in Sweden on Thursday on charges of being accessories to breaking copyright law. And this is more than just a shot across the bows. The prosecutor reckons that they can be hooked for 'promoting other people's copyright breaches' but there will be no walking the plank: instead, they face fines of up to $200,000 and the confiscation of all their hardware. 'The Swedish prosecutor listed dozens of works that had been downloaded through The Pirate Bay site, including The Beatles' Let It Be, Robbie Williams' Intensive Care and the movie Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire. Plaintiffs in the case include Warner, MGM, Columbia Pictures, 20th Century Fox Films, Sony BMG, Universal and EMI.

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/31/132237&from=rss
http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-team-charged-080131/

hecktic
01-31-2008, 08:10 AM
ouch....

Grafton
01-31-2008, 08:23 AM
NO not my pirate bay where else will i get my pron torrents?

freeloader
01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
It won't go anywhere in Sweden.

BTW...after the case gets tossed out of court, the four indicted should file civil action against the crown prosecutor and the mentioned companies. If hosting torrents is illegal, then why hasn't anyone sued Google or Yahoo yet? The PB is just a search engine.

Shintai
01-31-2008, 08:29 AM
^^ what he said.

icon57
01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
^^^ agreed

amrgb
01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
...on charges of being accessories to breaking copyright law.

In that case gun shop owners are accessories to murder, armed robberies and so on.

Calmatory
01-31-2008, 09:22 AM

BTW...after the case gets tossed out of court, the four indicted should file civil action against the crown prosecutor and the mentioned companies. If hosting torrents is illegal, then why hasn't anyone sued Google or Yahoo yet? The PB is just a search engine.Does Google/Yahoo host torrents which include copyrighted material, which they have no copyright for? Does TPB do this?

freeloader
01-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Does Google/Yahoo host torrents which include copyrighted material, which they have no copyright for? Does TPB do this?

Hosting torrents isn't copyright violation. The torrents contain absolutely no data that would constitute copyright violation.

For your information, I entered "Rambo 2008 torrent" into Yahoo and Google. Here's what popped up.

http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p=rambo+2008+torrent&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8&meta=vl%3D

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=rambo+2008+torrent&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Revv23
01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
I think the difference is that TPB hosts the torrent wheras google and yahoo simply link you to a site that link them. I don't think that makes either party right though.

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Where was Demonoid hosted?

Reading "It won't go anywhere in Sweden" made my day.

I thought The Pirate Bay does host the torrents, but not the material itself, as the material is hosted on the seeders computers.

Faktor
01-31-2008, 09:56 AM

I thought The Pirate Bay does host the torrents, but not the material itself, as the material is hosted on the seeders computers.

It is. So while current laws are in place they can't hold TPB responsible for what users have on their computers. If they somehow DID flip it so TPB could be held accountable then like someone else said, Gun Shop owners could be held accountable for what people do with the guns they sell.

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
It is. So while current laws are in place they can't hold TPB responsible for what users have on their computers. If they somehow DID flip it so TPB could be held accountable then like someone else said, Gun Shop owners could be held accountable for what people do with the guns they sell.

And the only way of finding out what people have on their computer would be to use ThePirateBay's tracker, get every IP of a seeder, and sue them?

QWIDGYBO
01-31-2008, 10:08 AM

Demonoid was hosted in Canada before the CRIA took care of them. Before that it was in the Netherlands. Funnily enough apparently TPB offered help/candor to Deimos(Demonoid creator) to come to Sweden...I heard on XS that they offered a couple of servers...

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Demonoid was hosted in Canada before the CRIA took care of them. Funnily enough apparently TPB offered help/candor to Deimos(Demonoid creator) to come to Sweden...I heard on XS that they offered a couple of servers...

So, Canada took all their servers?
Hmm... I no longer like ice hockey.

QWIDGYBO
01-31-2008, 10:15 AM
No they just threatened the company renting them to Demonoid. When the CRIA threatened legal action all Canadians visiting the site were redirected to a downtime site. They did this to halt the threats of litigation.
Apparently the trackers were not harmed. This is a quote from Deimos...

"Money is an issue, but the real problem at the moment is finding a suitable place to host the website. There has been no luck there. And there's some personal stuff I need to take care of that takes most of my time at the moment, and that does not help."

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
No they just threatened the company renting them to Demonoid. When the CRIA threatened legal action all Canadians visiting the site were redirected to a downtime site. They did this to halt the threats of litigation.
Apparently the trackers were not harmed. This is a quote from Deimos...

"Money is an issue, but the real problem at the moment is finding a suitable place to host the website. There has been no luck there. And there's some personal stuff I need to take care of that takes most of my time at the moment, and that does not help."

I always wonder how a single person maintains such a great site, and for many other sites, like this one!

I know they have teams and all, but it still must be something to think about every day.

Demonoid was great, too bad I never had a user account.

If it comes back, it would be a slap in the face to all of those companies.

Imagine if record companies didn't care. I mean, it would be very dumb for them not to, but imagine all the money they would save. I am sure they would still lose some money, but instead of paying for all the "anti this, anti that", companies that do all that should be out of buisness, and whatever profits the major companies get, they should be happy with, because I personally don't believe they can ever stop P2P.

QWIDGYBO
01-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Of course they cant stop it. They should've wised up and truly embraced it. There is money to be made with file sharing...

icon57
01-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Of course they cant stop it. They should've wised up and truly embraced it. There is money to be made with file sharing...

how?

Blauhung
01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
...Gun Shop owners could be held accountable for what people do with the guns they sell.

that only works so far, at least the gun shop owners are required to check out the people they sell to (the checks might not be deep enough, and can't prevent future crimes though). TPB does not filter content that they do not hold copyrights to. People will say the gun shops at least make an effort to hold off ill eagle activities.

Calmatory
01-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Hosting torrents isn't copyright violation. The torrents contain absolutely no data that would constitute copyright violation.

For your information, I entered "Rambo 2008 torrent" into Yahoo and Google. Here's what popped up.

http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p=rambo+2008+torrent&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8&meta=vl%3D

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=rambo+2008+torrent&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

I know, but lets be real. You just CAN NOT do anything about google, and google just gives random results of sites which are somehow related to search term. But TBP and others actually give torrents out, which are used for downloading illegal stuff. Which one to close down? TPB.

QWIDGYBO
01-31-2008, 11:31 AM
how?

By embracing it....:rofl: .....:confused: .....
Na mate, by offering a wider variety of media with better downloadability.
Sure they'll lose a sh*tload of money with CD's becoming things of the past but they might as well do what they can. They will never defeat it...

heydo6
01-31-2008, 11:34 AM
buy selling the movies where we really want them first ...at home

i would gladly pay $5 or so to watch a dvdrip at home while others are at the theater . i personly don't go to a movie theater very offen . the only reason it goes there first is because of money . if they would think ... what does the consumer want first and money second they wouldn't be in such a bad war with p2p .

QWIDGYBO
01-31-2008, 11:38 AM

i would gladly pay $5 or so to watch a dvdrip at home while others are at the theater . i personly don't go to a movie theater very offen . the only reason it goes there first is because of money . if they would think ... what does the consumer want first and money second they wouldn't be in such a bad war with p2p .

Well said...

Oc-Ghost
01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
....and the confiscation of all their hardware......
This is something I find extremely annoying, the only things that is
illegal, is on the hdd´s. Leave my hardware alone kk,thx,bai

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
I know, but lets be real. You just CAN NOT do anything about google, and google just gives random results of sites which are somehow related to search term. But TBP and others actually give torrents out, which are used for downloading illegal stuff. Which one to close down? TPB.

Google can be "stopped". lol
You have to sign up and register your site for caching, and you can control what is and what isn't cached.

Google doesn't actually HOST what is there. It gives a link too.
Google does cache some websites, but not files and images.

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 12:59 PM

Then it would be a movie theater war.
Movie theaters charge $7.50, and I am sure they make a hefty profit off the 3 dollar popcorn and 3 dollar sodas.

Power5
01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
that only works so far, at least the gun shop owners are required to check out the people they sell to (the checks might not be deep enough, and can't prevent future crimes though). TPB does not filter content that they do not hold copyrights to. People will say the gun shops at least make an effort to hold off ill eagle activities.

Simple, just add a line in small text at the bottom of the home page that says," DOWNLOADING PIRATED MEDIA IS ILLEGAL AND THPIRATEBAY.ORG DOES NOT CONDONE IT"
:clap:

icon57
01-31-2008, 01:20 PM
guess they figure the hardware was purchased with money made from ill gotten gains...

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
guess they figure the hardware was purchased with money made from ill gotten gains...

How many 20 dollar CDs would it take for them to take my $2000 dollar PC?

Eh, I guess.

halo112358
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM

BTW...after the case gets tossed out of court, the four indicted should file civil action against the crown prosecutor and the mentioned companies. If hosting torrents is illegal, then why hasn't anyone sued Google or Yahoo yet? The PB is just a search engine.

They're not just a search engine, they also host the tracker. For anyone who doesn't know the tracker in a torrent coordinates all of the people who wish to participate in uploading/downloading that torrent, ie: in the US you're accessory to a crime. Fortunately this is Sweden and they're a bit more sane about what they consider copycrime.

Syn.
01-31-2008, 02:04 PM
i was just listening the UK media respond to this and its been all right so far. They had a guy from record industry come on and moan how pirate bay owners are making money of the site and called them common crooks. Thats the only thing that gets them is that sites like pirate bay are making money off their content. Which is stupid to me as if a site like pirate bay is supposedly making money just tracking torrents then why dont they do the same?

I guess thats just a too simple solution for them. Either way the Pirate Bay is now hosted in multiple locations which means if they take the Sweden servers offline it will still be up.

freeloader
01-31-2008, 02:08 PM

Bingo, :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing Yahtzee! I'd love to watch a movie delivered straight to my house and I'd pay $5 to $10 for it.

freeloader
01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
They're not just a search engine, they also host the tracker. For anyone who doesn't know the tracker in a torrent coordinates all of the people who wish to participate in uploading/downloading that torrent, ie: in the US you're accessory to a crime. Fortunately this is Sweden and they're a bit more sane about what they consider copycrime.

Well, we all know the U.S. has the best politicians money can buy! :D Until the people there decide to take back their government, things will only get worse for them.

Swatrecon_
01-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, we all know the U.S. has the best politicians money can buy! :D Until the people there decide to take back their government, things will only get worse for them.

my god, those :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing liberals ruin everything here. All the problems with modern Social Security (FICA) can be blamed on them. And then they turn to blame the conservatives, and people actually believe them. FDR (a democrat) started Social Security as an optional program, and look what it's turned into.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
Into the Program would be deductible from
Their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the
Independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
General operating fund, and therefore, would
Only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees
Would never be taxed as income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
Now receiving a Social Security check every month --
And then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
The money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
Away' -- you may be interested in the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from t he
Independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
General fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
Controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
Deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving
Annuity payments to immigrants?

A: That's right!
Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
Began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
Even though they never paid a dime into it!

Super strokey
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I was looking for my grinding stone, now i know where it is

my god, those :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing liberals ruin everything here. All the problems with modern Social Security (FICA) can be blamed on them. And then they turn to blame the conservatives, and people actually believe them. FDR (a democrat) started Social Security as an optional program, and look what it's turned into.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
Into the Program would be deductible from
Their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the
Independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
General operating fund, and therefore, would
Only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees
Would never be taxed as income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
Now receiving a Social Security check every month --
And then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
The money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
Away' -- you may be interested in the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from t he
Independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
General fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
Controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
Deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving
Annuity payments to immigrants?

A: That's right!
Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
Began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
Even though they never paid a dime into it!

tommyshango
01-31-2008, 02:23 PM
please dont associate the democratic party with liberals they are just as conservative as republicans. you are confusing many things here and it has nothing to do with tpb which is a highly liberal site which i actively support.

Swatrecon_
01-31-2008, 02:35 PM
please dont associate the democratic party with liberals they are just as conservative as republicans. you are confusing many things here and it has nothing to do with tpb which is a highly liberal site which i actively support.

let's see, no you're wrong. Democrats=liberal. Unless, of course, you are referring to Stephen Colbert, he's a self-proclaimed Democrat (they don't recognize him) and he hates liberals. That's the only example I know of.

:rofl: n00b.

tommyshango
01-31-2008, 02:45 PM
man.. are you even serious? stephen colbert's entire show is done in irony.. everything he says he is trying to be ironic.. he is a hardcore pretend conservative and in reality a hardcore liberal.. he is neither a republican nor a democrat just like the show he originally came from the daily show where jon stewart is a true liberal and definately not a democrat or republican. democrats does not equal liberal. i dont know where you are getting these ideas from but they have no base and are completely wrong. you can take a look at a political spectrum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_spectrum and most political scientists would put both the republican and democratic parties in the usa far to the right... although the democrats would be found slightly to the left of the republicans but still far far to the right just short of fascism. being liberal means something completely different http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism .. a quick read. seriously dont ever confuse the democrats with being liberal they are a neo-conservative group just like the republicans.

tommyshango
01-31-2008, 02:48 PM
and colbert is a self proclaimed conservative do you even watch the show? and if you do.. do you understand it? it seems like you dont.

tommyshango
01-31-2008, 02:49 PM
not to mention that as i was trying to point out.. conservatism is trying to destry tpb not liberals.. liberals DEFEND freedom thats what liberals do not the other way around.. you must be brainwashed by conservatives if you actually believe that.

Swatrecon_
01-31-2008, 02:59 PM
man.. are you even serious? stephen colbert's entire show is done in irony.. everything he says he is trying to be ironic.. he is a hardcore pretend conservative and in reality a hardcore liberal.. he is neither a republican nor a democrat just like the show he originally came from the daily show where jon stewart is a true liberal and definately not a democrat or republican. democrats does not equal liberal. i dont know where you are getting these ideas from but they have no base and are completely wrong. you can take a look at a political spectrum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_spectrum and most political scientists would put both the republican and democratic parties in the usa far to the right... although the democrats would be found slightly to the left of the republicans but still far far to the right just short of fascism. being liberal means something completely different http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism .. a quick read. seriously dont ever confuse the democrats with being liberal they are a neo-conservative group just like the republicans.

Ok, seriously go talk to a real democrat, say Hilary Clinton, or Barack Obama. They will tell you they are LEFT WING. Conservatives are RIGHT WING. look at the chart. PERSONAL FREEDOM IS ON THE LEFT WING! This is why you hear all the DEMOCRATIC candidates saying that they want "Power to the people" and they want to increase wages. This will also raise taxes, but it's for the good of the people, right? WRONG. Conservatives will tell you that in order to help the economy, taxes need to be lowered. That way businesses and individuals will have more spending money, and they can flourish. I personally like Ron Paul's idea of abolishing the IRS, but that's just me. I think it's unconstitutional. That's more of a libertarian view, but I agree with it nonetheless. If the US was left in the hands of a truly conservative President for about 16 years, we could cure the country. But that won't happen because everyone complains after 3 yrs instead of seeing the bigger picture. The only reason people support Democrats is because they think they'll get some kind of reward when they go into office. All they get is higher taxes and a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty economy. Now I understand that the War in Iraq is hurting the economy, but when the war is allowed to finish, and it must be allowed to if the lives of soldiers are not to be in vain, then we will see the wisdom of it. That's the problem with most American's, they only see 3ft in front of their face. They can't take a step or a thousand back and look at what's going to happen 10 years down the road. People aren't content with waiting for the greater good, they'd rather have it good now and hope it doesn't turn to :banana::banana::banana::banana: later as opposed to guarantee it's good later.

Swatrecon_
01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
and colbert is a self proclaimed conservative do you even watch the show? and if you do.. do you understand it? it seems like you dont.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_colbert

read it. :rofl:

Colbert is a self-described Democrat.

That's describing his personal life. Not what he PLAYS on TV. He's a democrat, that makes fun of everyone.

Drunner611
01-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Social security was a good idea for the time around the depression. The bad part is that the government thought it would be a great idea to keep it around after the depression passed. That was their mistake.

Then again, this has nothing to do with that. Except that our government is bloated with corruption. Lobbyists should be illegal and that's the first step towards a reformation.

tommyshango
01-31-2008, 03:20 PM
can i have what youre smoking?

it was left in the hands of a republican for the last 7 years or were you sleeping? do i even have to get into the legacy bush has left behind? you have no political training whatsoever and i refuse to waste my time any further. this has nothing to do with tpb and you could not possibly carry on any further arguments without attending a university for several years and i dont have time for that.

also.. you clearly dont understand the idea of the political spectrum.. its a spectrum the democratic party is found far to the right sorry but ask a political scientist and they will agree. the democratic party is more liberal on some issues such as abortion in comparison to the republican party but as a whole they are VERY conservative if they werent barack, hillary, etc would have a very different platform than the one they have now. you are very wrong sorry..

Swatrecon_
01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
can i have what youre smoking?

it was left in the hands of a republican for the last 7 years or were you sleeping? do i even have to get into the legacy bush has left behind? you have no political training whatsoever and i refuse to waste my time any further. this has nothing to do with tpb and you could not possibly carry on any further arguments without attending a university for several years and i dont have time for that.

also.. you clearly dont understand the idea of the political spectrum.. its a spectrum the democratic party is found far to the right sorry but ask a political scientist and they will agree. the democratic party is more liberal on some issues such as abortion in comparison to the republican party but as a whole they are VERY conservative if they werent barack, hillary, etc would have a very different platform than the one they have now. you are very wrong sorry..

Ok, sure, i don't know where you went to school, but i'd like to have a talk with your teacher. I realize Bush is not the best President ever, but like i have said, people won't realize he was great until 10 yrs from now. 7 years is hardly enough time. your clearly too ignorant to understand anything i'll try to say, so i'm not wasting time arguing with you.

Syn.
01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
ok when did this become american crisis debate?

Swatrecon_
01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Social security was a good idea for the time around the depression. The bad part is that the government thought it would be a great idea to keep it around after the depression passed. That was their mistake.

Then again, this has nothing to do with that. Except that our government is bloated with corruption. Lobbyists should be illegal and that's the first step towards a reformation.

i agree.

dinos22
01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE

who cares about US politics >>> sure as hell has nothing to do with this thread

go fight in another topic or PM

i agree with some of the replies in this topic regarding google, yahoo and others showing those searches as well. Why not sue them :rolleyes: good luck :D

Swatrecon_
01-31-2008, 03:33 PM
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE

who cares about US politics >>> sure as hell has nothing to do with this thread

go fight in another topic or PM

i agree with some of the replies in this topic regarding google, yahoo and others showing those searches as well. Why not sue them :rolleyes: good luck :D

someone with enough money could do it, and i think the RIAA has enough. it would be ludicrous though.

dinos22
01-31-2008, 03:57 PM
someone with enough money could do it, and i think the RIAA has enough. it would be ludicrous though.

lol yeah suing google is suicide
same as suing MS as they are accessory too considering majority of users actually use windows to download torrents right :D

strange|ife
01-31-2008, 04:41 PM
funny last nite I was downloading some ebooks off bay. Now :banana::banana::banana::banana: dont work!!

Ugh guess it's either start my news account back up, or go it oldschool and troll efnet undernet. Anime still is big on IRC last time I checked, and ebooks, etc. Software/games isnt so big now

tommyshango
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
the site hasnt gone down at all. not once that i can tell since this. i dont think there has been any interruption.

twin_savage
01-31-2008, 06:41 PM
this kan't be that bad, i mean anyone remember when their location got raided by the police. i hope

[XC] 2long4u
01-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Then it would be a movie theater war.
Movie theaters charge $7.50, and I am sure they make a hefty profit off the 3 dollar popcorn and 3 dollar sodas.

Where is this $7.50 movie theater you speak of? Try $9.50 here in Sacramento!:shakes:

[XC] 2long4u
01-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Does Google/Yahoo host torrents which include copyrighted material, which they have no copyright for? Does TPB do this?

You can download copyrighted material through Google. So I guess you could say they host it.

Ouchy
01-31-2008, 07:14 PM
2long4u;2741036']You can download copyrighted material through Google. So I guess you could say they host it.

Right... :ROTF:

Maybe you should pull out a dictionary.

STEvil
01-31-2008, 07:48 PM
I dont know, you never seem to contribute to any of these discussions Ouchy, so maybe we should just remove you from them?

Ouchy
01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
I dont know, you never seem to contribute to any of these discussions Ouchy, so maybe we should just remove you from them?

You're absolutely right! My comments are definitely below the standard of the News forum. How can I compete with the likes of these?

"ouch..."

"NO not my pirate bay where else will i get my pron torrents?"

"BTW...after the case gets tossed out of court, the four indicted should file civil action against the crown prosecutor and the mentioned companies. If hosting torrents is illegal, then why hasn't anyone sued Google or Yahoo yet? The PB is just a search engine."

First three comments of the thread too. Maybe if you put aside your personal biases, you would see that the quality of my posts are very similar to other members.

Grafton
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
not as happy with pink torent as i was with torrent spy i miss them ...
and woo i got mentioned on the 3rd page lol
anyway
all this politics stuff:
1. 10 years from now the real impact of bush will be felt and it wont be pretty
2. on the issue of lobbyists do you want lobbyists for things you generally support ie pc gaming industry they've started to use lobbyists
but for the most part they are a negative influence on democracy

its funny that we as a nation are trying to bring democracy to foreign nations by force but have one that is so screwed up at home.

3. our current government is just a mass of red tape nothing seems to be as it should not to mention the *news* media which are only in it for the ratings not the news
on the whole tpb thingy:
the riaa and mpaa are what is milking there respective industries dry lol
if i was ever to torrent something copyrighted ;) it would be because i cant afford it so the "companies" arn't losing theoretical money on me if i did torrent something bc if i didn't have torrents i wouldn't watch in the first place.
i think thats makes up the majority of p2p users they just wouldn't consume if p2p wasn't around yes there are those who are cheap and those who are in it to make a buck but i do not believe they are a large percentage.
and from what i have learned for the 2 "steal this film" movies tpb guys shouldn't have to worry about anything in court.

[XC] 2long4u
01-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Right... :ROTF:

Maybe you should pull out a dictionary.

Ok let me clarify. If PB is getting sued for HOSTING then Google Might as well be sued for HOSTING also as there is a means to download copyrighted content through Google. :shakes:
God you are a grump.:down:

chew*
01-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Hmm last I read up on this PB was counter sueing, well at least counter sueing media defender, for breach of users rights......

Calmatory
01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
2long4u;2741036']You can download copyrighted material through Google. So I guess you could say they host it.is google somehow promoting you to copyright infringement? Does google HOST files which allow copyright infringement very easily?

2long4u;2741324']Ok let me clarify. If PB is getting sued for HOSTING then Google Might as well be sued for HOSTING also as there is a means to download copyrighted content through Google. :shakes:
God you are a grump.:down:

And how do toy back that one up? Google has nothing to do with torrents. "But TPB and alike just host torrent fiels!1! They ocn'tain no ocpyirghtde matreial!1!!!", yeah right. I just gave you the gun, ammo and proper training + plan just to kill your president, I have done nothign wrong, you killed him, not me!!

Kain665
01-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Gosh Darnit! Not the bay too... Well... MiniNova and ISOhunt are still up... *Goes to check*

T_M
01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
is google somehow promoting you to copyright infringement? Does google HOST files which allow copyright infringement very easily?

Does TPB promote copyright infringement? Genuine question.
BTW, i can use Google to find how to hack DRM, make copies of copyrighted materials, find serial numbers for pirated softwares, the list goes on.
In fact i can use Google to find TBP

[XC] 2long4u
01-31-2008, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Calmatory;2741343]is google somehow promoting you to copyright infringement? Does google HOST files which allow copyright infringement very easily?
[QUOTE]

Not sure I want to tell you. Who do you work for again?

Calmatory
02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
2long4u;2741377'][QUOTE=Calmatory;2741343]is google somehow promoting you to copyright infringement? Does google HOST files which allow copyright infringement very easily?
[QUOTE]

Not sure I want to tell you. Who do you work for again?
I work for no one. Going even a bit against this "All hail pirates" makes me to be the evil here. I do put up arguments AGAINST my own opinion, just because people don't understand difference between Google and TPB. And yes, I wish TPB wins the court.

Syn.
02-01-2008, 03:47 AM
Google will never be sued, RIAA would never challenge someone who is stronger then they are.

On a happy note anyone seen the Pirate Bay's latest home image with Mount Sharemore?

freeloader
02-01-2008, 04:10 AM
You're absolutely right! My comments are definitely below the standard of the News forum. How can I compete with the likes of these?

"ouch..."

"NO not my pirate bay where else will i get my pron torrents?"

"BTW...after the case gets tossed out of court, the four indicted should file civil action against the crown prosecutor and the mentioned companies. If hosting torrents is illegal, then why hasn't anyone sued Google or Yahoo yet? The PB is just a search engine."

First three comments of the thread too. Maybe if you put aside your personal biases, you would see that the quality of my posts are very similar to other members.

Anything in particular you don't agree with about my post? Please inform me.

iddqd
02-01-2008, 04:42 AM
By embracing it....:rofl: .....:confused: .....
Na mate, by offering a wider variety of media with better downloadability.
Sure they'll lose a sh*tload of money with CD's becoming things of the past but they might as well do what they can. They will never defeat it...

Well, yeah, the main problem with music downloads is that you can easily find mainstream garbage, but if you want something that not every 12 year old is blasting on their iPod, you have to go to eMule, and that takes bloody ages. But I don't mind.

Actually, HD movies will be greatly limited by bandwidth.... at least in the North America, where you can't get 100mbit DSL like you can in Sweden. The best we have here is like 10mbit cable.... so downloading an HD movie will take several days.

Content providers could team up with ISPs to deliver a stream/download content delivery for HD movies, for example... like PPV, but you get to keep a soft copy. If you want a card copy, you can print a coupon to get a discount maybe since you technically already own a copy and just want a box set.

QWIDGYBO
02-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Yeah I'm sure there are a plethora of things they could do if it were their number one priority. Alas it is not...

heydo6
02-01-2008, 06:57 AM
not as happy with pink torent as i was with torrent spy i miss them ...
and woo i got mentioned on the 3rd page lol
anyway
all this politics stuff:
1. 10 years from now the real impact of bush will be felt and it wont be pretty
2. on the issue of lobbyists do you want lobbyists for things you generally support ie pc gaming industry they've started to use lobbyists
but for the most part they are a negative influence on democracy

its funny that we as a nation are trying to bring democracy to foreign nations by force but have one that is so screwed up at home.

3. our current government is just a mass of red tape nothing seems to be as it should not to mention the *news* media which are only in it for the ratings not the news
on the whole tpb thingy:
the riaa and mpaa are what is milking there respective industries dry lol
if i was ever to torrent something copyrighted ;) it would be because i cant afford it so the "companies" arn't losing theoretical money on me if i did torrent something bc if i didn't have torrents i wouldn't watch in the first place.
i think thats makes up the majority of p2p users they just wouldn't consume if p2p wasn't around yes there are those who are cheap and those who are in it to make a buck but i do not believe they are a large percentage.
and from what i have learned for the 2 "steal this film" movies tpb guys shouldn't have to worry about anything in court.

yes ... sucks we lost torrentspy but tpb is a great seach engine also .

there are many movies i would go rent if i didn't have p2p . most of what i download are hard to find movies or over price show series . for the most part i would just go with out and watch anyone of the houndreds of cable channels i have so i would really get my $60 worth . with work and my kids driveing into and early grave i don't spend much time watching tv anyways . i sure am glad tpb is there for when i here of some crazy old movie i want to lookup like ...emanuelle in america ... not really a good movie but one of those thing you just can't turn away from .

heydo6
02-01-2008, 07:17 AM
is google somehow promoting you to copyright infringement? Does google HOST files which allow copyright infringement very easily?

And how do toy back that one up? Google has nothing to do with torrents. "But TPB and alike just host torrent fiels!1! They ocn'tain no ocpyirghtde matreial!1!!!", yeah right. I just gave you the gun, ammo and proper training + plan just to kill your president, I have done nothign wrong, you killed him, not me!!

so if you sell a kid some drugs it's not your fault he dies from an OD. you didn't make him or her do it !!! i know that is reaching but cause and effect

Calmatory
02-01-2008, 07:34 AM
so if you sell a kid some drugs it's not your fault he dies from an OD. you didn't make him or her do it !!! i know that is reaching but cause and effectKid might not know what he/she is doing. Pirates do, so do bounty killers.

Yoxxy
02-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Well, yeah, the main problem with music downloads is that you can easily find mainstream garbage, but if you want something that not every 12 year old is blasting on their iPod, you have to go to eMule, and that takes bloody ages. But I don't mind.

Actually, HD movies will be greatly limited by bandwidth.... at least in the North America, where you can't get 100mbit DSL like you can in Sweden. The best we have here is like 10mbit cable.... so downloading an HD movie will take several days.

Content providers could team up with ISPs to deliver a stream/download content delivery for HD movies, for example... like PPV, but you get to keep a soft copy. If you want a card copy, you can print a coupon to get a discount maybe since you technically already own a copy and just want a box set.

You can already watch HD Movies on demand from numerous cable/iptv providers in the USA. It is just they get to control the content. It is not that there isn't bandwidth. It is just we don't see it on all isp's.

02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Lol... TPB isn't going anywhere. It's admins don't even know the locations of all it's servers, which are scattered throughout many different countries, and there are non profit organizations dumping money on them and reinforcing them.

n91htmare
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I found Piratebay through google......so is google getting sued too?

ak_47_boy
02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
They should have put a few thousand pounds of explosives under there servers so confiscation efforts would have failed.

Syn.
02-01-2008, 03:04 PM
They should have put a few thousand pounds of explosives under there servers so confiscation efforts would have failed.

You dont need that. Put electronic magnet in the same room as the servers, anyone comes in you flip the switch and all data is wiped from the HDD's.

Reinvented
02-01-2008, 03:27 PM

Yes, that's just what you need. Almost an act of terrorism, and even a murder charged tagged on. GJ! :down: :down:

02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes, that's just what you need. Almost an act of terrorism, and even a murder charged tagged on. GJ! :down: :down:

Blame it on faulty hardware in the server PCs :rofl: