PDA

View Full Version : prepare to scratch your heads

Grafton
01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
or maybe not depends if some *know* the answer to my question:
My crunching rig have gotton along for about the last 6 months and after i went dual monitor i have found and interesting issue with bonic, when ever i am around my pc and a wu is about to finish in say the next 10mins or something like that i through up the graphics to watch it finish ( boinc pron lol ) how ever the little window it pops up with will only display anything on my secondary monitor, on my primary monitor its just a black filled window. any thoughts?

STEvil
01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
The graphics might use overlays, they break display across multiple monitors sometimes... and disable screenshots in windows media player for example.

Martijn
01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I have no problem watching graphics on my secondary or tertiary screen here :confused:

brot
01-19-2008, 03:12 AM
That has been an issue in the time i used windows, too. if i dragged a playing video from screen 1 to screen 2 either the video would stop or the player killed itself. So maybe it has something todo with overlays.

Grafton
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
nah i can drag windows that are playing media in them without problem its only the graphincs windows from boinc

twilyth
01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't know about boinc screensaver, but windows screen saver is split between monitors on mine - nvidia 7xxx chipset. I only have one setup that's dual monitor so can't test on something else. But I have another problem with this video card too so I might not be a good example. The second monitor is a tv - 16:9. Playing almost all video formats works flawlessly - except Markov mkv files. It doesn't preserve the aspect ratio but is stretched to fill the screen. Don't know if that relates to this problem, but I thought I'd throw it out there.