PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Earth creatures

Ugly n Grey
12-27-2007, 06:07 PM
After a couple years abroad I headed back to Canada to roost. I've fired up some IT consulting and bought a small chandler out.

I'm just fooling around getting my systems set up and picking out some goodies. The best place on the web for computer pounding is here. So here I be.

Greetings to all, old and new friends.

Pinnacle
12-27-2007, 06:09 PM
After a couple years abroad I headed back to Canada to roost. I've fired up some IT consulting and bought a small chandler out.

I'm just fooling around getting my systems set up and picking out some goodies. The best place on the web for computer pounding is here. So here I be.

Greetings to all, old and new friends.

So they didnt have computers and internet access abroad, thats why it took so long??

Hey, I always liked reading your posts :welcome: back

DeltZ
12-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Observed the phenomenon; that the earth is round? =P

Hope you haven't completely given up given up title and role of XS comedian! That's how I know you anyway lol.

Ugly n Grey
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
So they didnt have computers and internet access abroad, thats why it took so long??

Hey, I always liked reading your posts :welcome: back

LOL... sort of , I went without touching a computer for almost 14 months.

And thanks for the welcome back :up:

Movieman
12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
OMG!:shocked:
If you knew how many people have asked if anyone knew where to find you you'd fall down from shock.
I think I came here just as you left..
Welcome back!:up:

Frisch
12-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Welcome back you ugly thing.

I really tried to fill your role out as funny, I failed utterly. The language kept tripping me.

I'll just say...hello Canada, with a Turtle hug.

catsarecute
12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
ohhh...you are not a myth??!!,,,hehe welcome back

Ugly n Grey
12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Welcome back you ugly thing.

I really tried to fill your role out as funny, I failed utterly. The language kept tripping me.

I'll just say...hello Canada, with a Turtle hug.

I like turtles, the best part is , there's no bowl to wash when you finish eating.

Your language skills are remarkable Frisch, you never fail to make a good point.

Thank you :)

ohhh...you are not a myth??!!,,,hehe welcome back

Merci, nope,no myth here, I'm truly as Ugly as they say am I.

[XC] 4X4N
12-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Welcome back :toast: Are you going to get back into folding? We need you to liven up the f@h section again.

Ugly n Grey
12-27-2007, 06:58 PM
4X4N;2658019']Welcome back :toast: Are you going to get back into folding? We need you to liven up the f@h section again.

Sure am, most of my hardware was sold while I was gone however. I still have four systems that are about 2 years out of date but they are multicore units (my stuff always was , now EVERYBODY's stuff is multicore I see)

I need to buy some new hardware so I will be soaking in some knowledge here on the forums.

looking forward to raising some crunchies :D

runmc
12-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Amazing - I thought you were 6 ft under :ROTF:

Movieman
12-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Sure am, most of my hardware was sold while I was gone however. I still have four systems that are about 2 years out of date but they are multicore units (my stuff always was , now EVERYBODY's stuff is multicore I see)

I need to buy some new hardware so I will be soaking in some knowledge here on the forums.

looking forward to raising some crunchies :D

If I remember correctly you were into FAH so I won't badger you to come to WCG..
Well,ahh, forget that, but I'll do it with a smile and accept a no gracefully.
Grab yourself a Q6600 G0 and a good Asus P5K Deluxe or Permium board and your in business in style and not broke doing it..
Very nice to see you. I've read a lot of your posts and it's a pleasure to have someone else here who's beyond the "Clearasil" generation!:D

Now thats a hell of a hello..
"Hey, figured you were dead.How ya doing?":ROTF:

Pinnacle
12-27-2007, 07:13 PM

LOL straight to it!

runmc
12-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Just a figure of speach Dave. ;) No harm intended.:)

Good to see you Grey. The last I heard you got married and then nothing. No good-byes, no farewells, no nada. Must have been a strong love.

[XC] leviathan18
12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
damn, i really missed you UnG and was hell of a worried for you.... one of our most active members went MIA from one day to other without saying even bye

well welcome back my friend i still cant trade my mom for server time :p:

IFMU
12-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Well holy schnit! It lives!~!

Welcome back bub!

Sounds like you were the 'earth creature' more than the rest of us at least! lol

Good to see yea!

[XC] leviathan18
12-27-2007, 07:24 PM
hey this time leave your phone number house address email address and everything so if you go missing we can search for you and dont worry :p:

Omastar
12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Despite what Ugly says, he isn't that ugly, really.

Welcome back. Did the booze finally run out? ;)

NickS
12-27-2007, 07:30 PM
:eek: WOW... the legend returns. Thank god, we need more of XS' "starting crew" back :cool:

Welcome back UnG.

Sparky
12-27-2007, 07:46 PM
:eek: :shocked: :eek2:

UnG IS BACK!!! :woot: :party:

Never really met you, you disappeared a little before I became active here. So glad to finally see you up and about! :up: :D

[XC] DragonOrta
12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:! I think that there have been about a dozen "What happened to UnG" threads since you stopped posting.

Awesome to see the Mafia's Comedian back. :up:

STEvil
12-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Holy mcfreaking crap!

I thought someone just bumped a thread and it says TODAY!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOO !

Welcome back UnG ;)

[XC] Lead Head
12-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Your back!:eek:

:bows:

rcofell
12-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Wow, welcome back!
I remember starting D2OL because of you :)

[XC] riptide
12-27-2007, 08:54 PM
HOLY JAYSUS! We thought you were Friggin Dead!

Vapor
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
UnG!!!!!!!

Charles Wirth
12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Good to see you made your way back and Merry Christmas.

:cheer:

n00b 0f l337
12-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Woooohoooooooooooo!
Good to see you back, alive, well, and posting!

biohead
12-27-2007, 10:36 PM
:hump: :nuts:

Entity_Razer
12-28-2007, 07:52 AM
UnG WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

^^ You got no idea how good it is to see you again mate.... VERY long time no see, from the D2OL period if i'm not mistaken even :D

Good god man.... how are you? :)

Ugly n Grey
12-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Thank you all very much for the welcome backs. The decision to head out was very sudden based more on opportunity that could not be rejected combined with the fact it was the right time in my life. We were on a plane within a day of making the decision. All at home affairs were handled by my Dad (who is even uglier than I am) and I seem to have overestimated how good he'd be about checking messages and returning calls etc.

We spent some time in Greece, Japan, Australia and the dark continent. I'm currently blowing dust off everything that didn't get flogged on Ebay or sold at public auction and we've settled into one of the rental houses I retained in Central Ontario. Sold the house in Toronto too.

I've started consulting for IT again and I picked up a small company that makes candles and bath stuff etc. and we had a rocking Christmas so it was pretty good. As I continue on putting pieces back into my settled life, this place was one that couldn't be overlooked.

I'm putting together an EE unit for quiet computing at the moment and pondering my next steps for benchmarking units. As some know, I don't really game but it hasn't stopped me from lusting over this quarters batch of released graphics boards. I still like ATI's 2D for daily use but a 229 dollar 8800 GT with 512 megs is just something you can't really ignore. I mean things are so CHEAP now, I can't really believe the prices. Except for Asus, they apparently didn't get the memo.

Anyhow I'm definitely here to have some fun and become reacquainted with the good folks at XS. For those who don't know me, I will definitely be cracking wise at your expense so don't hold a grudge OK?

In the meantime... I've a few ideas for what corporations need to kiss my ugly butt. I mean what the hell is up with DFI? They seem to be late to market with everything. Did they get bought out by Hector and Co while I wasn't looking? Gee Whiz Batman.

It's nice to be here.

Jupiler
12-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Damn', just spilled coffee over my keyboard as I couldn't believe what I was reading.

He's alive, good lord.

Nice to have you back Marc.:up:

phelan1777
12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Anyhow I'm definitely here to have some fun and become reacquainted with the good folks at XS. For those who don't know me, I will definitely be cracking wise at your expense so don't hold a grudge OK?

Hello UnG i have heard/seen you mentioned many a time here, I have been active here since Jan of 06, though I signed on in Oct of 05.

If you are as witty as Dave/Movieman (who I refer to as "Pops") and or even more so, then the threads should prove to be even more fun.

Currently, Dave is the pin cushion for most of us. He always does it with a smile, the bastage.

Welcome back to XS, and I hope I too can one day, just up and travel the world on a minimum notice.

Sparky
12-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Damn', just spilled coffee over my keyboard as I couldn't believe what I was reading.

He's alive, good lord.

Nice to have you back Marc.:up:

Got one of those "spill-proof" keyboards? :p: :D

[XC] leviathan18
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
hey UnG check the world community grid you will have some fun with us there :D

alexio
12-28-2007, 08:49 AM
It must have been hard to leave The Borg :rofl:

I though we'd lost you forever :p:

:welcome:

One_Hertz
12-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Welcome back! I still have your hat :p:

Reznik Akime
12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Dude, my fist. Your face. Time to knock off a wee bit of that uglyness as a thanks for poofin' on us..

Good to know yer okay!

Kobalt
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Wow, it's back! :D

Ugly n Grey
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Welcome back! I still have your hat :p:

You still get my vote for best Avatar. Now it's just the best dressed to boot :)

I've been reviewing the current threads on hardware and news, man everyone is down on the ol ATI/AMD boys.

I need a cigar...

n00b 0f l337
12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok wolverine ;)

Pinnacle
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I've been reviewing the current threads on hardware and news, man everyone is down on the ol ATI/AMD boys.

Who??

;)

Cooper
12-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Welcome back UnG :)

[XC] Duc
12-29-2007, 03:46 AM
:welcome:

Nice to see you found your way back :up:

Martijn
12-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Welcome back UnG!!

Notice how everyone that has posted in this thread joined XS before summer 06 lol :ROTF:

Chipmonk
12-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Jez Welcome back from the dead bud.

Maybe i will start posting on here again ust to get a WARNING from you, they was always good reading and never condescending.

:welcome: BACK UnG

twiggy
12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm glad your still alive!:D

Welcome back UnG and have a happy holiday.

PS. F@H team needs help!;)

Ugly n Grey
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Jez Welcome back from the dead bud.

Maybe i will start posting on here again ust to get a WARNING from you, they was always good reading and never condescending.

Hey Monk :lol: naw no point in being a total pr... my motto is "the toes you step on today may be attached to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow"

I'm glad your still alive!:D

Welcome back UnG and have a happy holiday.

PS. F@H team needs help!;)

I have a thread in F@H... already started adding clients and restoring some of my old hardware.... I'm there for ya! :cool:

K404
12-29-2007, 02:18 PM
UnG!!!!!

You were a legend from my very early days of posting here...

I thought you'd died :( Im happy to be utterly wrong.

Welcome back!

Front page news?

"kinky is using a chicken feather to tickle your wife. Extreme is using the whole chicken"

JAWS
12-30-2007, 09:28 AM
man I knew this day would come...(well I was hoping it would) Welcome back Ugly!!! :up:

saaya
12-30-2007, 09:35 AM
its...ugly... its grey.... ITS ALLIIIIVEEEE :shock:

hehehe wb man, about time you showed up :D

Ugly n Grey
12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
its...ugly... its grey.... ITS ALLIIIIVEEEE :shock:

hehehe wb man, about time you showed up :D

How dare you listen in to the intimate moment of my birth :mad: ... oh wait a minute you mean now! :up:

Thank you gentleman , I see the XS machine is still crushing n00bs who think Tomshardware is the best thing since sliced bread. What could be better?

n00b 0f l337
12-30-2007, 09:55 AM
"the toes you step on today may be attached to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow"
Sounds like someones married! :P

Ugly n Grey
12-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I've reclaimed my uglyngrey hotmail account (had to recreate it... who knew thay cancelled those?) and signed into messenger for those that wish...

Sparky
12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Odd, my old hotmail account still existed even after I hadn't touched it for over a year. Gmail ftw :)

perry_78
12-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, considering UnG's absence I'd be surprised if anyone who joined after to have a *clue* what we're on about.

But yeah, we had our own little man hunt to figure out what happened to you. Good to know you're still a) alive and b) well and chirpy :)

saaya
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
yeah myold hotmail account still exists and their support wont even delete it after me not using it for 2 years... i told them to go and delete all emails and contacts i just want the id to log on to msn messanger :D

they just wont do it... i dont understand why...

MaxxxRacer
12-31-2007, 01:04 AM
O........M........G.....

I just shat my pants. After just past 2 years he returns! Your pops should doesn't know how to return a phone call. I called several times in the past 2 years. The only thing I knew for sure was that you were not dead because someone was still paying the phone and power bill. Every few months I would go and check your account, checking to see if you had posted, and low and behold you came back.

I hope you are back for good this time, and if you do happen to run off again, let us give you a proper send off!

In any case, Welcome Back!

Zytek_Fan
12-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Welcome back to the best forum community on the web! :D

Serra
12-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Wow, miss a few days here and you miss a lot!

Welcome back UnG!

DTU_XaVier
12-31-2007, 07:23 AM
I go on holiday, and look what happens... I barely got a glimpse of the bastard before he vanished, but Welcome back to you sir... Reading older threads was such a treat :D...
Perry_78 and I have got a seat on the Wamp-council waiting for you, and we won't accept you wasting your days solely in the "serious" forums ;) :D

Best Regards :toast:

Ugly n Grey
12-31-2007, 07:38 AM
yeah myold hotmail account still exists and their support wont even delete it after me not using it for 2 years... i told them to go and delete all emails and contacts i just want the id to log on to msn messanger :D

they just wont do it... i dont understand why...

I tried to log into the account, it told me point blank the user ID was NOT taken. So I created a new account with my ID. Now when I signed into messenger, my XS logo was in it. but all the contacts were gone. It seems the messenger service retains some data but without a hotmail to back it, all the contact data is gone. Beats me, just relating what I found.

O........M........G.....

I just shat my pants. After just past 2 years he returns! Your pops should doesn't know how to return a phone call. I called several times in the past 2 years. The only thing I knew for sure was that you were not dead because someone was still paying the phone and power bill. Every few months I would go and check your account, checking to see if you had posted, and low and behold you came back.

I hope you are back for good this time, and if you do happen to run off again, let us give you a proper send off!

In any case, Welcome Back!

The old man watched the houses and rented them while I was away. He had my power of attorney too. The lawyer had the same beef about him. Anyhow I'm here, we just wanted to do something wild before we got stuck in life's little daily grind.

I go on holiday, and look what happens... I barely got a glimpse of the bastard before he vanished, but Welcome back to you sir... Reading older threads was such a treat :D...
Perry_78 and I have got a seat on the Wamp-council waiting for you, and we won't accept you wasting your days solely in the "serious" forums ;) :D

Best Regards :toast:

I *NEVER* just hang out in JUST the serious forums. Being a total idiot myself, it's not hard to put it down on the page for others to read. The good, the bad and well of course... the Ugly.

charlie
12-31-2007, 10:49 AM
:woot:

welcome back and Happy New Year!!

[XC]thewildblue
01-03-2008, 04:13 AM
Welcome back, nice to see an old face return.

KoHaN69
01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2148/64bddeadddd64daca0903f2xy0.jpg

trance565
01-03-2008, 06:46 PM
man we thought something bad happened to you, we've missed you that's for damn sure.

Ugly n Grey
01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
man we thought something bad happened to you, we've missed you that's for damn sure.

I appreciate that sentiment, a lot actually. I have a good time here too. I assure you all, it was only the very BEST things that have happened to me, so quite the opposite of any dire happenings.

But after a few posts and a few days of reading and catching up, I promise it felt like I never left. Our (my family) immediate plans are to stay put for the next decade while my son grows up and gets some school in. So I think you poor SOB's are stuck with me.

At least until Fugger bans me again......

Movieman
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I appreciate that sentiment, a lot actually. I have a good time here too. I assure you all, it was only the very BEST things that have happened to me, so quite the opposite of any dire happenings.

But after a few posts and a few days of reading and catching up, I promise it felt like I never left. Our (my family) immediate plans are to stay put for the next decade while my son grows up and gets some school in. So I think you poor SOB's are stuck with me.

At least until Fugger bans me again......

Looks like you got your wish!:rofl:

DTU_XaVier
01-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Looks like you got your wish!:rofl:

Can't we just have his personal title changed to "Banned for life" even while he's still posting? Get ahead of any future... Problems :rofl:

Movieman
01-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Can't we just have his personal title changed to "Banned for life" even while he's still posting? Get ahead of any future... Problems :rofl:

We got to get him into a new system first..
After what he was used to I can see him calling 911 after seeing a yorkie running at 4000+ on air ..:rofl:

Ugly n Grey
01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
We got to get him into a new system first..
After what he was used to I can see him calling 911 after seeing a yorkie running at 4000+ on air ..:rofl:

HAHAHAHA :rofl: I can see I'm going to need to buy a couple of these little buggers and chirp them a bit.

Darn all you guys that are happy with one socket though, I want a dual socket board dammit.... :p: Guess it's time to get my wholesale account running again...

RyderOCZ
01-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Darn all you guys that are happy with one socket though, I want a dual socket board dammit.... :p: Guess it's time to get my wholesale account running again...This is what you want then: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169421

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168433

Ugly n Grey
01-03-2008, 08:45 PM
This is what you want then: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169421

Uhm, want is kind of an understatement. I was checking server/Workstation boards from Tyan and Asus but that seems way more in keeping with the theme of fun toys..... gawd now I have a bunch of reading to do on this too :) :up:

How many of these do you have at your house? Snow or no snow it's only a days drive, you must leave the house for groceries... hmm

RyderOCZ
01-03-2008, 08:50 PM
No Skulltrail here :( ...but its definitely a monster for a Dual Socket.

Server chipset with FB-Dimms and full overclocking features, 8 cores of overclocked goodness :)

Fr3ak
01-04-2008, 06:43 AM
I was well surprised seeing a post of you UnG. Welcome back! :toast: :toast:

Next time you leave the country, tell someone that you ain't dead. Some people were getting really worried about you ;)

bachus_anonym
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Mark! :welcome: back, man! We were worried that something bad happened to you. I remember calling you few times times after your sudden disappearance but only nice, recorded female voice was there to pick up :D

I'm glad that you're doing great and are back posting :up: We all missed your great attitude and funny comments :)

:toast:

Johnny Bravo
01-07-2008, 07:06 AM
14 months away from a computer eh? Where were you, rehab?!

j/k

Welcome back UnG ;)

Der_KHAN
01-12-2008, 03:06 AM
:shocked: omgwtfbbq!!!!!!!!

i almost got a heart attack when i saw your post in another thread! :eek:

... i can't believe i haven't noticed earlier, but i was a little inactive for the last 2 weeks.

anyways, good to see you back old man! :D everybody here was really worried about your disappearance. but it sounds like you had a great time and everything worked out very well for you. :)

wb :toast:

Ugly n Grey
01-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey Mark! :welcome: back, man! We were worried that something bad happened to you. I remember calling you few times times after your sudden disappearance but only nice, recorded female voice was there to pick up :D
:toast:

Yes, that nice recorded female voice was quite a good one to wake up to. :D :up: Thanks for checking up on me , I appreciate it.

14 months away from a computer eh? Where were you, rehab?!

j/k

Welcome back UnG ;)

The rehab was intense, I kept dreaming about SPi scores for the first month and even had a nightmare that I had swapped my BH5 out and stuck my TCCD in while forgetting to reset the voltage.... I woke up in a cold sweat and then realized I hadn't been near a computer in 4 months.

:shocked: omgwtfbbq!!!!!!!!

i almost got a heart attack when i saw your post in another thread! :eek:

... i can't believe i haven't noticed earlier, but i was a little inactive for the last 2 weeks.

anyways, good to see you back old man! :D everybody here was really worried about your disappearance. but it sounds like you had a great time and everything worked out very well for you. :)

wb :toast:

I Did have a good time, now I'm ready for another good time :D

Thanks you all gentleman

2fink
01-16-2008, 01:07 PM
was browsing through the forum for some laughers (only have to check moviemans posts ;) ) and saw a post by UnG.

i couldnt believe it. not only once i thought about, what happened to you!
good to see you back :toast:

btw. you should put one computer to wcg. the wcg-section is worse it :D

i found nemo
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Yes, that nice recorded female voice was quite a good one to wake up to. :D :up: Thanks for checking up on me , I appreciate it.

The rehab was intense, I kept dreaming about SPi scores for the first month and even had a nightmare that I had swapped my BH5 out and stuck my TCCD in while forgetting to reset the voltage.... I woke up in a cold sweat and then realized I hadn't been near a computer in 4 months.

I Did have a good time, now I'm ready for another good time :D

Thanks you all gentleman

i remember you were in the challenge with the box u built for ur dad ( forgot wich competition ) and you did pretty good, so when u gunna get back into the " fun " of computing? ( o/cing & all that )

Ugly n Grey
01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
i remember you were in the challenge with the box u built for ur dad ( forgot wich competition ) and you did pretty good, so when u gunna get back into the " fun " of computing? ( o/cing & all that )

I've ordered a 5000 BE and a 3850 to play with, should be here this week. I'm considering what to buy for a multi socket system and sort of waiting for the 3870x2 to arrive. If it's a bust I'll get something else. I'm going to order an Intel rig next month and see how that does and keep going until I feel I am "up to speed" knowledge wise again. :up:

i found nemo
01-22-2008, 07:13 AM
so may i ask .... were you banned? or did you just dissapear? wtfzor happened? i mean it's ur life and i respect you even if you dun tell me it's just that i find my self double blinking in disbelief that ur posting.

Ugly n Grey
01-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Oh goodness no I wasn't banned. We literally made a sudden decision to bugger off and do a world tour. It's all here in this thread so I don't want to keep writing it down. Effectively, it's a case of grabbing life by the horns and living it. I mean I left the old man in charge of my tenants and property, the lawyer paid the bills etc.. I came back to Canada last year and have been working ever since, kinda boring that part, but had to get some money coming in.

i found nemo
01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
lol kinda like that movie " the bucket list " well i'm glad you had fun. you should post up more stories about how you blew stuff up like you did that one time and it ended up in the news paper ( i believe? ) been a while since i've heard one of ur funny stories.

Poki
01-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Welcome back UnG!
I was reading around in the hardware section and saw a post by you which kinda shocked me after you fell off the face of the earth awhile ago. Glad you're OK and living life to the fullest when you get the chance.