PDA

View Full Version : If loop sucks air..?

Saimo
01-30-2008, 06:36 AM
If loop sucks air from outside it always leak right?

Baleful
01-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Huh? I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I think you're asking if your loop somehow sucks air in, is it leaking? That all depends...it's quite possible to have your loop setup in the wrong order and have it "suck air in" or appear to. First, what's your parts and loop order, and what's the exact problem you're asking about?

NEvolution
01-30-2008, 06:53 AM
In a properly built loop, the only place where outside air would suck in is an unfilled res/t-line.

Fujimitsu
01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
If loop sucks air from outside it always leak right?

If it's a sealed loop yes.

If you have it underfilled, a t-line or res could suck in air.. but if you filled it appropriately the only way air could enter the loop is from the outside.

If you're suddenly seeing bubbles it may just be that they were trapped somewhere in your loop however. Some blocks or rads (especially if mounted improperly) will develop a small pocket of air.... slight movement or just eventual buildup of air could "knock" the air loose into the loop.

If there is a ton of air entering the loop then you probably have a leak, but if a few bubbles suddenly appeared and never came back then it was probably just trapped air.

Really need more details.

Saimo
01-31-2008, 03:46 AM
I mean when i turn my computer off, i can hear a sound like it sucks air from somewhere few seconds later. (i have tested with my fingers that nothing have leaked) I am not even sure if the sound comes from my loop.. But just thinking if this curve can affect to that.. http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7959/img0419fi6.jpg

Baleful
01-31-2008, 05:00 AM
Zipties man!!! Or clamps.

oerekum
01-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Tried unscrewing your reservoir cap? Might be some pressure buildup in there because of tiny bubbles still coming out of the loop.

Fujimitsu
01-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Tried unscrewing your reservoir cap? Might be some pressure buildup in there because of tiny bubbles still coming out of the loop.

maybe.

Put a clamp or something on that pump barb.... i'd bet that's your culprit.

Saimo
01-31-2008, 07:32 AM
I have already zipties.. That image is just took before :) Should i be worried about this sound?

Waterlogged
01-31-2008, 11:56 AM

+1 :yepp:

Take the cap off and let the loop run for a while (couple of hours minimum). Make sure fluid level is where you want it and then replace cap, sucking sound should be gone then.