PDA

View Full Version : First KT400 Mobo

Bulldog
07-14-2002, 03:44 AM
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP KT400 Board Spotted -
Looks like the next wave of VIA chipsets is getting ready to hit the market. Here is a pic of the upcoming Gigabyte KT400 board:

As for the constitution of GA-7VAXP South Bridge " VT8235 " of KT400 and USB2.0 controller built-in. It is the tip/chip set to which support of thing and the AGP 8x which guarantee the bandwidth of the 533MB/ second when the bus " V-Link " which ties both reaches former time and the PC3200 (the DDR400) correspondence et cetera are observed. The board " the P " type turn product of the Gigabyte to seem has become one item of functional ƒeƒ“ƒR quantity, in Gigabyte individual BIOS protective mechanism " DualcBios " it starts, the IEEE1394 controller of the VIA make, the IDE RAID controller of the Promise make and the network controller of the Realtek make, the Gigabyte, sound tip/chip of the Creative make every one which adapts has lined up on the board. 3 DIMM slots the PC3200 (the DDR400) are correspondence. According to the Japanese giga * byte, you say from August first third it is the schedule which lines up into the shop front in the middle.

Translated.

Source: Akiba - More Information

dmitriyaz
07-14-2002, 01:14 PM
cool.
but actually its not the first.
MSI was the first, and they (MSI) explained it in detail and showed photos,
the funny thing is: it was about a month ago.
back then i thought that the kt400 is upon us, and nyeh.
but now you can clearly see that its coming :toast:

sysfailur
07-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Actually dmitriyaz... MSI was not the first.
The funny thing is, back at computex, there were about 6 or 7 KT400 boards on display all the same time.

Also, back then, the release date was supposedly the end of June... but obviously that didn't happen.

dmitriyaz
07-14-2002, 03:04 PM
i read that article @ www.msi.com.tw way before computex,
and they actually said that was the exact board that will enter production. that sets it apart from other kt400 shown. but maybe it wasn't the first. who cares?
sys, i visited you site, its still not there :( whats up with that?

shadow74205
07-16-2002, 11:49 AM
I don't give a flying f**k who announces their best product first. I do , however, care who has it available first.

LBJGH
07-16-2002, 12:50 PM
I just ordered a 8k3a+ so I guess I'll miss out on the 'Guinea Pig' KT400 rev.1.00 motherboards. I'm hoping by fluke I'll get the new southbridge on my 8k3a+ :)

sysfailur
07-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
i read that article @ www.msi.com.tw way before computex,
and they actually said that was the exact board that will enter production. that sets it apart from other kt400 shown. but maybe it wasn't the first. who cares?
sys, i visited you site, its still not there :( whats up with that?

It's still not there? What is! Refresh the page maybe :P

dmitriyaz
07-17-2002, 08:50 PM
oh yeah, it there now :toast:
this may sound a little intrusive, but how many did you sell already?

sysfailur
07-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Heh, that's ok. I've sold around 10 so far. Mixed GF3 and GF4. And oddly enough they're all out-of-USA :P I'm planning on sending a set of GF4 plates to Steve @ hardocp, and that should get me some sales ;) I think I just need to get the word out more or something.

dmitriyaz
07-17-2002, 10:47 PM
i am too freaking broke to buy one,
but i gotta say i really admire you for what your doing,
keep on and you might become rich :banana:

scrllock
07-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Uh, well if it comes with a free geforce3/4 ill buy one. :D
Plus, the first ones tend to be not as good. However, the 8K5A5+ looks to be a winner. I think Ill wait for nForce2 though.