PDA

View Full Version : Virus found in MJ12!!!!!!!!!!

KaptainBlaZzed
01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
When i got home from work today i was greeted with this.
Norton found a virus in MJ12. :shocked:

Has this happened before?
Is there really a virus in MJ12?

Movieman
01-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I think thats Norton. When I was running Nortons I got 1-2 messages here and there..Not on this system and no issues here..
win2K3 is a lovely OS..Doesn't let ANYTHING in..:D
Hey, Muchas gracias for the help.:up:

[XC] gomeler
01-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Haha, that'd be funny as a few people have called MJ12 itself a virus :p:

KaptainBlaZzed
01-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I
win2K3 is a lovely OS..Doesn't let ANYTHING in..:D

How can you tell i run Win Server 2K3 from the pic i provided??:confused:

[XC] riptide
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
First off Norton is crap. Proven by me with an actual live virus. :)

Moving on, yes of course the client is capable to DLing a virus hosted on a webpage or written into the code. The virus is not in the client itself but I reckon if it is indeed a virus, its in the work Dl'd. Anyways use NOD32 or kapersky. Norton is a virus if you ask me.

EDIT: Its almost a hint in the claimed name of the virus framehtml. Sounds like a page based code malware.

[XC] riptide
01-04-2008, 10:31 PM
How can you tell i run Win Server 2K3 from the pic i provided??:confused:

He's not. He is speaking about his own system. :) :para: ;)

Frisch
01-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Click me (http://www.majestic12.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=685&highlight=virus)

Martijn
01-06-2008, 02:20 AM
riptide;2676514']First off Norton is crap. Proven by me with an actual live virus. :)

Moving on, yes of course the client is capable to DLing a virus hosted on a webpage or written into the code. The virus is not in the client itself but I reckon if it is indeed a virus, its in the work Dl'd. Anyways use NOD32 or kapersky. Norton is a virus if you ask me.

EDIT: Its almost a hint in the claimed name of the virus framehtml. Sounds like a page based code malware.

Agreed on that one. I moved from Norton years ago. I couldn't even uninstall it properly :rolleyes:

Paladin
01-06-2008, 03:43 AM
In Norton/Symantic's defense, the gov't/corp version is a horse of a different color -- it's actually slim, trim, & hassle-free. I've used the consumer/retail version too, and it's a dog with fleas. No idea why the huge difference. Since changing my main rig to Q6600 (thereby needing to upgrade from my beloved Win2k to use all 4 cores) & WinXP64 which the version I have doesn't support, I've been trying 64-bit supported Avast & AVG. Both of these are much slower than Norton gov't I was using.

Martijn
01-06-2008, 03:56 AM
In Norton/Symantic's defense, the gov't/corp version is a horse of a different color -- it's actually slim, trim, & hassle-free. I've used the consumer/retail version too, and it's a dog with fleas. No idea why the huge difference. Since changing my main rig to Q6600 (thereby needing to upgrade from my beloved Win2k to use all 4 cores) & WinXP64 which the version I have doesn't support, I've been trying 64-bit supported Avast & AVG. Both of these are much slower than Norton gov't I was using.

Corporate isn't too bad. I still prefer McAfee corporate though.

Mekoa
01-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Corporate isn't too bad. I still prefer McAfee corporate though.

What the company I work for uses.. On about 60000 machines in the UK lol.