PDA

View Full Version : Major Computer problems

ph33rz
08-04-2003, 09:55 PM
OK im having some bad problems now, First off when i boot up most of the time i have to flash the bios to get the monitor to come on. then when i do get into the bios 50% of the time it will lock up while in the bios just plain hard freeze, or i can get it to where its booting up and it will lock up there. I tried to reinstall my windows copy thinkin that i had a bad copy of windows and it told me that my drive had been deleted(goodbye 11,000 mp3s ) so i formated it just to make sure that it was blank it did that just fine. but right when it was making the list of files to be copied it locked up again there. So I tried again and locked up a little after that. Do any of you guys have any idea what it could be? I mean if the processor ram or graphic card was bad it wouldnt even get too the setup installation right?

STEvil
08-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Have you tried at default clocks?

ph33rz
08-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Yep i reset the settings to default on everything.

dafanman
08-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Some questions, the 512 ram, 1 or 2 sticks?
The ram what timings?
Hsf seated correctly?
Power supply size?

Hands on experience I have had to rma 3 nforce2 boards for flaky bios issues, the hard lock in bios is one of the symptoms board#2 displayed.

Having to flash bios to get monitor, not a chance that board would have gotten rma'd immeadiatley.

My last recourse would be to pull everything out, and start the build over, just mb,video, and ram at default everything, and just for grins xp install with just 1 of the sticks of ram, assuming you have 2 256, If thats successful I would add other components one at a time.

by the way, I do not have this particular board, I have the gigabyte 7n400pro, so disregard if you feel that I cannot help.

MrLavender
08-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ph33rz
Yep i reset the settings to default on everything. Did you do a L12 mod to get your 200fsb on the 2500+/1.2? Perhaps it's come "un-done"?

akaBruno
08-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Pull the battery overnite.