PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEMS please help me :-(

MrEman
07-12-2002, 06:57 PM
I'm having some difficulty with my computer, I was refered to this site by majormav :-P.

Anyway, my specs are as follows

ABIT KX7-333 [r] mobo - but I don't run raid.. just 1 20 gig 7200 IDE drive.
AMD 2000XP +
GF4 ti4600
512 MB PC2700
Sound Blaster X-Gamer

I built the entire machine, with the Lian-Li PC65 case from coolerguys.com and installed the whole thing 3 days ago.. Once I got it up and turned on the computer.. It would start up, but would not send output to the monitor.. The monitor simply sat there. I somehow cured this problem.. still dont know how, but now the computer is up and going.. I'd like to know what kind of tweaks I can make in the bios to improve my gaming performance.. I'm not looking to bench high. just looking to play Counter-Strike more stable. I turned "Enhance AGP Performance" to enable.. and it would freeze in game every 5 minutes.. so I had to disable that in order to keep it from freezing.

I also changed the arp size to 128 MB from 64 and dont know if that made a difference.. but I want to know how I can go about cureing the problem with it skipping every few seconds in the game. I want a smooth running game, that I use to have on my other p4 1.9 gf3.

Also, OPP or MrI, If you could help me out and let me know how you guys fix the Refresh rate with the 29.40 drivers.. I'd appreciate it, And if you want to refer me to good drivers for this type of machine to run games, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Please tell me what I need to do, to get this baby running like a charm.

Thanks,
MrEman
Jeremiah Reagan

OPPAINTER
07-12-2002, 07:05 PM
MrEman, please don't double post. I've started to awnser your post in the AMD forum, I'll delete this one.

Welcome to Xtreme:)

OPP