PDA

View Full Version : Advice on 1st WC System

kberguy1
01-14-2008, 06:25 PM
I am planning on water cooling a Silverstone TJ-09 case, and have assembled a list of components to purchase. My system is a compromise between performance and silence, as I have to live with my PC in the main bedroom.

The case I own has issues with radiator and fan clearance, and limits me to a combined depth of 65mm. Therefore, my plan is to use a thin 2 x 120 mm radiator in the top of the case to cool the CPU and chipsets on my motherboard. Later on, I may add a 2nd loop 2 x 120 mm radiator via a Swiftech Radbox to cool my video card.

Anyway, I have an Intel E8500 processor on order, and already have an Enzotech SCW-1 Sapphire CPU water block and dual Enzotech SNBW-SLI
Northbridge coolers.

I plan to use a HW Labs Black Ice GT Stealth 240 radiator because of its thinness, and already have a pair of Scythe SFF-21F fans to cool it.

I am planning to order a Laing DDC-3.2 water pump, and will add a Petra`s Tech top to that for improved performance.

I am also planning on using Masterkleer 7/16 ID tubing throughout, with D-Tek corrosion inhibitor and Petra`s Tech Biocide mixed with distilled water.

I am looking at ordering an Alphacool Repack Reservoir to finish things off, but know little about the device other than it fits in a regular floppy bay.

I have a couple of concerns:
Is the Black Ice Stealth radiator a better choice than a Swiftech MCR220QP

Will the Alphacool reservoir with its 40 ml capacity adequately support the system, or should I go with something else, like a Swiftech Micro-res with its baffling or an EK-Res 250 Rev.2 with its 250 ml capacity

The only things that can`t be changed are the pieces I already have, so feedback on pump, reservoir, and radiator choices would be greatly appreciated.