PDA

View Full Version : JUst purchased the DD Water Box "Plus"

systemviper
12-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I have been looking for a rig to run my EXTREME testing setup and just modify and build out some systems to score the best points possible. I have the Pelts comming from SWIFTECH, the cpu and gpu. So i am going ot use this rig to mount them insiide...

Just had to tell somebody, has anone used the "Danger Den Water Box "Plus" " is it a good rig to mod and mess with,,,,, I will b e using the Maximus Extreme to be my Xtreme OC board... :up:

well thanks for listening.....

The Danger Den Air Box and Water Box were developed as a “cool” compact case. The Water Box made its debut at the PDXLAN6 in Portland Oregon. Requests came into Danger Den to build some custom versions for PDXLAN7 leading to this retail version.

A third variation was developed (after the Air Box) for watercooling solutions and multiple drive bays. The Water Box "Plus" has a similar footprint as the Water Box / Air Box and allows additional hard drives and two (2)CD/DVD drive. It is compatible with all aftermarket air coolers also.

The motherboard tray standard color is clear but is also available in red, blue, green and yellow UV colors.

Some Water Box Plus's in the real world:

"Bridge It" Contest Winner at PDXLAN
Customer building the case with lots of pictures!

Specifications:
Size: 14.19" x 11.75" x 14.13" (360mm x 298 x 359mm) W x D x H
Motherboard – ATX and Micro ATX
Supports ATX PSU
4 x 3.5” Internal Drives
2 x 5.25” External Drive Bay
Supports up to 2 x 80mm case fans
2 x 120mm Case Fans for the Radiators
Compatible With Aftermarket Air Coolers
Strong and Durable Acrylic construction
Options:
Coming Soon - Send us your graphics and we'll cut it into the case
Case Panel Colors (available soon - standard is all clear)
Other Required Components (Purchased Seperately):
Motherboard, PSU, CPU, etc (all computer hardware for the case)
Up to two each (w) 80mm Fans and (2) 120mm Fans.
Light Kits, LEDs, Cathodes to pimp the case and hardware
Wire sleeving and other parts to hide the wires!
NOVUS Cleaner #1, #2, and #3 can be used to clean the case. Cleaning should be done before installation. *NEW*- We now carry a kit!
Note: Case Shipment may take up to 10 Business Days. Please use the "Contact Us" link on the left for an estimated ship date. We will do everything possilbe to ship it out quickly.

DarthBeavis
12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes . . .
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=1760554

systemviper
12-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Yes . . .
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=1760554

I just went thru all the pics and text. So what do you rate the "Danger Den Water Box "Plus" " I will be getting mine on the 4th.. I am so excited :woot:

IanY
12-29-2007, 07:34 PM
You have a very accomodating wife indeed !

cabbspapp
12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I just got mine on Christmas. Wires look horrible, but I'm not gonna worry about it until I get my modular Seasonic PSU and liquid cooling.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/cabbspapp/IMG_0810.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/cabbspapp/IMG_0812.jpg

It's not compatible with all coolers, the motherboard sits slightly too high.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/cabbspapp/IMG_0814.jpg

systemviper
12-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Some people are like a Slinky...Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

whats that about?

I am going to use mine as a teat rig more then a day to day system, so i am hoping that it gives me lots of flexibility.

regards/steve

systemviper
12-29-2007, 09:10 PM
You have a very accomodating wife indeed !

i took good care of her for xmass :up:

IanY
12-29-2007, 09:18 PM
i took good care of her for xmass :up:

Wasn't talking about money, or taking care of her, or she taking care of you.

Mine was well taken care of, and I was well taken care off as well.

If I were to come home tomorrow with four new Ultras, two QXes, two 790i mobos and 8 GB of ram, she wouldn't even blink, wouldn't question me, etc.... as long as I get rid of the cardboard boxes quickly..

I wouldn't even dare suggest such an acrylic case. The aesthetics gestapo would be out in full force and hound my ass. We may have to get rid of all the furniture, drapes and rugs... it wouldn't fit the Danger Den appearance..!!

systemviper
12-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Wasn't talking about money, or taking care of her, or she taking care of you.

Mine was well taken care of, and I was well taken care off as well.

If I were to come home tomorrow with four new Ultras, two QXes, two 790i mobos and 8 GB of ram, she wouldn't even blink, wouldn't question me, etc.... as long as I get rid of the cardboard boxes quickly..

I wouldn't even dare suggest such an acrylic case. The aesthetics gestapo would be out in full force and hound my ass. We may have to get rid of all the furniture, drapes and rugs... it wouldn't fit the Danger Den appearance..!!

Yea, that is why it is going in my office, it also serves another purpose. My son is a big part of my builds now (9yr old) so the acrylic box, which will be our test bed, will be great for all the explanations i will be giving him about the builds and testing...

Regards
Steve

septim
12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
nice case. i hope your place isn't too dusty.

systemviper
12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
nice case. i hope your place isn't too dusty.

ahhh, that will be a task for Stevie III, he will be the dust manager..:ROTF:

[XC] leviathan18
12-29-2007, 10:33 PM
system viper could you please shrink your very very long sig ?

cabbspapp
12-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Some people are like a Slinky...Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

whats that about?

I am going to use mine as a teat rig more then a day to day system, so i am hoping that it gives me lots of flexibility.

regards/steve

Found it somewhere, thought it was funny.

Pub_Randy**
12-31-2007, 05:03 AM
Found it somewhere, thought it was funny.

I think he thought it was part of your post,

but i'm sure he's figured out its ur sig :p