PDA

View Full Version : need help with condensation!

saaya
08-15-2003, 10:25 AM
card gets too cold... i get water on the marked spots:

green=neoprene red=condensation

saaya
08-15-2003, 10:27 AM
back of the card

saaya
08-15-2003, 11:11 AM
naaaasty :/

saaya
08-15-2003, 11:13 AM
damn how will i get it off later? :)

r00t3d
08-15-2003, 11:15 AM
omg :D

AcEmAsTr
08-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Thats INSANE!!!!

test it quick lol!

Bra!nFreeZe^
08-15-2003, 11:36 AM
it is EXTREME as it have to be ;) gl m8

Keeper
08-15-2003, 12:00 PM
When you power down the system, are you powering down the water pumps and TEC's too?

As long as your pumping power through the system you should not get condensation on your memory, but once the system is powered down, you will get condensation all over the place if the tec's are still on after any length of time.

Looking at your pic’s, it appears you are testing your tec’s without a CPU. If there is no load on the components you will see condensation everywhere. Once you power up the system you won’t have that problem.

You might want to run a fan on it while testing to keep the water off.

AcEmAsTr
08-15-2003, 01:15 PM
We has that discussion in IRC, bad thing is, he hasnt ocme back yet :(

saaya
08-15-2003, 06:54 PM
im fine, im fine :D

i ripped one of the hoses off by accident while sticking the card in the system :rolleyes:

well i had to take the mobo out and let it dry for some hours... works fine now :)

i used the downtime and insulated the card some more. i put a thin layer of vaseline on the places i got condensation before, then covered that with neoprene and selead the whole thing with silicon. its 100% air and water tight now :)

ill post pix tomorrow and hopefully get to test it finally. ive put some clamps on the hoses as well to keep them on the card.

the pump does not shut down with the system, the tecs eihter as i power them with my old samsung 200W psu. yeah thats right 200W, but the air comming out of the psu is completely cool! and ive already made a test run for 24 hours with all for tecs(not on my card) and 2 casefans on it 2 weeks ago, and the psu was still absolutely cool!

i will plug all of those parts in a... damn how you call those things where you can plug in diferent power plugs and it has an extra power plug. if i shut that power button down all things connected to it get cut from power... well ill be using that for my pc, monitor, soundsystem, pumps and the extra psu powering the tecs.

yes when i run the tecs without the card running they basically pull all heat out of the card. after 45 min i get condensation on the whole card... its pulling the heat through the whole pcb!

well its about 100-120W combined tec power :)

it takes some time though, as the tecs only have contact to the memory chips.

AcEmAsTr
08-16-2003, 02:20 AM
glad your ok m8, we worried about u on irc! lol

saaya
08-16-2003, 08:58 AM
hehe i guessed... i wanted to let ya know im alright but the board wouldnt boot... was still wet somehwere... after 4 hours it worked again all the sudden :)

saaya
08-16-2003, 06:23 PM
apllied some extra insulation (green)

saaya
08-16-2003, 06:25 PM
and the front... i applied some extra vaseline, then cut some neoprene in shape and sealed it all with silicon so the vaseline cant run out...