PDA

View Full Version : Fan Modifications

makatee
08-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Well, I set up and aircooling rig and I bought some Tornados and a Vantec Fan Controller for them. THe problem is, even with the settings as low as they can go, the Tornados are still over 3500 RPMS. I want my case a lot more quiet than it is now, so I need some input. I dont wanna buy anything new or ditch these fans so what are my options. I have an Antec True Power 430 that has a special hookup for fans that will only give the fans half of the power. Should I hook my Vantec up to that? The only problem with doing that is that my normal fans that are sucking air out of the case normally only run at like 2000 RPM and probably dont have great CFM already so they wouldnt push much out. Also, I read somewehre that you can take the wires on the Tornados and modify them so that they dont use as much voltage and that could help, but i cant find where i read that at. I googled it, but no luck. Help me out guys! This noise is killing me

makatee
08-15-2003, 07:02 PM
anyone??? Im dieing of noise!

TheDude
08-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Sounds like you are talking about the 7 volt fan mod?
try here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16816&highlight=modding+fans

Scroll down to post by Major Slaughter :D

saaya
08-15-2003, 07:39 PM
try to power them with the 5v lines from your psu...