PDA

View Full Version : Worst Support Iīve ever had!!!!!

Patrickclouds
01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
dear g.skill team,

iīd like to inform you about my bad rma experience in germany (europe).

RMA# UR2072180

it all started with my 1gbla (2x512mb ddr600 2,5-4-4-8 2T) that wasnīt able to reach the specs without errors during windows installation. i will show you my e-mail traffic with g.skill support. i only post my emails here and give you the answers from your support in my own words.

first email to rma@gskill.com to get a rma number:
date: 26.11.07 02:50:43

Dear G.Skill Support-Team,

I have some issues with my memory modules. Itīs a DDR1 Kit F1-3200DSU2-1GBLA.
For detailed information please take a look to the RMA-Form I attached to this E-Mail in PDF format.

Yours truly
Patrick

if you take a look at that pdf file, youīll see that i had a lot of work with testing the memory sticks.
i contacted the european support with the received rma number:
date: 28.11.07 15:50:59

Dear .......,

Iīve received a RMA# (UR2072180) from g.skill.com and have been refered to you as my contact person.

Did you get the PDF File with my error description? I attached the file to this e-mail again.
I forgot to mention, that all tests were run with 2,8v. PC-Health from DFI BIOS is reading out 2,84v.
And the TCCD chips used on the memory are 431, one of the earlier production weeks which didnīt like higher voltages.

Nevertheless, I run some more tests with 2,9v. You can also find these tests in the second PDF attached to this e-mail. This time I used Goldmemory and Memtest.

I hope my tests are usefull to make remote diagnostics. If you need some more tests, feel free to ask.

Regards
Patrick

the only answer in the mail from 29.11.07 01:14:16 was, that i should send my memory to the netherlands. but i didnīt get any response to my pdf. so i wasnīt sure, that i selected the right settings. so i wrote another email to be sure, that the timings were correct:
date: 29.11.07 18:06:41

Dear .......,

isnīt it possible to get some information about my error description before sending the memory to you?

I spent so much time with testing the memory sticks and didnīt get a reply that the selected memory timings are right or wrong.
Did I select the right timings with 200 and 300mhz?

Thats really sad to get only those form letters and nobody dwells on my problems.

Sorry, but Iīm really angry.

Regards
Patrick

in the answer email from 03.12.07 15:01:37 i was told, that my settings were correct and that it seems that one module will be defect. as replacement he offered me the 2gbzx, 1gbgh (bh5) and 1gbzx (tccd).
next email:
date: 03.12.07 15:58:37

Dear .......,

thanks for your reply. Iīm going to send you my memory sticks, today.

I would choose the 1GBGH (BH5 Chips) Kit.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Best regards
Patrick

after 20 days without any news i wrote the next email:
date: 22.12.07 13:33:56

Dear ......,

are there any news concerning my memory sticks?

In the meantime I bought a pair of the 1GBFF and they are working fine with the settings of the 1GBLA.
They even run with 2,5-4-4-8 with 1T at 300mhz.

Would it be possible to replace the 1GBLA with a pair of 2gb DDR2 with d9gkx chips?

Best regards
Patrick

over a week has passed and no one has answered. without giving me any information that it is not possible to get the bh5 memory sticks i got the next email on 31.12.07 01:01:05. you wrote that you send me the 2gbzx because itīs not possible anymore to give me the 1gbgh (bh5).

i was really angry what has happened. so i contacted you again:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
date: 31.12.07 04:24:11

You are joking, arenīt you?
Itīs not a clever move that you first send me any sticks (2gbzx) without contacting me, although you agreed to send me the bh5 sticks.
Why didnīt you contact me before sending the replacement? You know that I wouldnīt be satisfied with these memory modules. Iīve told you several times.
In my last email I told you that I bought the best tccd modules in the market, the 1GBFF. And that it would be great to get some ddr2 sticks with good chips.

Iīve paid 300€ for the 1GBLA and I think that I can expect to be satisfied after replacement.
Every manufactor sends better memory modules to the customers if they are not able to replace them with the same sticks.
Only G.Skill thinks, that it is okay to send ddr400 instead of ddr600 sticks.
I had my reasons when I bought the high clock tccd modules and now I should live with only 400 mhz?
I expected more from G.Skill Support when I made the decision to buy G.Skill memory modules.

Please send me an adequate kit of ddr2 modules with d9gmh or d9gkx chips.

Best regards

Patrick :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

the only answer from you was, that the 2gbzx is the replacement kit for my memory.

after a few days i received two packages from gskill. in one was the 2gbzx and in the other one the 2gbhz 6400 ddr2. so i thought, that also gskill comes to the conclusion that i am right with my statements in the email above.

in between i sold my dfi nf4 sli-d and the 2gbzx and bought a new socket 775 system.

but today i got an email from a private email adress that ends up in my spam folder. this email was from the person i had contact all the time. he told me that he has written a further email on 21.01.08. i didnīt receive that one because i didnīt look at it every day.
my spam folder on web.de will automatically be deleted after 1 day.
why dosnīt gskill contact me with the official company email?

he wrote, that the 6400 2gbhz wasnīt mend for me and asked me if i could return the memory to the netherlands.

please reread my email from 31.12.07 04:24:11 and think of it.

if i had known, that the 6400 2gbhz wasnīt for me i would have complained about the support a long time ago.
-i didnt get any response to the 2 pdf files and my questions. the answers were only form letters.
-i didnīt get any status information during the rma time.
-28 days have passed till i got the next email about rma status.
-nobody told me that i couldnīt get the 1gbgh anymore.
-instead you send me the 2gbzx without contacting me.
-is a rma time of 35 days acceptable?
-35 days with defect memory and not able to use my computer. so isnīt it clear that i buy new memory sticks in the meantime. (i bought the gskill 1gbff tccd)

iīm really angry. please go into the merits of the case and comment it.

yours truly
patrick

Moc
01-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, this sounds REALLY bad.
I really don't understand why a employee writes to you from his PRIVATE email-acc! Hope a Gskiill rep will clear this issue !

DaMulta
01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Well in the US they replaced my ram 3 times in a row(They kept dieing)with no problems.

That sounds just bad.

Eldonko
01-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Dont they have a toll free support #? I always call for an RMA and it gets done immediately.

LiViD
01-29-2008, 10:13 PM
I'd say that you may have gotten the run around on this one, however, you are asking things they cannot guarantee. No RAM manufacturer will replace your RAM with something that has the IC's you want. You got what you paid for, and they will replace like-for-like, not better. Providing them with your voltages, timings, and whatever else won't satisfy them. They only care about what the RAM will do in SPD with the spec'd voltages.

Another thing you have to ask yourself is how good are the supply chains between DE and Taiwan? G.Skill is based in Taiwan, not in the U.S. like Crucial or Corsair. RMA times can be lengthened if the place of origin and destination have weak supply chains. God knows I've been down that road with DFI and OCZ, but then again...

The email that you may received might not have been from G.Skill, but from a distributor. Distributors will usually take on the RMA's for the manufacturer to save time and money. I'd check into that one if I were you.

GSKILL TECH
01-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Patrick

i am sorry about this matter.
however, we don't have BH-5 or TCCD anymore.
the best thing we can offer to replace any TCCD and BH-5 are F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX and F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS. (this is what we do in USA, not sure about europe)

i am not the one who handles Europe rma but i will look into your case and see what is going on.

GSKILL USA REP

Patrickclouds
01-30-2008, 10:21 AM
i am not the one who handles Europe rma but i will look into your case and see what is going on.

GSKILL USA REP

thank you verry much.

i send you a pm with the copy of the last mail i received from the private email adress (...@orange.nl). i think that you wonīt find this one under my rma number in the gskill computer system.

if you need more informations feel free to ask.

GSKILL TECH
02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
email me ustech@gskill.com
and i will see what i can do

remember include your XS ID

thanks

systemviper
02-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Gotta love this Forum, getting the job done for the end users!