PDA

View Full Version : Dual booting with BIOS Savior

Foghorn
08-05-2003, 10:28 PM
You know how it is. The computer is shut down. The phone rings, someone wants something, or you just remembered something you didn’t do. Now you have to go through the whole procedure. Turn on the water pump, turn on the pelt, wait for it to cool down, turn on the computer, wait for it to boot. (How come everything is so slow for a fast computer.)

I am sure someone has thought of this before but for me it’s a new discovery. I got tired of clearing CMOS etc. when I went to far over clocking so I recently got a BIOS Savior. Wow what an improvement that was. Then it hit me. If I have two different BIOS’s or the same BIOS with two different settings, how about doing something else.

One BIOS has everything set at default settings, so now when I turn the computer on everything starts together at the same time, water pump, pelt, fans, computer. Everything! It runs at stock speed while the pelt cools it down. I can find anything I need a lot quicker.

As soon as everything is cooled down I flip the switch on the BIOS Savior and re-boot into the over clocked settings.

(edit) I forgot to mention that a little while back I did a mod to the battery and CMOS jumper. By flipping one switch I can disconect the battery, and by pushing another switch I can clear CMOS. I just got tired of opening the case and fooling around with the battery and jumper everytime I screwed up over clocking. "All worth while inventions were made by lazy people. If they weren't lazy they would have kept doing things the same old way" (unkown author)

Q.E.D. :)