PDA

View Full Version : Semi Refrigeration

Asgard_thor
12-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I have a Shed at my house, we bought awhile ago..

its one for meat I believe

Refrigeration unit

I was thinking tomorrow I will go look at it...but has anyone done this before or anything?

dude_500
12-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it's OK because nothing would be cooler than the internal ambient, but I'd still be very careful and monitor it for condensation. If you use water cooling just make sure it's not under 32* and if it is make sure you don't do it long and that the pump is running the WHOLE time so it can't start to freeze. Also, when you bring it back inside it will condense a little because it'd be cooler than the house ambient, so you have to be careful there.

I'm no expert so I don't take responsibility for problems, but it should be OK afaik.

Kayin
12-22-2007, 02:44 AM
CyberDruid used to run his PCs outside on the porch in the snow. Ask him about the dangers.

Isriam
12-22-2007, 08:22 AM
it gets way below freezing in arizona. infact last i checked they had 50 inches of snow in the mountains and it was 30 degrees in tucson :)

Fujimitsu
12-22-2007, 08:29 AM
If the whole PC is in the shed, you shouldn't need much insulation against condensation. If you only put the radiator in there, then you'll need to do much more.

Really need more details before we can help... just remember cold is terrible for hard drives, so don't leave em outside too long.

Asgard_thor
12-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I went and looked at it..

there is this really big red, little bit rusty thing called Thermo King
I dont see any RAD, a big fan though..
ill try to get some pictures

I didnt plan on putting the computer inside of it, just wanted to see if that was worth taking apart