PDA

View Full Version : Fox News has no clue - Mass Effect

RAW-Raptor22
01-26-2008, 08:18 PM
This is so annoying already. Fox News has again joined the "crusade" against "inappropriate content" in video games over one of the cut scenes in the game Mass Effect. Here's the Dailytech article:

Dailytech Article - http://www.dailytech.com/Fox+News+Recklessly+Misrepresents+Sex+Facts+in+Mas s+Effect/article10455.htm

Electronic Arts calls out Fox News reporting as hitting "a new level of recklessness"

When it comes to reporting, cable news has a certain reputation of sensationalizing its subjects. Perhaps the mantra of the station is to make its news as entertaining as some of its fictional shows on the network.

Mainstream media making a mountain out of molehill about video game is nothing new to me. I rarely care anymore after years of seeing Jack Thompson run his mouth about Rockstar’s games.

I don’t get my news from TV anymore, so I only became aware of this when the gaming community furiously exploded at the gross negligence for the truth as demonstrated by Fox News.

Fox News during one of its evening Live Desk programs aired feature headlined “’SE’XBOX? MICROSOFT: CLAIMS ARE INACCURATE & MISLEADING” which targeted the apparent crimes committed on today’s use through BioWare’s Mass Effect.

More specifically, the television channel positioned game’s brief sexual encounter as some sort of grossly graphic abomination of modern day morality in a “think of the children” tone. Problem is, Fox News gets it all wrong. While I don’t expect all audiences to understand what an RPG is, let alone Mass Effect, Fox News appears so clueless that its staff isn’t even aware that ESRB game ratings also appear on the front of the game box.

Radio talk show host and author Cooper Lawrence was called on by Fox News to give her take on the outrageously damaging effects that games such as Mass Effect have on the world. Of course, she has never played Mass Effect. Long-time video game media member Geoff Keighley tries his best to provide calm and sensible rebuttals, but Fox News appears uninterested in his logic and instead turns it over to a panel that continues to comment on the horrors of Mass Effect.

I could go on and on about the inaccuracies presented by Fox News that night, but it’s probably easiest if you just viewed the video clip here.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/163925.html

AngryArtichoke
01-26-2008, 08:23 PM
obviously they have nothing consequential to talk about.

Swatrecon_
01-26-2008, 08:53 PM
wow, you see one butt. big :banana::banana::banana::banana:in deal.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, my dad has FOX News on all day. I either have my headphones or I go upstairs if anything other than Hannity & Colmes is on.

I can't stand O'Rielly at all. No Spin Zone... Right...

Envydia007
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
As if this is not america. nudity is not a big deal I thought.

Gunlance
02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
As if this is not america. nudity is not a big deal I thought.

No no no. Its mass violence and killing thats not a big deal. The human form is nowhere near acceptable in society.

RAW-Raptor22
02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
DragonOrta;2767620']Yeah, my dad has FOX News on all day. I either have my headphones or I go upstairs if anything other than Hannity & Colmes is on.

I can't stand O'Rielly at all. No Spin Zone... Right...

I like Fox News, I am one of those people that can watch it all day long, I just dont get it when they blow this stuff out of proportion. :shrug:

OT: 1 cookie to the one whoever guesses who the man in the "mass stupidity" photo is?

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Raptor22;2767897']OT: 1 cookie to the one whoever guesses who the man in the "mass stupidity" photo is?

Well that would be X-Plays own Adam Sessler :up: Give me cookie :p:

nosbusch2005
02-13-2008, 09:15 AM
When will people realize that if they don't want their kids to come into contact with something like that they are going to have to step up and actually do something besides :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: about it. What makes it the governments job to make sure your kid doesn't play a game that you deem inappropriate. The game is rated M for a reason. I 'm sorry I could rant about this topic all day :)

I did really like her reaction when Geoff Keighley asked her if she had ever played Mass Effect.

RAW-Raptor22
02-13-2008, 10:49 AM
mysticmerlin;2768138']Well that would be X-Plays own Adam Sessler :up: Give me cookie :p:

:up: :up: :up:
X-Play rocks... :)

http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

Fujimitsu
02-13-2008, 11:03 AM
OH MY GOD

FOX NEWS IGNORES SERIOUS NEWS STORIES IN FAVOR OF SENSATIONALIST GARBAGE?

SINCE WHEN?

lol

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Raptor22;2769184']:up: :up: :up:
X-Play rocks... :)

Only thing worth watching on G4 now days :( What the he!! does Cheaters and Cops have to do with tech??
I mean it was like Mtv had videos. Then they had shows all the time so they had to make Mtv2 and now it is all showes too. :shrug: G4 should have left my channel alone :slapass:

RAW-Raptor22
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
mysticmerlin;2769879']Only thing worth watching on G4 now days :( What the he!! does Cheaters and Cops have to do with tech??
I mean it was like Mtv had videos. Then they had shows all the time so they had to make Mtv2 and now it is all showes too. :shrug: G4 should have left my channel alone :slapass:

They arent even about games/tech anymore, they are trying to convert to the "man's" channel, like SpikeTV...:(

MuffinFlavored
02-24-2008, 04:20 PM
OH MY GOD

FOX NEWS IGNORES SERIOUS NEWS STORIES IN FAVOR OF SENSATIONALIST GARBAGE?

SINCE WHEN?

lol

http://www.marcofolio.net/images/stories/fun/imagedump/demotivational_posters/capslock.jpg

k0nsl
02-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm glad I don't saturate my brain with this horsejunk. I don't watch news, and I only watch TV occasionally - there are better things to spend time on than hearing junk and speculation all day long. What a waste of time.

I hear some people actually live infront of their TV, that is pretty sad - but again, they will be dumbed down and "that's how we like 'em folks" as Pressy Bush would say.

stm
02-25-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm glad I don't saturate my brain with this horsejunk. I don't watch news, and I only watch TV occasionally - there are better things to spend time on than hearing junk and speculation all day long. What a waste of time.

I hear some people actually live infront of their TV, that is pretty sad - but again, they will be dumbed down and "that's how we like 'em folks" as Pressy Bush would say.
<3 :)

Linchpin
02-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I lol'd, seriously when will people understand it's just a freakin game? Besides nudity never hurt anybody I know but violence sure does.