PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Problem...

DisposableHero
07-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Ok to power my pelt i have the swifty psu... now one thing ive noticed is that the wires that go to the pelt get EXTREMELY hot!

now i changed the wires coming from psu to pelt wires from some cheap radioshack ones to the ones in the black psu cable going from wall to reg psu.. now even that black thing is getting really hot and melting...

also with changing these wires my water temps of dropped 4 C which indicates to me that the pelt isnt getting as powerd as it was before...

wth is going on here?

and what wires do you guys used to power ur pelts

JBELL
07-13-2002, 01:00 PM
sounds like your choking out on the wire guage

try a 10 guage wire to feed from psu to pelt

DisposableHero
07-13-2002, 09:32 PM
woah got a 12 gauge and it decreased temps! :banana: wow.. ive been handicaped by cheapass wire for months

JBELL
07-13-2002, 09:58 PM
hmmm maybe some 4 guage is in order? LMAO

yeah the bigger the wire the lower the restriction - think in terms of highway you can get more traffic on the bigger cable without the clogging and build up

plus better surface area for cooling if needed

sysfailur
07-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
hmmm maybe some 4 guage is in order? LMAO

yeah the bigger the wire the lower the restriction - think in terms of highway you can get more traffic on the bigger cable without the clogging and build up

plus better surface area for cooling if needed

Yeah I can tell you my wires on my PSU get VERY hot when a pelt is on them, and even hotter when 2 85w are on the same strand.