PDA

View Full Version : Stop: C000221 Unknown Hard Error

Scott
08-10-2003, 01:35 AM
hi All

I've just installed the prometeia Cooling system in my computer, came to boot up and it wouldnt.. said the windows installation was corrupt.. So i tried to reinstall Windows, and i get the above error :(

Searched on google and most of the results are in forigen language, but mention formatting it in Fat32.

Anyone else come across this??

Scott

TheDude
08-10-2003, 04:44 AM
Not sure about this one, but check in your bios to see that it sees and has detected your hard drive correctly. Try clearing the CMOS and do a reboot..sorry, that's all I've got.

Scott
08-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Hiya

Tried clearing the CMOS a few times, and did try 3 different hard drives, a SATA and 2 WD SE's still the same problem.

I then decided that id remove all the Prommie stuff, and fired it up, went to install windows fine.

So no idea what i did wrong :(

TheDude
08-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Make sure you have the prommie on it's own seperate power line...that might have been it.

Scott
08-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Cos im using the P4P motherboard, that doesnt hold the reset signal. I bought an old AT power supply, that just powers the prommie.

So i turn that on, wait til it gets to -33 and then turned the computer on. So should be ok power wise...