PDA

View Full Version : Did I brick-it!? *Head*Bangs*Wall*

Greenberg
01-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Hey guys I got a iPhone from Miami recently brought it over to my country. So I started to play with it trying to unlock it got instructions from sites and YouTube. Downloaded all sort of unlock programs from Torrent sites.

So I ran iBrickr 0.91 tried to flash it to 1.02 as instructed to do so in iBrickr... It failed to do so.

I tried the recovery mode in iBrickr now it runs this command line on my iTunes and refuses to let it charge or a way out of the running command line... neither iTunes or IBrickr see the phone...

This is what iBrickr reports iTunes just stay quite as if I didnt even connect the phone....
ex_findphone
s_iBrickr version: 0.91
s_iPhoneInterface
s_Waiting for phone
ex_findphone
e_No iPhone detected

foodfightr
01-06-2008, 03:57 AM
Hey guys I got a iPhone from Miami recently brought it over to my country. So I started to play with it trying to unlock it got instructions from sites and YouTube. Downloaded all sort of unlock programs from Torrent sites.

So I ran iBrickr 0.91 tried to flash it to 1.02 as instructed to do so in iBrickr... It failed to do so.

I tried the recovery mode in iBrickr now it runs this command line on my iTunes and refuses to let it charge or a way out of the running command line... neither iTunes or IBrickr see the phone...

This is what iBrickr reports iTunes just stay quite as if I didnt even connect the phone....
ex_findphone
s_iBrickr version: 0.91
s_iPhoneInterface
s_Waiting for phone
ex_findphone
e_No iPhone detected

Unless you "UNLOCK" your phone for use with other carriers, you don't really run the risk of bricking. Typically you can just restore using iTunes, but I'm not sure how to solve your problem of getting iTunes to recognize the phone is plugged in.

Greenberg
01-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Now all I have to do is figure out how to stop this script running on the phone... :rolleyes:

Just runs the script, stops and then restarts the phone...... :shakes:

CowGuy
01-06-2008, 11:00 AM
If you ever do restore your iPhone, try www.jailbreakme.com Did it with my friends iPhone and it was pretty simple. The only part that took me a bit was downgrading to 1.1.1.

ugp
01-06-2008, 06:09 PM
This is exactly why I do not mess with my iPhone. I paid too much money to go screwing around with it to only have to buy a new one. The phone is perfectly fine the way it is to me. I am waiting for the new firmware upgrade to released new features that are well overdue.

MuffinFlavored
01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I tried this with my iPod Touch.
It wasn't rewarding enough for me.
Sometimes I wish I had solitaire, but other than that, I do not find myself wanting to playing 6000 games on my iPod touch.

They offer MANY applications, and more is growing every day.

I read that 1.1.3 will offer menu icon reordering, GPS via cell phone triangulation (for iPhones), and other nice features.

Rmrdr13
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Now all I have to do is figure out how to stop this script running on the phone... :rolleyes:

Just runs the script, stops and then restarts the phone...... :shakes:

Same thing happened to me when i tried to unlock it unsuccesfully (i got eventually)

hold the home and lock buttons down at the same time until it says connect to itunes and it should work. If not, pm me and I can try to help you the best i can.

Apokalipse
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
This is exactly why I do not mess with my iPhone. I paid too much money to go screwing around with it to only have to buy a new one. The phone is perfectly fine the way it is to me. I am waiting for the new firmware upgrade to released new features that are well overdue.come on mate, you do know this is xtremesystems.org right?

MuffinFlavored
01-31-2008, 09:17 PM
come on mate, you do know this is xtremesystems.org right?

I read 1.1.3 unbricks previously bricked phones.

Did you try upgrading to 1.1.3?