PDA

View Full Version : Good OC? How do I get more?

DBurton
07-13-2002, 11:07 PM
First I'd like to say that this is my first post at XtremeSystems, but I'm already beginning to like the place. I've been reading posts all day and finally decided to post myself. :)

Anyway, down to business:
I've got a 1.3GHz P4 on an Asus P4T (that's right, the slowest P4 ever made, everyone laugh at me :p ). It'll be gone come Christmas, but I'd like to get the best from it while I still have it. The fastest I can get it to run 3dmark at is 1846MHz(142x13). The thing is, I know it can go higher since it's still at stock voltage. The problem lies in the fact that I can't change the vcore unless I adjust the settings in the BIOS, but if I do that I can only go to 133fsb. I've read about the "wire trick", but the only info I can find is for the socket-478 chips. So my question is, can I use a "wire trick" on my socket-423 chip, and if so, where is it documented?

Also, I'm gessing that it would help to remove these two 64MB PC600 sticks of RAM? They've been in here since I built the system and (for some reason) I've left them in here with my newer PC800 sticks.

Thanks in advance,
DBurton :)

dmitriyaz
07-14-2002, 12:14 AM
welcome to da Xtreme :banana:
first of all, i am not gonna laugh at yuo for having that piece of sh|t inside you case,
but i strongly suggest you replace it NOW.
if you dont have the money, sell all that on Ebay,
and get yourself kx7 mobo for $100, xp1600+ for $70, and samsung DDR for $60, and you'll be MUCH better off.
but for now, definetly remove those pc600 sticks, they are the holding you down bigtime.

dmitriyaz
07-14-2002, 12:16 AM
oh, and i found the linkage to the volt mod guide for ya here:
http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/p4mod/
good luck :banana:

DBurton
07-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Thanks fot the reply, it's pretty much what I expected. I'm still interested in more voltage though for the time being, and I'll remove that PC600 first thing tomorrow.

I can't replace anything now because I'm flat broke(well, I have money, but not to spend on computer things :(), but rest assured that I'm getting rid of this thing as soon as I can afford it. :)

Anyway, thanks again,
DBurton :)

Just saw your 2nd reply. Thank you!

JBELL
07-14-2002, 05:31 AM
Welcome to the sickness

dmitriyaz
07-14-2002, 12:43 PM
no problem :)

and JBELL, why do you always tell everyone "welcome to the sickness"??:stick: :)