PDA

View Full Version : Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 bios bugs

jogshy
01-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I dowloaded the latest BIOS 16. Some bugs still remain:

1. There is a CPU core voltage bug. I changed the CPU vcore to 1.425v. Then saved BIOS settings and shutdowned the computer. I came back in 5 minutes, switched on the computer... entered the BIOS... and the current CPU vcore voltage was set at 1.325v ! Got EIST, C1E, Thermal Control, Power management, etc disabled... and the CMOS battery is ok. Is neither the vdroop ( with vdroop vcore stays at 1.40v with 1.425v in bios... not 1.325v which is the default auto voltage ). It seems the vcore resets automatically into the lowest value for some reason.

2. Sometimes the memory TREF displays 3:us instead of 3.9us. I suspect it does not only display that bad... also sets an incorrect TREF value because when I see this to happen produces some BSoDs. Tryed with different memories ( my ocz and also some D9GMH Kingston ) with the same results.

3. Cannot use a FSB in range (801,1332). The motherboard only boots with FSB 800 or >=1333 (quadpumped values). With my E2140 I should be able to boot at FSB 850, shouldn't I?

I'm using Abit FP-IN9, Intel E2140, OCZ Spec Ops Urban Elite 4-4-3 800Mhz PC6400 and Valeo Smart 560 PSU.

Also got some suggestions for the BIOS:

1. Why is typematic rate disabled? I would like to specify a manual value... I feel the default one is too slow.

2. Could you increase a bit the voltages pls ( specially the NB one )?

3. Bios profiles please... I have to re-enter manually the 2000 settings each time my computer hangs badly. I know the 680i has them... but I can see other motherboards in the FP9 price range that give 2 profiles.

4. Could you add some kind of function to restore the previous settings when you enter a bad configuration? For example... Asus displays the "Overclocking failed" message and then load the previous good-known settings automatically. With the FP-IN9 I need to clear cmos and re-enter all my BIOS settings... which is a pain.

5. Can you add a TWR 1 option pls?

6. Can you set better the unlinked divisors for the memory pls? The other day I was putting the memory to 900 from 850... but the next unlinked step was ... 990!

7. Can you modify the bios to enter values directly using the keyboard instead of displaying a drop-down menu pls? For example... The TRFC I use is 50... and takes almost 10 seconds to move the cursor there... I would like to write the value directly with the keyboard ...50.

thx

carhead22000
02-09-2008, 02:34 PM
hey got the same board,you prob flashed it wrong.abit now has the 1.6 patch on there site.go get it.make a bootable floppy.then slow up and read!!!reboot and follow directions carefully.i bet your missing the part wher you remove two files on the floppy be4 you typr runme.bat.do this then when its done it will beep and say press f1 and pull power corddo the jumper thing. restart.done.hope this helps.just trying now to get gskill ram working in it!!!!!!wat a pain in the ass motherboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i,m on my second cpu!!!qx9650!!!!so its like 6 weeks on working on this ...........ing board.man i,m getting sick of giving it the bennifit of doubt.:mad: