PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte GA-P965-DQ6 Ver.1 Problems!

computerking
01-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Hello,

Guys, I got this mobo from 1.5 years now I'm not happy with it from first day I got it, It's read temps wrong also it's don't OC at all every time when I add 1Mhz it crash on me and I have to restart Bios I have 1000Watts Power Supply so I don't think the Power is the problem and my CPU E6600, Also when I listen to music some times it miss sounds or drums or bass and I hear distortion and I use Creative ZS2 Platinum card and I even Tried the Onboard it sounds worst, Also the computer is slow and lag alot and in games I get low low FPS I don't' know why!

Also I have High temps I think or maybe the wrong reads the mobo running on 45C and room 25 C and CPU 40 C on Ide 2.4 Stock

Every thing is Stock and default I don't know what the wrong ?

how I know if this mobo is good or bad ? any software can do it or what I do

I tested the rams they are okay but I don't know what the wrong with this rig!

So any idea about what I can do with it ? ? thanks alot my brothers

thanks alot

Richard Dower
01-02-2008, 05:54 PM
My old Rev 1 board worked fine after a few bios revisions, if you're having alot of issue might i suggest selling it and getting a Rev 2.0 P35-DQ6.

computerking
01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
My old Rev 1 board worked fine after a few bios revisions, if you're having alot of issue might i suggest selling it and getting a Rev 2.0 P35-DQ6.

I have the newest Bois F11

I use e6600 and 1950xtx and 2gb 800 and 1TB hards and I want to OC the computer

mmm I hate this mobo alot mine DQ6 ... Sell it were ? I live in Dubai - UAE

I bought it with 300 $ US dollars :( now it's not worth that

so what you advise me now ? get new mobo and it will work fine ?

no more DQ6, But I was thinking on the P35-DS3P

swaaye
01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
so you're saying it doesn't work even at default BIOS settings?

computerking
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
so you're saying it doesn't work even at default BIOS settings?

yes, the sound lose thing and distortion and also the lag and low quaitly and the No OC and wrong readings and high temps

all that made me thing the mobo is damged but I still don't know !!

when I add 1mhz on FSB it crash and I have to reset bios!!!

even in stock and default same happens :(

what to do ?

swaaye
01-02-2008, 08:14 PM
yeah it sounds like a defective motherboard to me. You are having too many problems across numerous parts of it. I have no idea how to help without being there....

Could your power supply be bad? Do you have an extra PSU to test with?

Otherwise maybe email Gigabyte support...

computerking
01-03-2008, 06:42 AM
yeah it sounds like a defective motherboard to me. You are having too many problems across numerous parts of it. I have no idea how to help without being there....

Could your power supply be bad? Do you have an extra PSU to test with?

Otherwise maybe email Gigabyte support...

my power supply is brand new half year and it's enermax 1000 watt so I think it's good and it have 2 years warranty

but this mobo 1 year only so now it's out of warranty

I tested with other power supply but same thing :( I don't know

see DQ6 is the top of line but I don't know this PC do not worth new X38 DQ6 ! it's just normal computer

I was thinking on X38-DS4 it's for 200 $ and I think it's awesome mobo and new to make it Handel this old pc

what do you think

I went gigabyte store here in Dubai it's big ass place and factory I went there they said we can't help because it's out of warranty :(

AHHHHHH and 1 more problem some times it don't read the files on hard disk and some times the free space it right it 0 byte and :banana::banana::banana::banana: like that !!!1

mmm what I can do now ? it's make me feel bad

kenton
01-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Your 1TB issue is caused by a BIOS issue I believe

computerking
01-05-2008, 05:28 AM
Your 1TB issue is caused by a BIOS issue I believe

so you think I have to redownload the Bois F11 from the site and reInstall it on the mobo ? and maybe it will work ?

thanks

computerking
01-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I installed the new Bios same thing nothing changed

But the thing changed that IT OC to 333FPS with out any problems but the temp is high arround 65 - 70

So what the fix fopr sound problem I will try to post vedio show the problems in action

any help ? please I can't live with it any more and I still don't want to buy new one :(

computerking
01-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I forget to say I changed the mobo and all things fixed but still the VGA and SOUND CARD problems :D :)