PDA

View Full Version : Mac Book Black & XP?

Pete
01-14-2008, 03:51 AM
I can get one of these cheap, i love the look and feel just hate MAC OSX so can it be that i can just install XP on via BIOS like i do for a PC or have i got to do loads of other stuff?

DShankar
01-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Get Mac Book (Black) for cheap, download Boot Camp, install Windows XP (you provide). You can configure how much of your hard drive space is allocated for XP/Mac.

Pete
01-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Get Mac Book (Black) for cheap, download Boot Camp, install Windows XP (you provide). You can configure how much of your hard drive space is allocated for XP/Mac.

Ah so i have to run something else then to make it work, thats sucks. No way i can go the direct root of getting xp on there only

gr8golf
01-15-2008, 08:23 AM
The Boot Camp option is actually very cool. You might be able to just install XP directly on the drive, as you can boot Windows straight from the disk without running it in a virtual environment like VMWare Fusion or Parallels. Keep looking around for confirmation - I think this will work.

BTW - there may be a refresh in the MacBook lines this week from Apple. Wait till MacWorld San Fran is over and then buy.

smee
01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Ah so i have to run something else then to make it work, thats sucks. No way i can go the direct root of getting xp on there only

There is a program called Bootcamp which comes with your macbook when you buy it. It helps you install windows (XP or Vista) on your macbook and run it.
It's like dual boot on a PC.
Bootcamp is a lot easier than trying to run XP only.

Pete
01-16-2008, 03:11 AM
I bought the Mac Book Black £200

I installed my XP SP2 2005 build

Got it online and all updated and using it like any other nromal pc laptop.

Works perfectly fine, nice and fast. Best investment yet and what a steal.

Bootcamp works perfectly. Thanks guys

Knight
01-16-2008, 08:40 AM

Glad to hear of your success. :up: You just helped me out as well. :)

Jamesrt2004
01-29-2008, 12:28 PM

£200!!!!!

I wish i was you :O