PDA

View Full Version : It's gonna be 2 months soon...

silverphoenix
01-28-2008, 07:06 PM
I Have an RMA for an abit quad GT Ab9 board and it is taking forever... Took a month and multiple phone calls to get the RMA number, and after receiving it, it has been 20 days and nothing.

Date RMA requested : 12/03/07
Date item recieved : 1/08/08 (2-3 days after its approval)
Today : 1/28/08 .....

cmon!!! I sent a corsair RMA request in last Thursday, got approved in less than 1 hour, shipped same day and they are already shipping it back to me!!! Cmon abit your products are great but I must say your support is nonexistent...

Beefy22
02-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm in the same boat... I submitted my request back on 11/28/07!!! I have sent them two emails and still no response whatsoever :mad: .

This is the first time I have had to use Abit RMA, and all I can say is wow :clap:, they most certainly win the award for poorest of poor customer support. I guess I'll have to start calling them on the phone if I want to see anything done about my QuadGT. Truly sad...

Have they always been this bad? Or is this indicative of where they will be headed soon(a la bankruptcy)?

speedfreak86
02-01-2008, 08:14 AM
My experiences are not the same, but similar. They have one person in the RMA dept it seems like and it usually takes trying several times over several hours to get him to answer(probably busy from the fact that he is the only person). They have NEVER responded to an email. However, I have never had a problem once I actually had an RMA number.

dogsx2
02-05-2008, 02:12 AM
I have had to use Abit rma 7 times on two boards. 3 times the board they shipped back was DOA. I would really hesitate on buying another Abit.

gdement
02-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Given the status and recent history of that company, I wouldn't put much value on any warranty or other promises they make. The original ABit went bankrupt a while back, and some new company bought the IP. Until they prove themselves, they don't deserve any more credit from buyers then you'd give to any other unknown, new company. They own the "ABit" brand name, but the company who made that name famous doesn't exist anymore. The new company doesn't even own a factory - their boards are manufactured by Elitegroup.

I have no idea how their business is doing, but it's possible the new company could fail and go bankrupt again. If that happens, they can walk away from whatever they owe you. Understaffed/unresponsive customer support could suggest that they're in trouble.

BTW I don't mean to sound like a basher. Just pointing out that today's "Universal ABit" doesn't really have the track record people might associate with the well-known name.

dekruyter
02-10-2008, 03:44 AM
I got my RMA back fine, and a good board, and actually talked to them on the phone once. But email? Probably too much for them to handle all the emails; I thing it took about 4 weeks all told, including cross ship check.

jimmyz
02-10-2008, 04:24 AM
first off: I am not trying to defend Abit or any other company, but after seeing the way things like this work in the real world, it is not so cut and dry as you all make it sound.

A lot of times these issues are not related to policy or the company screwing people on purpose and more a problem of falling behind.
pretend you have a support staff of 20 techs and a few support people, A new chipset comes out and your company launches 4 models in a short period of time, now all the sudden instead of 60 boards a day coming in you get 80 or 120 a day before long the 1 week turn around just got shoved back. also the previos models are still being sold and rma'd as well.
soon a support staff can get swamped. and of course each new release brings problems other generations never experienced before (such as the pcie dropping to 1x on some boards) when there are no easy fixes the amount of time spent on each board increases and so does the backlog.

KTE
02-11-2008, 03:31 AM
A lot of times these issues are not related to policy or the company screwing people on purpose and more a problem of falling behind.
pretend you have a support staff of 20 techs and a few support people, A new chipset comes out and your company launches 4 models in a short period of time, now all the sudden instead of 60 boards a day coming in you get 80 or 120 a day before long the 1 week turn around just got shoved back. also the previos models are still being sold and rma'd as well.
soon a support staff can get swamped. and of course each new release brings problems other generations never experienced before (such as the pcie dropping to 1x on some boards) when there are no easy fixes the amount of time spent on each board increases and so does the backlog.jimmyz, there is an inherent problem with exactly what you stated though;

Most people realize what you stated but every company faces these dilemma's, most people also know this. RMA by all companies is a speedy replace service, should be no more than 14 days, I get mine in less than 4 days sent-received every time (which I'm always impressed with). Ultimately an RMA should not take long no matter what the situation, think about the customer who pays not who gains the profits, it is not supposed to, or what is the point of it? If a company has problems coping with work loads, not Abit specifically, anyone, then it's not suitable to deal in that capacity and it'll lose favor/customers unless it does something about these major delays and customer support lags as quick as possible. This is the basic way businesses work, their choice if they want to release new items and spend more time on that and not sorting out problems with their products to people who've already paid for them.

My last Abit IP35 Pro was RMA'd 2 months ago and it took 4 days including the day I sent it to get a new one in my hands, so I've not experienced what you guys have.

Origin_Unknown
02-11-2008, 04:00 AM
they only have one chap in the RMA dept? :rofl:

Bobsama
02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
I talked to the operator person to get my problems and RMA filed... they wanted to put me on the phone for 30-60 minutes at a time... waiting. I've not sent it out because I need the PC still... it works fine if I sleep Vista instead of a normal shutdown.

Gunlance
02-11-2008, 07:59 AM
I have had to use Abit rma 7 times on two boards. 3 times the board they shipped back was DOA. I would really hesitate on buying another Abit.

I had a similar experience to you. Powered up board from newegg....DOA. RMA from abit took forever even though i did cross ship and paid through the nose for 2nd day. RMA board = DOA. Pissed off I complain and get another one. DOA again. Through an error I some how received 2 boards. Sent back all boards except my working one. By the time all of this happened I had bought another mobo and didn't have anything to use my quad gt with :rofl: .

If you post on their forums, they are really good with quick and helpful responses there. Maybe try posting in their rma section?