PDA

View Full Version : Your prognostications for 2008

twilyth
12-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Serious and silly predictions. think there was a similar thread but couldn't find it.

1. John Edwards is Dem. nominee and pick Obama for VP. Dems will win but will not get 2/3 majority in either House or Senate.
2. Unemployment goes up by about 1% in total over present rate.
3. Oil drops to $75/barrel in April but is up to $100 again by September.
4. Average home price will be down 15% in 1st half and will be stagnate until early 2009
5. Iran will test a nuclear device and will sell several to N. Korea - but might not find out about it till late 2009.
6. The writer's strike will continue until early February and US networks will import UK shows to fill the gap.
7. There will be 2 major hurricanes that will hit land in the US.

Silly
1. AMD ships 32nm native 8-core chips in volume in October.
2. Solid state hard drive become standard in laptops
3. 30" LCD monitors will cost less than half what they do now and will out sell every other monitor size in the 3rd quarter.
4. Seagate will announce 4TB drives
5. Blu-ray will become the de facto HD standard.

CyberDruid
12-31-2007, 02:26 PM
1 Fears of Global Warming are replaced by equally well-proven fears of an impending ice-age. Gore receives second Nobel Prize for work on Ice Age awareness.

2. Islam surplants Christianity in terms of number of followers.

3. Hillary Clinton transmogrifies into a Draconian Reptiloid on national TV due to stress of campaign, announces Alien agenda.

4. Global Internet crashes after succesful attack by Blaxxor Worm.

5. Scientests announce a distant comet is on a collision course with Earth slated for impact 2135.

6. Cure for cancer announced then squelched as a baseless rumor. Mysterious fire destroys controversial research facility.

7. David Letterman steps down, hands reins to Carrot Top.

8. Gas prices go over $5 for Premium in the US.

9. Life discovered in core samples from the Artic unlike anything seen on earth shatters theories about evolution and creationism.

10. Cheney refuses to leave power at end of term, declares himself supreme ruler of universe.

One_Hertz
12-31-2007, 04:04 PM
UnG disappears again

CyberDruid
12-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Damn Salvia Kicking in again...

Movieman
12-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Some great ones here.
I'm going to have to think on this one..
Love the Hillary transformation though..Thats VERY beleivable..:rofl:

twilyth
12-31-2007, 04:25 PM
3. Hillary Clinton transmogrifies into a Draconian Reptiloid on national TV due to stress of campaign, announces Alien agenda.

7. David Letterman steps down, hands reins to Carrot Top.

9. Life discovered in core samples from the Artic unlike anything seen on earth shatters theories about evolution and creationism.

10. Cheney refuses to leave power at end of term, declares himself supreme ruler of universe.
Ok, I had to calm down for a while before I could respond. I second Dave's comment - 3 is the only logical way for her campaign to play out.

7 was too disturbing for words - and I don't even watch Letterman

9 I like the sentiment but no amount of triple A can take down pie in the sky.

10 try to keep this quiet, but that $400 dollar hair cut that Edwards got was to prep him for a brain transplant with Cheney.

Chewbenator
12-31-2007, 09:42 PM
6. The writer's strike will continue until early February and US networks will import UK shows to fill the gap.

Do you know how awesome it would be if I could watch Doctor Who here?!

My List:
1. DAAMIT gets bought out by Intel, government breaks the CPU conglomerate into two companies.
2. Nvidia's new 9-Series graphics cards transform time and space.
3. Intel's Penryn's solve math.
4. Tri-SLI laptop revealed, set's pants afire.
5. 52" OLED screen released, grows
6. Phenom is phenomenal, AMD says,"just kidding."
7. Skulltrail actually transformer, goes on a rampage, proves it's namesake
8. DFI releases board with perfect BIOS, asplode
9. Asus releases just one P45 board.
10. SLI released on Intel chipsets, end of world imminent.

Lestat
12-31-2007, 10:51 PM
-Bush starts WW III by attacking more middle eastern countries because they have nukes and other toys
-Bush denies usa has had any part in any of the middle eastern conflicts
-Bush denies that his direct involvement in the oil industry had any bearing on current oil prices in the usa
-hitlary, osama,, i mean obama, edwards and ron paul join forces to create a new government because they believe that the us citizens need change
- bush starts WW IV by attacking N. Korea and China
- Bush sends covert forces to cut the alaskan pipeline and blowup oil rigs off the texan coast to gain insurance money on his oil companies.
-Bush re-invades iran, saudi arabia, iran, pakistan and everyone else because his people say they are the ones who cut the oil lines in the usa

-The Rolling Stones, finally,, once and for all, break up and stop trying to make music
- The rolling stones release ANOTHER best of compilation
- Freddy Mercury comes out of hiding and does a compilation redux album of all the greatest hits

- alisha keys says she loves me
- jennifer garner says she really loves me
- Hayden Panettiere says she loves me and wants to have my children
- jessica alba says she's always loved me
- i never wake up from this dream

- More american movie makers steal asian films and win academy awards and oscars for them. (martin scorcese never made or even thought up "the departed" it was a chinese movie made back in 2001, "Internal Affairs" and i am appauled he ever won an award for a foreign film he just redid in english)
- jessica alba wins an award for "The Eye" - which is just a remake of an Indie film released several years ago
- ANOTHER 'Ring" movie is released...

- i am finally made a mod!!!

last but not least ...

- 1980's hair bands come back in full force!!

Movieman
12-31-2007, 11:24 PM
-Bush starts WW III by attacking more middle eastern countries because they have nukes and other toys
-Bush denies usa has had any part in any of the middle eastern conflicts
-Bush denies that his direct involvement in the oil industry had any bearing on current oil prices in the usa
-hitlary, osama,, i mean obama, edwards and ron paul join forces to create a new government because they believe that the us citizens need change
- bush starts WW IV by attacking N. Korea and China
- Bush sends covert forces to cut the alaskan pipeline and blowup oil rigs off the texan coast to gain insurance money on his oil companies.
-Bush re-invades iran, saudi arabia, iran, pakistan and everyone else because his people say they are the ones who cut the oil lines in the usa

-The Rolling Stones, finally,, once and for all, break up and stop trying to make music
- The rolling stones release ANOTHER best of compilation
- Freddy Mercury comes out of hiding and does a compilation redux album of all the greatest hits

- alisha keys says she loves me
- jennifer garner says she really loves me
- Hayden Panettiere says she loves me and wants to have my children
- jessica alba says she's always loved me
- i never wake up from this dream

- More american movie makers steal asian films and win academy awards and oscars for them. (martin scorcese never made or even thought up "the departed" it was a chinese movie made back in 2001, "Internal Affairs" and i am appauled he ever won an award for a foreign film he just redid in english)
- jessica alba wins an award for "The Eye" - which is just a remake of an Indie film released several years ago
- ANOTHER 'Ring" movie is released...

- i am finally made a mod!!!

last but not least ...

- 1980's hair bands come back in full force!!

You wake up from this dream, see them hanging all over me and know the universe is about to explode from the sheer insanity of the reality!:rofl:

twilyth
01-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Do you know how awesome it would be if I could watch Doctor Who here?!

Check out binsearch.info to search usenet for your favorites. It will create an nzb file that you can slurp up into the the Newsbin newsreader. Of course you should not download media that is copy protected, licensed, etc. On the other hand, you can't really be sure what you're downloading until you've actually downloaded it.

There are lots of british shows I've seen posted in recent months - The bill, Taggart, Silent Witness, Prime Suspect, Ghost Squad (Cassidy is a real cutie), Hotel Babylon, Benidorm, Jekyll, Murphy's Law, Waking the Dead, etc., etc.

CyberDruid
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Chewbenator;2666629]Do you know how awesome it would be if I could watch Doctor Who here?!

Agreed. Tom Baker Pwns.

9. Asus releases just one P45 board.

I was pretty much right there with ya until that one:rolleyes:

Never gonna happen

QUOTE]

CCUABIDExORxDIE
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
1. they release TRON 2.0: return of the user.
2. TRON 2.0 wins EVERY emmy award ever invented.
3. Bowlcuts become the next big hairstyle in hollywood.
4. Major recall on Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, quality control issues including but not limited to hairloss and infertility.
5. Walmart buys everything, including the whitehouse.

Grafton
01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
1. walmart and google merge, skynet results
2. Pres Bush pronounces nuclear correctly
3. UPS treats packages with care and respect
4. intel woops on amd so bad it just starts giving away quad cores ( one can dream)
5. this list somehow get transmitted though a seies of pipes that intern cogs the pipes that go to congress and they learn how the h#ll the internet works
6. the MPAA and RIAA have an evil child together and its name is RIFMAATSA* they sue everyone who has ever seen a movie or heard a song and can remember about it, and win

7. you read this list
8. i learn to spell with a spell checker

Recording
Industry
For
Movies
And
Audio
That
Sues
America