PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4 (PC)

STEvil
01-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Score based on price payed.

Final $15/$57 (Walmart Lethbridge Alberta)

CliffsNotes:

I'm a jaded gamer. Its not because i've played it all, but rather because gaming has become montonous. Its always kill this guy, do quest x, follow plotline c, or circlestrafe while bunnyhopping. Did CoD 4 bring anything new to the table? Not really.

Installation:

As quick and painless as can be expected these days I guess. Nothing of particular note other thank punkbuster. It sucks, what else can you say?

You dont need the CD to play, thats nice.

System Used for testing:

Windows XP 64-bit
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ @ 2.64ghz
DFI CFX3200-DR
ATi Radeon X1950XTX @ 730/1026
Gateway FPD2185W
4x512MB OCZ PC4800 Plat Ltd Ed rev 1.1 @ 220mhz 2-3-3-11-2T
OCZ 600w Powerstream
WD 120GB IDE HDD
BenQ DW822A DVD+-RW

Game Setup:

Menu's are decent although you cant adjust mouse speed when you're within a game (I didnt look up console commands oh well).

Performance:

At the native resolution of my monitor (1680x1050) with all settings maxed out except shadows and no FSAA the game runs pretty good.

Pros:
Airstrikes, Helicopters, Radar.. they're actually kind of neat

Cons:
Lack of maps, weapon upgrades dont really help... and just really really repetative. More repetative than quake 3 if thats possible.

Final Thoughts:

There's not really a lot that I can say about Call of Duty 4. Its not spectacular in any way and doesnt suck in every way.. its just really boring after about 15 hours of play.

railmeat
01-05-2008, 08:01 PM
my buddys have q6600 at 3.6 and qx9650 @ 4.2ghz and cod4 ultilizes all 4 cores bout 30-%40 on hi-med on 8800gt,s in each rig pushing 1600x1200(50-60 fps)easily .the game is taxing and looks utterly spectacular on a beast pc(i was blown away).im gonna grab it i think,im a ex-bf2 player and gameplay looks good in cod4 overall.plus my pc(specs in sig)will own it i think without even trying.

WeStSiDePLaYa
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
The game is awesome. The storyline is very well done, the AI is actually pretty smart, and it looks fantastic.

The is only a dozen or so multiplayer maps right now, but thats pretty common.

And if you think the weapon upgrades and perks are no good, then your no good at multiplayer.

[cTx] Nooc
01-05-2008, 11:10 PM
CoD 4 multiplayer is amazing, ranks, perks and weapon upgrades get addicting.

DTU_XaVier
01-06-2008, 08:18 AM
The game is awesome. The storyline is very well done, the AI is actually pretty smart, and it looks fantastic.

In what concievable way is the AI "smart"? They constantly run the same routes, they stand in the same spots, they have a "throw-grenade" built-in TIMER, they stand in the middle of nowhere, and they don't stop coming until you get to a certain point on the map...
There is no AI in COD4, only scripts which don't factor your character into the equation...

Best Regards :toast:

railmeat
01-06-2008, 09:04 AM
In what concievable way is the AI "smart"? They constantly run the same routes, they stand in the same spots, they have a "throw-grenade" built-in TIMER, they stand in the middle of nowhere, and they don't stop coming until you get to a certain point on the map...
There is no AI in COD4, only scripts which don't factor your character into the equation...

"In what concievable way is the AI "smart"? "

hardcore gamers buy these games for the multiplayer,i mean i couldnt really tell ya how bf2 or quake4 singleplayer is after 30sec....right to the mp!!!!HUGE servers full of REAL maniacs lke me wanting to kill someone...lol ai.:ROTF:

systemviper
01-06-2008, 09:10 AM

hardcore gamers buy these games for the multiplayer,i mean i couldnt really tell ya how bf2 or quake4 singleplayer is after 30sec....right to the mp!!!!HUGE servers full of REAL maniacs lke me wanting to kill someone...lol ai.:ROTF:

Now your talking, why watch the soaps when you can go outside and play with your friends...

Brian MP5T
01-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Subs

ownage
01-06-2008, 09:51 AM
You need to play this game on a big screen. I first played this game on a 32inch, and it was awesome. Later at home i played it on my 20 inch, and it sucked, while it was so awesome on a 32inch, so i decided to play COD4 on my 40inch, and it was great. Some missions like where the nuke explodes and you go down with the helicopter, needs to be played on a big screen, otherwise its not that spectacular.

man_bear_pig
01-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Nooc;2679045']CoD 4 multiplayer is amazing, ranks, perks and weapon upgrades get addicting.

+1 The MP is the best out right now.

Cooper
01-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Totaly disagree with the conclusion here. I completed this game several times. And enjoyed it 110% every time I played.
repetative? one moment you are in Asia with your fellow mates busting the hell out of terrorists, then you are flying the chopper with a machingun, then you are covering friendlies from the air with several guns...Pripyat is THE mission to play again and again and again.
This game is definately deserves to be best game of the year right next to orangebox...don't play other genres.

I never personally enjoyed the multiplayer, but from what i've seen on utube it looks pretty good as well. Definatly a good investment

[cTx] Nooc
01-06-2008, 11:28 AM
My favorite missions were all Marine missions, I think they have best soundtrack. Pripyat was one of the most intense gaming missions of late, best sniping action in a video game hands down...and my heart stopped for a second when the NEST teams failed...(not gonna spoil for those who haven't played :p: )

simply amazing presentation, albeit only 6 hours long, they were well worth my $50, and that's not an overstatement.

DTU_XaVier
01-06-2008, 11:31 AM

"Hardcore gamers"
What kind of sentiment is that? You can't enjoy a good single-player story and still be serious about your games... :confused:

COD4 is heavy on the story, so I'd expect them to throw some at least decent combat in there as well, which doesn't turn into a bullets-flying version of whack-a-mole...

BF2 is out of context on this, as it is solely a MP-game, with an off-line element...

COD4 is a nice time-sink in SP, kinda like a good action-flick... But I wouldn't go as far as calling it GOTY, I agree with STEvil...
MP can't make up for a bad/mediocre single-player expirience... Sorry, that's my opinion...

I'm obviously in the wrong crowd here, I play The Witcher and Splinter Cell, and since BF2 haven't bought a game for the MP (okay, apart from WoW and EVE, those aren't relevant)... People seem to think that games can't be good without an MP-element... :confused:

Hardass
01-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Great game, took the place of Farcry for me. A little short for my tastes, but what can ya do.

Omar
01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
The game is awesome. The storyline is very well done,
Well said , and I liked the end .

STEvil
01-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I have to admit I didnt rate it very high because I placed most of my playtime on the multiplayer.

I did play through single player because it was there, but come on guys. Can you honestly tell me you would play this game for 40 hours a week in single player and still not be bored with it in a month, if not less?

Score still stands: game sucks.

S1mon-
01-06-2008, 02:46 PM
The multiplayer is very challenging. I don't think the game sucks, I personnaly have a lot of fun playing multiplayer.

Power5
01-07-2008, 05:38 AM
I have not played the MP yet, but I played BF2142 and got bored of it before maxing out even one package of my player. I don't play games for 18hours a day straight, so it gets boring when you keep getting killed on spawn by some invisible guy. :p:

I am personally enjoying the SP part of COD4 and have just gotten to the Chernobyl sniper level. I really miss all the good single player games of the past. I remember the first Tomb Raider on Play station and I played it for hours. Wish some of these combat games could bring some of that search aspect into them. Possibly instead of starting a level in the heat of battle, you have to find your path to the action, instead of being directed to everything. I can remember hours spent trying to figure out what I was supposed to do at some points in Tomb Raider. :D

Getttosmurf
01-07-2008, 07:23 AM
As a Cod player ( vcod uo cod2 cod4 ) i have to say its quiet good but multiplayer on standard servers get a bit boring after 30-40 hours when the servers fill up with people using the easiest weapons and kill without even trying perks such as mines and stuff but playing matches on servers with clanbase settings now thats alot of fun = )

Also there are a few nice gametypes and mods like hardcore and oldschool so theres variation if you get tired of one gametype / mod.

Cant say much about singleplayer only played the demo in sp for about 5 minutes and it was kinda boring , well singleplayer isnt my thing.

Donnie27
01-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Instead of Good or Bad, I'll give it a Number, 90 for MP and only 75% for SP. I like SP-ers like Crysis and not unlimited attacks until you reach a certain point Scripts and Pretty Dumb-Useless and Invincible (on most maps) Team-Mates. Wayyyy too short and I hope the Ad-on is cheap! Like Others I liked the story line.

I like the way the Games as well:)

binormalkilla
01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
It could use some more expansive maps......but I really enjoy the game. It can get addictive.......I'm getting into UT3 ATM. I would really like to play Crysis online but the freaking hackers.........well you know .

JAWS
01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
yeah I haven’t played COD4 on pc yet, but on xbox360. My son and I were about half way through and I didn't want it to end. lol

for me COD4 one of the best games I've ever played. still an xbox360 noob though :p:

Apokalipse
01-08-2008, 05:26 AM
COD4 is a very fun game. It's the only COD game that I've really gotten into playing so far.

Rattle
01-08-2008, 06:31 AM
cod 4 is one of the best games EVER.
the SP is awesome and the MP is even better and replayability of both is HUGE.
Very seldom does a game have SP and MP that are AWESOME.

crysis SP was decent but the MP is garbage

wyemarn
01-08-2008, 06:47 AM
The SP is superb. The nuclear strike and sniper mission are so cool. Actually I think it's better than Crysis, missions are just a little short. My system can handle the game quite nice compared to Crysis.

binormalkilla
01-08-2008, 12:07 PM
The SP is superb. The nuclear strike and sniper mission are so cool. Actually I think it's better than Crysis, missions are just a little short. My system can handle the game quite nice compared to Crysis.

The nuclear strike mission was like nothing I've ever experienced in a game....I really got upset (mad) like when you watch a movie involving terrorists and such. Great stuff.
Another thing that I loved was the AC-130 mission.......insanely fun.

ROBSCIX
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah the missions are fun. The "bonus" board freeing the hostage on the plane is great also. It seemed to end way to quickly though... Maybe I am just hoping for more boards and content even though the game has many great boards..."always leave them wanting more" -as the saying goes. I am hoping we can get some great mods for SP....

Eddie3dfx
01-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh I just finished the game. It was absolutely sooo much fun!
The demo doesn't do this game justice.
The graphics were very good, but the graphics where you put on the tree costumes is amazing.
One thing I don't understand at this end, you rescue the hostages, but then I jumped out.
Did they all end up dead? lol
:shrug:

Bonnie
01-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Hey pal...
please help me...how to bench COD4??
i want to see fsp of COD4

nosboost300
01-14-2008, 02:50 AM
download fraps...

anyway, my 2 cents

the single player was pretty fun.. but after a while it just started to feel like every other call of duty out there... you run to an area.. a massive war ensue's... you find some sort of "weapon" to take out an area.. then you move onto the next

and as others said.. horribly scripted people.. no AI present in this game

and is it just me.. or is the last mission on the plane, on veteran, impossible in arcade mode... you get like 36 seconds to do the whole damn thing!

STEvil
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
press ~

type in /cg_drawfps 1

press enter

Monkeywoman
01-14-2008, 03:28 PM
hey, isnt there an FPS cap in that game?

Eddie3dfx
01-14-2008, 04:22 PM
No, because if you lower the settings you go into the 200+ fps.
The scene where you wear the leaves was bogging down my system to close to 22-32fps+
Quad 3520mhz, 8800gt maxed out.

chew*
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
press ~ then type in /com_maxfps ###

obviously you would put numbers in place of ###.

capping your fps can result in smoother gameplay......im guessing if the above console commands work this is off the quake engine which prefers 43, 76 and 125 fps.......obviously cap it at a fps that will be steady......etc if your max is 50 cap it at 43..........

anyone else who want's a crash course in .cfgs to "boost" performance LMK...........

Aleki
01-20-2008, 09:15 PM
this game has an incredible storyline. i like how they put you in shoes of other people instead of just one main character. cant say much for the AI because the game was brutally hard (played on veteran from the getgo).
i just wish it was longer.
i "borrowed" this from the net. though i will be purchasing it because i think it deserves the pricetag :)

ps: the death from above & chernobyl levels are my favorite

edit:

No, because if you lower the settings you go into the 200+ fps.
The scene where you wear the leaves was bogging down my system to close to 22-32fps+
Quad 3520mhz, 8800gt maxed out.

what size is your screen? on my 1440x900 i could pull off everything max including filters and vsync. never got below 30 the entire game

btw: i have 8800gt also, dont mind the sig

STEvil
01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
A64 4200+ @ 2.7 with 2GB ram and 8800GTS @ 800/2000/1000 (tossed the X1950XTX) gets me 50+ all the time pretty much. Every option maxed at 1680x1050.

Tortel
01-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I though the SP had a good storyline, but was linear as hell just like the rest of the CoD series. I really think that if a nuke went off like that though, it would be much more than just the SAS and USMC attacking back. The cheats are fun too, I love the ragtime one

Inteleron
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I have my sig system on max settings and haven't encountered any issues yet. Great graphics and game play.

Aleki
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
hehe, meant to say that ive never had the fps dip below 30 during heavy fire and smoke. usually 48-59 though :D

Afterburner
02-13-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned nor asked about CPU Core Scaling... :shrug:

How's the perf on Duals/Quads....Anyone tried goin from Dual to Quad....How about system utilization... :)

Martijn
02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned nor asked about CPU Core Scaling... :shrug:

How's the perf on Duals/Quads....Anyone tried goin from Dual to Quad....How about system utilization... :)

I went from a Celly 420 @ 3.2 to a Q66 @ 3.6. Running my X1950pro at 1920x1200 with almost everything on max, AA disabled, AF at 2x. SS edges disabled. I get 40fps on average (which is playable for me).

My CPU usage (iw3mp.exe, not the whole system) never goes over 18% and it never went over 90% on the Celly. A quad isn't really needed IMO.

Afterburner
02-13-2008, 11:16 AM
thanx for the info..... :up:

chew*
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
If this game was based on realism I would have to give it a 5 out of 10, I compare fps games to my long time favorite RTCW ET.

My gripe in this game, there is no bullet knockback = no realism......A guy can charge you with a knife while getting 20 rounds put in him with an mp4 and kill you.....only in wet dreams....... the 1 hit 1 kill with the knife is welcome as it requires some skill to knife someone but if a guys getting shot to pieces the bullet impact alone would stop them dead in there tracks.

Camping corners, I like the fact that if you peek around a corner you can shoot and be shot, ET lacked realism there.......

Shooting through walls.........yes you can shoot through walls as a tactic, problem is you can shoot through 1 ft think concrete walls with a rather lightly powered assault rifle.........realism is lost in that effect. Not to mention this just empowers hackers to use wallhacks..

jumping off buildings and not breaking your leg/dying........yah et failed this miserably also......

Personally all FPS have hit a new low for me lately and it has to do with the "new breed" of gamers. I remember when a time when everything was head up, Now the "new breed" camps and does everything possible to just mow people down in the back.......takes alot of skill.......anyway my 2c.

This game was the shortest yet.......in the series......4 hours on veteran and game finished...........I want my $ back

STEvil
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
If this game was based on realism I would have to give it a 5 out of 10, I compare fps games to my long time favorite RTCW ET.

My gripe in this game, there is no bullet knockback = no realism......A guy can charge you with a knife while getting 20 rounds put in him with an mp4 and kill you.....only in wet dreams....... the 1 hit 1 kill with the knife is welcome as it requires some skill to knife someone but if a guys getting shot to pieces the bullet impact alone would stop them dead in there tracks.

Camping corners, I like the fact that if you peek around a corner you can shoot and be shot, ET lacked realism there.......

Shooting through walls.........yes you can shoot through walls as a tactic, problem is you can shoot through 1 ft think concrete walls with a rather lightly powered assault rifle.........realism is lost in that effect. Not to mention this just empowers hackers to use wallhacks..

jumping off buildings and not breaking your leg/dying........yah et failed this miserably also......

Personally all FPS have hit a new low for me lately and it has to do with the "new breed" of gamers. I remember when a time when everything was head up, Now the "new breed" camps and does everything possible to just mow people down in the back.......takes alot of skill.......anyway my 2c.

This game was the shortest yet.......in the series......4 hours on veteran and game finished...........I want my $ back

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Martijn
02-14-2008, 02:40 AM

I guess you need to get hardcore online. I had the exact same feelings as you. Standard CoD4 sucks the big one. Hardcore is so much more realistic. :yepp:

chew*
02-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Btw my comments go for multiplayer to, In 2 days of having played im already level 25 and have already scrimmed with a team against another clan, I'm no slouch in the gaming department, I rank in the top 3 90% of the time in free for all....

I really like how they bit CS multiplayer comp which i hate all versions of save the graphics in source......Imma go back to playing ET multiplayer, at least they have stopwatch and campaigns with multiple task objectives.......not a stupid crate that needs blowing up...

Brian MP5T
02-14-2008, 08:06 AM
A guy can charge you with a knife while getting 20 rounds put in him with an mp4 and kill you.....only in wet dreams....... the 1 hit 1 kill with the knife is welcome as it requires some skill to knife someone but if a guys getting shot to pieces the bullet impact alone would stop them dead in there tracks.This game was the shortest yet.......in the series......4 hours on veteran and game finished...........I want my $ back

What's an MP4 & You need to plat it on Hardcore Mode... There should only be Hardcore Mode IMO..

FuriousSalesman
02-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I love hardcore mode. Makes the game a lot better.

chew*
02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
What's an MP4 & You need to plat it on Hardcore Mode... There should only be Hardcore Mode IMO..

An assault rifle in the game? hardcore mode is great, but I don't see how that will change online game play........unless there is something im missing.....

disruptfam
02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
awesome game loved the sp and still love the mp better than crysis imo

sniper mission was my fav (Was intense... hiding in the field dudes walking right next to you running under the truck and shooting that guy so much fun)

CPLB
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm not going to lie, I think COD4 single player is probably the worst, most frustrating game I have ever played. :mad: The reason for this is probably my fault... (after the beginning obstacle course it told me to play the game in Veteran mode and for some reason I thought that was the easy-normal difficulty)

I started the game and it was ok, not too difficult, but after a couple of hours I was ready to throw COD4 out the window. I'll unload on an enemy AI and they'll go down only to get headshot on me with a pistol from across the map in their "last stand" position... no sh*t. And every enemy is a freaking favre-manning-brady hybrid, they'll lob nades at you from amazing distances with pin point accuracy :shakes: Overall level design was very repetitive and liner as f*ck. Also, friendly AI was unbelievably stupid. I'll be peaking around a corner and my teamates (HATE Captain Price) will run into my shots and I got to go back to the last checkpoint. :shrug: Plus they don't do anything, they give you the impression of teamwork but in reality you do everything yourself.

Although I absolutely hated the game I'll admit the C130 mission and the sniper mission were ok...

Multiplayer is pretty fun too, but it doesn't make up for the absolutely crappy single player.

gr8golf
02-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Who cares about the SP if the MP rocks - I liked the SP and the MP is the best out there.

gr8golf
02-14-2008, 10:26 PM

You can't please everyone - and most gamerz don't want anything close to *realism*. Are any of the Unreal Tourney games *real* in any sense? The CoD series is a close as it gets - provided that they are running the Hardcore option. If anyone has an option with a game that is more *real* - please post it here, I'd be all over it.

xwards
02-15-2008, 03:16 AM
CoD 4 multiplayer is amazing :up:

Makubex_GB
02-15-2008, 04:47 AM
It's true, the SP is not that good. But the MP more than makes up for it! Best MP around right now. :rocker:

cdu cnp
02-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Single player was awesome .
MP is ok , but counter strike like , maps are too little and is infested with hacks just like CS.
I admin a clan server that runs AON ant-cheat, it bans at least 20 kiddies a day.
Every day.
And thats just the ones we catch! God knows how many get by it.

D4rkn3ss
02-22-2008, 05:22 AM
best game of 2007! and the only game I discovered be awesome playing drunk :devil:

MaXXimus
02-22-2008, 06:20 AM
I think the MP is pretty damn good, but do have to admit Im getting a touch bored with it now. I think the game could have used 3 things to make it #1 in my book...

1. More maps, for christ sakes playing a handful over and over and over (get the picture?) is really pathetic.

2. Larger maps, what about something larger then a cake pan?

3. Vehicles!

disruptfam
02-22-2008, 07:28 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm not going to lie, I think COD4 single player is probably the worst, most frustrating game I have ever played. :mad: The reason for this is probably my fault... (after the beginning obstacle course it told me to play the game in Veteran mode and for some reason I thought that was the easy-normal difficulty)

I started the game and it was ok, not too difficult, but after a couple of hours I was ready to throw COD4 out the window. I'll unload on an enemy AI and they'll go down only to get headshot on me with a pistol from across the map in their "last stand" position... no sh*t. And every enemy is a freaking favre-manning-brady hybrid, they'll lob nades at you from amazing distances with pin point accuracy :shakes: Overall level design was very repetitive and liner as f*ck. Also, friendly AI was unbelievably stupid. I'll be peaking around a corner and my teamates (HATE Captain Price) will run into my shots and I got to go back to the last checkpoint. :shrug: Plus they don't do anything, they give you the impression of teamwork but in reality you do everything yourself.

Although I absolutely hated the game I'll admit the C130 mission and the sniper mission were ok...

Multiplayer is pretty fun too, but it doesn't make up for the absolutely crappy single player.

sounds like its all you dude :shakes:

CPLB
02-22-2008, 09:38 AM
sounds like its all you dude :shakes:

Try veteran difficulty on the level where you have to deactivate the nukes. That was the most frustrating.

Some of it probably is me (I wanted to finish the game in one setting so I could uninstall it and never have to see it again:p: ), so that was adding to my frustration, but regardless of that:

Enemy AI is too accurate (w/nades)
The friendly AI is too dumb
The game play is too linear

crazybob99
02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Try veteran difficulty on the level where you have to deactivate the nukes. That was the most frustrating.

Some of it probably is me (I wanted to finish the game in one setting so I could uninstall it and never have to see it again:p: ), so that was adding to my frustration, but regardless of that:

Enemy AI is too accurate (w/nades)
The friendly AI is too dumb
The game play is too linear

I beat it on the hardest setting first time around, but it was very difficult. Yeah that level is really hard. The only one I couldnt manage was the bonus one when you are on the plane, I think that is impossible on the hardest setting! :shocked:

sick_g4m3r
03-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I have the right to disagree right? well I do, this is the best game out so far no questions at all.

So many weapons options with the perks its mindboggling. Saying this with 4 days logged...still addicted

(Didnt even touch Single player... who needs that anyway?)

NickS
03-17-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm addicted to this game (multiplayer) right now :D

Hard.Work
06-23-2008, 04:45 PM
This game is really good I had it on xbox 360 and loved multiplayer, bought it on pc too for 15 bux on ebay, the graphics are great with my 8800gt, MP is what makes this game so great Sp is fun but MP , will keep you busy for quite some time.

Darks0ulz
06-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I beat it on the hardest setting first time around, but it was very difficult. Yeah that level is really hard. The only one I couldnt manage was the bonus one when you are on the plane, I think that is impossible on the hardest setting! :shocked:

The last mission is possible, I've done it (albeit after 2 hours of failure). You just have to remember where they AI comes from and just grab a p90 from one of the terrorists as soon as possible.

Leeghoofd
06-24-2008, 02:47 AM
K quick question here hardware related...I'm experiecing slowdows after patching the game to 1.6 to about 20fps at 1280 x1024 (2x AA) on a Q6600 4gb of PC6400 ram and 8800GTS 512... on average the game stays up around 45-50 but on some maps (singleplayer and multiplayer ) I get terrible slowdowns... I already reformated and put all the new drivers on but still the prob is existing... while if I recall it didn't have this behaviour before 1.6...(same detail settings)

Anyone else experiencing this after patching the game ?