PDA

View Full Version : Leak Testing Problem HELP

pikkashoe
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Well I have my loop already to be tested.

This evening I set it all up, and pulled out the OCZ gamestream psu. Shorted the green wire with the black (any one) to run the psu with out being hooked to the mobo.

Im running a laing ddc 3.2 pump, but everytime I plug the pump in, the psu turns off. Need some help here!! Thanks in advance.

pikkashoe
01-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Well I hooked up a couple fans and they work fine, so it looks like its a problem related to the pump.

Anyway to check at this point if the pump is defective. It turns on for a split second, actually about 2 seconds, then turns off and trips the power supply.

pikkashoe
01-10-2008, 06:09 PM
There are two sets of wires coming from the Pump, one two pin wire for the power and another single blue wire, do i need to plug that in maybe to make it work, i doubt it because I think thats just the speed sensor wire? Anyone???

tet5uo
01-10-2008, 06:39 PM
It's nothing to worry about.

Connect a hard drive or something to the PSU as well, the pump only runs off the 12v and the PSU needs some load on the 5v to start up.

spinelli
01-10-2008, 06:52 PM
It's nothing to worry about.

Connect a hard drive or something to the PSU as well, the pump only runs off the 12v and the PSU needs some load on the 5v to start up.

^^what he said.

pikkashoe
01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah I figured it out before you guys posted, but yeah I connected the two hard drives, and it worked beautifully. Thanks guys.

Now to leave it running, this is scarry stuff.

Nate P.
01-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Now to leave it running, this is scarry stuff.
Don't worry man! The board is off so if there is a leak no harm done!

Waterlogged
01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I've never needed a load on any of the PSU's I've used over the years for any of the performance testing or leak testing I've done. As long as the stuff was hooked up to the PSU before it got power, everything was just fine. Sounds like that OCZ might have a problem...either that or your trying to start the pump after the PSU has power, which isn't wise.

tet5uo
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
It's normal for these PSU's...