PDA

View Full Version : In rare pre-MacWorld move, Apple unveils fastest-ever Macs

JAWS
01-08-2008, 10:21 AM
January 08, 2008 (Computerworld) -- A week before MacWorld San Francisco -- the trade show where it usually trots out new headline-grabbing hardware -- Apple Inc. today unveiled a retooled Mac Pro desktop machine and a new Xserve server, calling them the fastest Macintoshes ever.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyId=12&articleId=9056240&intsrc=hm_topic

WrigleyVillain
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah all 8 core standard now though you can get a single cpu config. Excited to get a few of these at work. Crunch crunch crunch.

lowfat
01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
wow, definitely different for them. Maybe that just had too much stuff to unveil @ MacWorld :p:

gr8golf
01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
wow, definitely different for them. Maybe that just had too much stuff to unveil @ MacWorld :p:

Actually - I hope this is true! I'd like to see the rumored thin MacBook and hopefully an updated MacBook Pro (Penryn).

lowfat
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Actually - I hope this is true! I'd like to see the rumored thin MacBook and hopefully an updated MacBook Pro (Penryn).

What I'd truely want is a mid-range desktop without a screen :cool: don't think it is going to happen though :(

Deux
01-08-2008, 06:52 PM
If there is a penryn thin laptop of some kind I will be all over it. Also, can't wait to play with the octo 3.2 GHz Mac pro my friend is buying.

lowfat
01-08-2008, 07:57 PM
If there is a penryn thin laptop of some kind I will be all over it. Also, can't wait to play with the octo 3.2 GHz Mac pro my friend is buying.

I'd be down for a nice small notebook too, but only if it doesn't have intel graphics :(

Pressure
01-09-2008, 07:47 AM
It is released now as it simply isn't something earthshattering. It it just a simple update to include the newest processors and chipsets.

MacWorld has something more interesting coming for the portable peeps and entirely new ;)

In other news; just ordered base model with Geforce 8800GT :D

gr8golf
01-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I'd be down for a nice small notebook too, but only if it doesn't have intel graphics :(

Seems like all the MacBooks / Pros are using Nvidia graphics lately.

Pressure
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Seems like all the MacBooks / Pros are using Nvidia graphics lately.

All MacBooks are Intel based.

Three iterations of the MacBook Pro used a Mobility X1600 before and now the Geforce 8600M GT.

All iMacs are ATI (ok ok, AMD) cards now.

iandh
01-09-2008, 09:22 PM
My coworker is a big Apple guy, we just got a dual dual-core xeon at work for our new server and now he is all ticked off because last week we couldn't get the boss to spring for dual quad... :D

Pressure
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
My coworker is a big Apple guy, we just got a dual dual-core xeon at work for our new server and now he is all ticked off because last week we couldn't get the boss to spring for dual quad... :D

If it is within a 14 day periode you can give Apple a call and get the new model or a refund.