PDA

View Full Version : quick question about tubing

pika198
12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Well I was wondering if I can buy generic vinyl tubing from home depot and use it in my watercooling rig. I have UV lights and use distilled water with the swiftech hydrx anti fungal stuff. I have the tubing that swiftech gave me with a kit and that is running low. So now question is can I combine the two tubes in my watercooling machine or can I just use the generic vinyl tubing from home depot without any problems.

Fujimitsu
12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Well I was wondering if I can buy generic vinyl tubing from home depot and use it in my watercooling rig. I have UV lights and use distilled water with the swiftech hydrx anti fungal stuff. I have the tubing that swiftech gave me with a kit and that is running low. So now question is can I combine the two tubes in my watercooling machine or can I just use the generic vinyl tubing from home depot without any problems.

It doesn't bend as well as masterkleer or tygon. It may also have kind of a yellow tinge depending on what type you buy.

But it will work just fine.

Any tubing will work OK, the difference is in the flexibility.

pika198
12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
It doesn't bend as well as masterkleer or tygon. It may also have kind of a yellow tinge depending on what type you buy.

But it will work just fine.

Any tubing will work OK, the difference is in the flexibility.

sounds great, thanks

jimmyz
12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
hold on pika198, the tubing i can get at lowes has a uv sheilding, and it was all they offered. in other words no glow. i had the whole loop done and filled , added the additive and ????? no glow? iI even bought new lights but still just a very weak glow. stick with tygon. i wish i still had the pics of the difference but i deleted the no-glow pics a while back.