PDA

View Full Version : EK Supreme with MCW30 or D-Tec FuZion with MCW30?

smee
01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm looking to cool just the CPU and NB for now on my rig (I haven't ordered anything yet though).
Which combination would I get better temps with? Supreme and MCW30 or FuZion with MCW30?

Also which combo would I get better flow rate with?

BTW, I may add the GPU to the loop later on.
The GPU will be an 8800GTS or GT.

I will have a Laing D5 Pump, and MCR320 in the loop.
The system spec's (still deciding on the CPU, but it will be a dual core):

Intel Core 2 Duo (65nm for now, then will upgrade to 45nm later)
ASUS P5K-E Wifi
8800GTS or GT (not sure yet)
Crucial Ballistix 2GB 800

Any help would be appreciated!
~Parker

smee
01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
But would I get better temps going with the supreme with a NB block?
I'm not too concerned about restrictiveness because the MCW30 is a free flowing block without fins on it, so it's almost as if the NB block isn't there.
If you know what I mean?

I just concerned about temps. I've heard that for CPU only loops go with the Supreme. And multi block loops go with the Dtec.

Xilikon
01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
So far, there is no definitive data on the EK Supreme to claim it as the winner yet. At most, it's a toss up between the two ;)

smee
01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
So far, there is no definitive data on the EK Supreme to claim it as the winner yet. At most, it's a toss up between the two ;)

Lol, ok.
I'll probably go with the Fuzion since it's cheaper at petra's anyway :)

Nate P.
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Yep, the D-Tek is very good. The Fuzion and THIS (http://www.petrastechshop.com/dadenma4chwa.html) block for the NB looks like a great combo.

boar_d_laze
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Unless you're looking at max-OC -- which you're not, because you care something about longevity and because you're using regular LC anyway -- there's not enough performance difference between the two CPU blocks to really power your choice. A couple of degrees C at the CPU, max.

As to which works better in a loop with an MCW-30, as long as you've got enough radiator/fan, the "downstream" effect of one block on the other is entirely a function of system flow. But as long as flow is above 1 gpm, we're talking tenths of a degree C. Again, not enough of difference to matter.

I dunno. So, which do you think looks better?

BDL

smee
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Yep, the D-Tek is very good. The Fuzion and THIS (http://www.petrastechshop.com/dadenma4chwa.html) block for the NB looks like a great combo.

But I've already got an MCW30. But thanks Nate!

Unless you're looking at max-OC -- which you're not, because you care something about longevity and because you're using regular LC anyway -- there's not enough performance difference between the two CPU blocks to really power your choice. A couple of degrees C at the CPU, max.

As to which works better in a loop with an MCW-30, as long as you've got enough radiator/fan, the "downstream" effect of one block on the other is entirely a function of system flow. But as long as flow is above 1 gpm, we're talking tenths of a degree C. Again, not enough of difference to matter.

I dunno. So, which do you think looks better?

BDL

I am actually looking for max OC.

I like the looks of the supreme better...
I may not watercool the GPU so I dunno.
I think I'll go over to Petra's and see the two blocks and decide...

NaeKuh
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
okey i dont want to spoil this...

But wait until next week to decide.

Lets just say martin is getting a large package from me to play around on with my TEC Chiller. And a couple things include Dual DDC's and a EK Supreme.

But im sending it on friday. And everyone knows how awesome martin is with tests. :T

umm the EK should be dual'd up with pumps just to let you know. It took about 21V on my RD-30 to get really good temps on it.

smee
01-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh don't worry, it'll be another month before I order any wc parts.
Can't wait for the test :)

systemviper
01-29-2008, 05:49 PM
okey i dont want to spoil this...

But wait until next week to decide.

Lets just say martin is getting a large package from me to play around on with my TEC Chiller. And a couple things include Dual DDC's and a EK Supreme.

But im sending it on friday. And everyone knows how awesome martin is with tests. :T

umm the EK should be dual'd up with pumps just to let you know. It took about 21V on my RD-30 to get really good temps on it.

Ahhh, a sneak peek into the future, Your a lucky Xtremest :up: I love the looks of that chiller, Wonder you and martin are coooking up:ROTF:

NaeKuh
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Ahhh, a sneak peek into the future, Your a lucky Xtremest :up: I love the looks of that chiller, Wonder you and martin are coooking up:ROTF:

hmmmm... want a compiled list? lol...

One bling bling would be the alphacool dual DDC top. :yepp: Also why he's getting a PAIR of DDC-3.2 Lets see how dual's really work.

Im also sending him the D-tek DB-1 pump so we can really find out how crappy/good it is.

ummm... and a few other things.. ;)

LOL... guys help me convice him to mess with the accelerators on the EK Supreme i lend him. That way we can bug him some more on producing the best nozzle and get it. :D OOOPS i hope martin doesnt read this... :P