PDA

View Full Version : PC Gamer new to PS3: Couple of Questions

Cpl Ledanek
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
not a console player myself, but when 3 yr old god-daughter comes around, I tend to become one...its a nice trade off when playing with her.
she comes over with her Barbie dolls and I'm just not down with that

So we'll play the PS2 Eyetoy and pop some ballons or kick some ninja or do the window washing game.

Now I got PS3...that ducky game is cool on demo, but:
Questions:

1) what are kewl games for me and her

she doesn't come over often, so getting 2nd controller is not a priority yet, so will one controller do just fine?
no remote but then again I only got one Blu-Ray...plus who comes out with a remote player that doesn't have an on/off button===hello Sony wake the hell up
no FPS for me---old topic---not even going to begin a hate-thread about it

2) what other kewl things can you do with PS3---kinda underground stuff without breaking forum rules

thanks

zanzabar
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
u can install linux that that uses a PPC kernel on it

as for games look at ratchet and clank, and heavenly sword, i dont know about 2 player

Cpl Ledanek
12-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Ratchet does look kewl. I just gotta see if my goddaughter would have the patience.

Thank you sir, will google Linux on PS3:up:

Seer
12-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I use gamespot.com to read reviews on any game.

Some suggestions though, are: Guitar Hero 3 or Rockband.

tuned2_bfast
01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Try playing games that are child related like spongebob games and etc. Also I agree with Seer GT3 and Rockband are also good suggestions.

Soulburner
01-03-2008, 08:07 PM
My PS3 game list (not ones that I own, but would in the future):

PS3 Games

Rock Band
Ratchet & Clank Future
Assassin's Creed
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy XIII
Skate
NCAA 2009
Heavenly Sword
Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet

Seer
01-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Man . . . I can't wait for FFXIII and Versus to come out. I've been waiting tooo long already!

Kingcarcas
01-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Definitely get Rock Band to play with the kid.

railmeat
01-04-2008, 06:44 PM
i have just bought a ps3 for my girlfriend who already has a wicked dual core box.but there is NO WAY i would ever let her spend $600 on games to play on it,granted its ok but its still a console.

Rock Band
Ratchet & Clank Future
Assassin's Creed
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy XIII
Skate
NCAA 2009
Heavenly Sword
Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet

12x50=$600=semi decent pc...

Ratchet & Clank Future
Metal Gear Solid 4
Heavenly Sword
all look like fun,but i will download the demos for here for free first before $50 is wasted on any ps3 game as of yet.i will admit the ps3 is nice addition to the entertainment center....

dont buy $20 beowolf,its horrible.guess thats why it was $20.i now see $20 ps3 games get u ps2 graphics lol.

your goddaughter would LOVE ratchet and clank(COLORS GALORE)crazy charecters,lol cartoon like,nuff said.

Seer
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Ratchet and Clank is a good game, I've played the older one on PS2.

Soulburner
01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I never said you should spend $600 on games.

That's why I shop at Gamestop. I'd spend maybe 1/3 of that.

Head over to www.gametrailers.com and type in those games, you can get a much better idea about them than looking at stationary pictures.

afireinside
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
All I have to say is that Uncharted is a MUST PLAY if you own a PS3!

Lestat
01-05-2008, 01:51 AM
he did say he isnt a console player and this is for him and his THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

just stick with the PS2 man unless you plan on sitting down and becoming a console gamer.

there is nothing special about Hd or Blue Ray, especially whent he blueray player costs 400+ bucks. (PS3)

none of the games mentioned here are going to be played by a 3 year old kid.

stick with the eye toy stuff

im a 360 man myself and with all the live arcade games, you would probably find more kiddy games there.
but thats a matter of personal choice. (that and the PS3 is already 1/2 dead)

its a pretty expensive toy for a few hours of game play when your daughter is visiting you.

there is a massive game library i bet you havent even explored on the PS2.

Soulburner
01-05-2008, 08:28 AM
(that and the PS3 is already 1/2 dead)
Let's please not go down this route again. I don't want to see more XBox vs Playstation threads started from baseless comments like this.

Cpl Ledanek
01-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks Lestat for keeping the thread back on track.
Unfortunately my goddaughter has pneumonia and is pretty sick to come over and see the new colorful and bright games we can play.
All of them are demos, short games for a short attention mind---mine and hers:rofl:
And Free.

I'll be picking up Blu-Ray CG animation movies like Happy Feet, Surf Up, and another which I can't remember the name---its the zoo animals playing curling with the turtle---URRRGG:mad: can't remember the name---I saw this in BestBuy---all the 3-6 yrs were watching it.
And Blue Planet---she likes stuff like that.

To all that suggested, thank you, but again, the thread was about me (a PC gamer) and a 3 yr old goddaughter---no GH-stuff---at least not yet:D

As Soulburner has said, lets keep the other stuff off this thread.

Thank you

Soulburner
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
You may want to check out at least Ratchet & Clank Future, and LittleBigPlanet.

Videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4572.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4491.html

And of course, you will laugh at this one: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/86794.html

Both games are very impressive.

ugp
01-06-2008, 06:14 PM
YellowDog linux has full support for the PS3. I am thinking of getting a PS3 soon for mainly the Blu-Ray. The 40GB model would be sufficient for me.