PDA

View Full Version : Best position for temp sensor?

ladderman
01-04-2008, 07:58 AM
I want to add some temp sensors around my system and wondered which area on a Fuzion block would give me the most accurate readout.

I know the copper baseplate will heat up the fastest, but will the Delrin mid chamber read the same temp after a few minutes of running.

You can see by the photos the area I intend to use the sensor.

One shows the sensor just on the Delrin and the other shows it just touching the cooper baseplate.

I what to use one on a EK-FC880 GTX - Aectal. So the same question applies to that one as well.

I’m using a mCubed digital sensor

welshtom
01-04-2008, 08:21 AM
i'd go for the copper option personally.

Fujimitsu
01-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Neither of those is particularly good.. but copper would be best.

I really don't think either is gonna give you a useful number though... I'd go for mounting a probe either in the block, or gluing it to the copper with alumina adhesive.

Talonman
01-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Is there a best spot for the FuZion?

Jedda
01-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I went for the copper on both.
I'm using Everest temp readings to calibrate the M-cube sensors to core temps.
Waiting for M-cube Nav2 being able to read everest output itself.

Eddie3dfx
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
accurate readouts of what, how hot the copper is or how hot the cores are?
Or how how the temps are around the block?
The numbers will all be substantially different than the cores.
I'm sure the temp sensor will burn up before being able to read 50c+

One thing I'm curious about is how people go about doing temperature tests for memory
How can you accurately gauge how hot the module gets if it doesn't have an internal temp sensor.
If you measure from the heatsink, it's not accurate. If you measure from the ramchips themselves, it's not accurate, because you don't know how well it will dissipate the heat with the blocks on them.
Even if you sandwich in a thin temperature sensor between the module and block, the readouts will be off because it's blocking dissipation between the two.

NaeKuh
01-04-2008, 10:38 AM
usually the best is on the inlet and outlet of the radiator using a flow though temp probe.

Reason why i say the best is because you can determine the delta between cool and hot water. This can then be used with flow pressure via martins calculator, and ambients to determine if your system is borked.