PDA

View Full Version : An appreciation thread, for the ........

Movieman
01-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Guys that are here every day. The quiet guys,the little guys with one or 2 machines that just do the work and never get a word of thanks.
Way too long overdue.
This came to me last night after Sierra and I were talking and he mentioned one guy in particular.
This guy posts once in a while,pretty quiet guy in ways but he's there every day doing his bit to help.Todays the day to say thanks to him and start this thread off right.
Not just me, but all of you guys posting. Tell us about yourselves or anyone here that knows of one of the guys that we need to single out to harass,I mean praise and thank for his help.

Tonight I want to mention StyM..
Just here, does his thing and is solid as a rock.
Wish we had another 1000 like him.
Thanks pal for all you do!:clap:

[XC] hipno650
01-28-2008, 10:33 PM
i agree with Dave! Stym and all of the other guys are a huge part of the team! we would have nothing without you guys.

thanks for your dedication and hard work guys!!

sierra_bound
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Cheers to all of you who've kept at it. Your contributions have not gone unnoticed.

:toast: :toast: :toast:

StyM
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks, Just Trying to Help in anyway I can... :D

Movieman
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks, Just Trying to Help in anyway I can... :D

No, Thank you..Sometimes the "smaller"players in this tend to get overlooked and thats wrong. It is the guys like you that make it work. Thanks pal!:up:

[XC] DragonOrta
01-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Have you guys seen his posts in the Scantily clad thread?

Not such a quiet guy there. :p:

Movieman
01-28-2008, 10:40 PM
DragonOrta;2733599']Have you guys seen his posts in the Scantily clad thread?

Not such a quiet guy there. :p:

Oh Yea. I may be 55 but I ain't dead yet!:up:

sierra_bound
01-28-2008, 10:48 PM
There are many others who deserve recognition. They don't post much in the WCG section. But they contribute every day to the effort - RazzleUltra, schifter, cold_realms, gtj and boatasiaus, just to name a few.

Movieman
01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
There are many others who deserve recognition. They don't post much in the WCG section. But they contribute every day to the effort - RazzleUltra, schifter, cold_realms, gtj and boatasiaus, just to name a few.

Lets name one every day and let these guys know how we feel.
Maybe PM them and link here.:up:

sierra_bound
01-28-2008, 11:18 PM
By the way, each person receiving special recognition in this thread gets to spend a "few hours" with Dave on the phone.:eek: :D

Movieman
01-28-2008, 11:20 PM
By the way, each person receiving special recognition in this thread gets to spend a "few hours" with Dave on the phone.:eek: :D

Yes, I can see it now:
I want OFF OF THAT LIST!:rofl:

Martijn
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM

No way :shocked:

* Goes offline and buys loads of quads

Mekoa
01-29-2008, 02:15 AM

Be an expensive phone call for him if I ever make it lol (which I wont, my Opty fails :<)

64dragon
01-29-2008, 07:46 AM

good thing he doesnt have my number...yet

way to go stym :up:

[XC] hipno650
01-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Lets name one every day and let these guys know how we feel.
Maybe PM them and link here.:up:

i think thats a great idea dave!!!!

but as for the phone thing......not so much. we are trying to credit people here, not torture :D :p:

Movieman
01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
hipno650;2734513']i think thats a great idea dave!!!!

but as for the phone thing......not so much. we are trying to credit people here, not torture :D :p:

Torture huh?
I'll give you torture!:ROTF:

sierra_bound
01-29-2008, 10:47 AM
If I may, I'd like to offer my thanks to another quiet member who's remained dedicated to the cause, [XC] Luckygriff. I believe he's a young guy who lives in Canada (well okay, I checked his profile:D ). Anyway, I just wanted to say I appreciate your quiet dedication. Keep up the good work.
:toast:

[XC] hipno650
01-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Torture huh?
I'll give you torture!:ROTF:

you know im just giving you a hard time:D

i did not know Luckygriff was a fellow Kanuck i would be interest to find out were he is......he could be my neighbor:sofa:

it's nice to see another Canadian and young guy on the team.

Jaco
01-29-2008, 11:39 AM
talking about quiet dedication : Bachus_anonym

I think he never posted in the WCG forums... !

Sparky
01-29-2008, 12:17 PM

:rofl:

[XC] junglemaster
01-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Cheers to all of you who've kept at it. Your contributions have not gone unnoticed.

:toast: :toast: :toast:

That's the thing isn't it...so many who may not post as much as some (like me) but are still kicking on. I often (ok, every time I log into Boinc stats) check out the performers of the day...and there are still a huge number who you rarely see on here, but are continuing to turn in points...any points...ALL points.

So keep it up :up:

Movieman
01-29-2008, 01:16 PM

The threat worked!:devil:

Jaco;2734691']talking about quiet dedication : Bachus_anonym

I think he never posted in the WCG forums... !

I think twice. Good guy and sharper than hell on memory.:up:

SiGfever
01-29-2008, 03:03 PM
A big Thank You from all at XSDC. :clap: :clap:

gtj
01-29-2008, 05:36 PM

Hmmm. Time for a vacation in Nepal, I think. :shocked:

CyrusGNS
01-29-2008, 05:55 PM

Phew...

Glad I manage to get in a post or two every once in a while.

Corsa
01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
..this is sounding like a religion ?

[XC] leviathan18
01-29-2008, 06:03 PM
glad i post everyday so dave doesnt have to call me lol

[XC] junglemaster
01-29-2008, 06:08 PM
..this is sounding like a religion ?

I thought it was???

Movieman
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Hmmm. Time for a vacation in Nepal, I think. :shocked:
My overseas calling plan works there too!:rofl:

Phew...

Glad I manage to get in a post or two every once in a while.

Yea,me too..Just a post every month or so..:p:

CyrusGNS
01-29-2008, 06:23 PM
:rofl:

As for me well this should sum it up pretty well.

Total Posts: 31 (0.06 posts per day)

Of course at least half of those have been in here in the last couple months.

SiGfever
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh come on guys/gals, Dave is not as bad as every single solitary person in this forum says. :shrug: :sofa:

Kayin
01-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey, everyone is tops in my book. Makes me a little less scared every time I get a doctor's report back on my decline to know we're all fighting.

64dragon
01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh come on guys/gals, Dave is not as bad as every single solitary person in this forum says. :shrug: :sofa:

i'll take your word for it...untill Dave sends me a pm asking for my #, disconnects the internet and hides :sofa:

Mekoa
01-30-2008, 05:21 AM

Does it work for Scotland? That mean when you hit #1 in MJ12, and we beat Team Norway, Ill get a 3 hour cheer down the phone? :D

phelan1777
01-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Just use a cell phone:up: :rofl:

My poor battery has never been the same, I think its afraid to hold a charge, it cowers in fear of another "Dave" call.:ROTF:

gtj
01-30-2008, 10:48 AM

You'd need 2 huge tin cans and a VERY long string. :)

XS_Rich
01-30-2008, 11:41 AM

Many thanks! I know I'm fairly quiet when it comes to posting, but I'm on here reading threads morning and evening!

phelan1777
01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
If you keep your head low, then you won't get hit my the many shots tossed back and forth especially with the sheep fur flying and what not.

It gets pretty messy @ times, so yeah laying low is not a bad thing

WrigleyVillain
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
:rofl: :ROTF: :rofl: :ROTF:

[XC] ruane
01-30-2008, 05:06 PM

*Pray I'm not mentioned in this thread :p:*

David_L6
01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I almost hate to mention any names because there are so many that contribute that I don't want to leave out, but don't forget about kiwi (kiwi.fruit in the stats).

Here's to kiwi. :up:

StyM
01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
good going kiwi.. :toast:

road-runner
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Congrats to all the silent contributors... :up:

L0$t Pr0PhEt
01-30-2008, 11:05 PM
:toast:

kodiak kid
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Ok, I am not totally silent here, but I just recently (like, the last 36 hrs or so) have been introduced to all of this stuff. I found XS by searching for WC stuff. I have started a few threads but have gotten few replies :( anyway, I am all about doing my part to better this world...Hell, I work in pharmaceuticals producing insulin for diabetics...so yea...I care :cheers:

123bob
01-30-2008, 11:46 PM
A hearty :toast: to all of you!!:up: :clap:
:party: :rehab: :party:

Nothing is too small, or too large, to bring to the crunching party. Determination, persistance, and perhaps, stubbornness, will lead to cures we can't even imagine today. One thing I love about this addiction we share is that you never know who will crunch the "golden" work units. I don't think a person suddenly free of any of these diseases will care if the solution came from the hottest yorky, or from my faithful P4 northy crunching away as I type this message on it....(It's my bench machine, and I don't mean bench in terms of score, I mean it in terms of my workbench...:D )

To all who rack up even one work unit, once in a while, I salute you. You are doing FAR more than those who simply sit on their hands....

Regards,
Bob

SiGfever
01-31-2008, 04:06 PM

Nothing is too small, or too large, to bring to the crunching party. Determination, persistance, and perhaps, stubbornness, will lead to cures we can't even imagine today. One thing I love about this addiction we share is that you never know who will crunch the "golden" work units. I don't think a person suddenly free of any of these diseases will care if the solution came from the hottest yorky, or from my faithful P4 northy crunching away as I type this message on it....(It's my bench machine, and I don't mean bench in terms of score, I mean it in terms of my workbench...:D )

To all who rack up even one work unit, once in a while, I salute you. You are doing FAR more than those who simply sit on their hands....

Regards,
Bob

Well said! :clap: :clap:

David_L6
01-31-2008, 04:26 PM

Regards,
Bob

Well said! :clap: :clap:

Yes sir it sure was..... Very well said as a matter of fact. :up: