PDA

View Full Version : sorry about this...

rashio
08-08-2003, 03:44 PM
hi,
could i ask 1 question?
i have just got my new pc and installed xp pro on it but when i try to install my internet it closes the window and does not let me do it.

so i am going to get rid of xp pro and install ME or 2000 but i dont know how to uninstall xp pro and put ME or 2000 on?

i want to format my pc so how do i do it with xp pro?

thanks

rashio
08-08-2003, 04:33 PM
hi,
i want to get rid of XP pro on my pc but i dont know how to do it?
i installed xp pro on a clean harddrive so where are no other OS's underneath, so how to i get rid of XP?
i think i will have to format my pc to do it and i am not bothered about that but the problem is i dont know h0ow to format XP?

sorry about posting this in this section but know 1 was replying to me in the OS room.
i need a quick reply becuase i got to get my pc sorted by tomorrow so could some1 please help me quick?

thanks

Hardass
08-08-2003, 04:37 PM
You posted in the other section less then a hour ago you have to give us a little time!:) You will have to format the hdd to get rid of xp but I think you already knew that! This will be merged with first post.

rashio
08-08-2003, 04:41 PM
i am really sorry about posting in this section it is just i really need some help quickly.
i know will have to format my pc but i done know how to?
i know hopw to format 98se or ME but i dont know how to on XP?

please coudl some 1 tell me how to create a startup disk or what ever i need to get in to XP pro bios? from there i know what i am doing.

once again i am sorry Hardass

Hardass
08-08-2003, 04:44 PM
You need to explain what you mean by format xp. If you want to change operating systems it is best to format the drive. To do that you will need a program such as partition magic to erase the hdd and format it for new os.

rashio
08-08-2003, 04:47 PM
sorry yes i want to erase XP from my hdd so where do i get "partition magic" from? and is it easy?

thank you for your help

Hardass
08-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Do a search use google. Most sites have a evaluation version you can try for free. You can also wait and see if any of our other members have other suggestions for you.

rashio
08-08-2003, 04:55 PM
thank you Hardass i will do a search now
:D

Hardass
08-08-2003, 04:55 PM
You are welcome!:)

CCW
08-08-2003, 11:25 PM
A DOS bootdisk has an option to delete non-FAT32 partitions. One of these should be easy to get hold of, a friend may be able to make you one?

Also, you will be able to use it for as long as you need whereas partitiion magic will only as Hardass says be evaluation.

Craig