PDA

View Full Version : WOW!! This has never happened before.

ingeborgdot
12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Is my bios messed up? I went in to my computer to start on the oc. I only went up from 2.4 to 2.5 with this IP35 Pro board and a Q6600 with crucial ballistix 4-4-4-12 memory. I didn't do too much at all. I restarted and the bios reset itself . So I tried again and it did it again. Ok, now I decided maybe not to oc right now until I can work things out and see what is going on. Well, I went back in and reset all the settings to default and all the others that I had disabled or enabled back to where they were. I have had this thing running for 5 days straight with no problems at all.
Well, anyway now the thing won't boot back up. I clear cmos and redo the bios and reset to where I had first set the bios again NO OC at all again and it won't go. It just sputters and spurts. Right now the only way it works is if I leave the Abit splash screen enabled. What is going on?????????

Tetras
12-20-2007, 04:14 AM
What are you doing with the memory? Are you just upping the FSB? Make sure the memory voltage and ratio is appropriate for it to run happy :)

ingeborgdot
12-20-2007, 04:39 AM
I have upped the voltage and set the timings. The problem is if I make one adjustment to the bios other than default it shuts me down. I could go and move the fsb just one click and not do anything else it will not let it reboot. It will either reset itself or just not restart. If I left fsb alone and maybe adjusted the memory voltage up just one click it will not go. My memory says 2.1 but in bios it is at 1.8. If I go in and move it to 2.1 it won't work. I don't know what to do.

Heidfirst
12-20-2007, 05:28 PM
how about some more information?
PSU, gfx card, BIOS version etc.

ingeborgdot
12-20-2007, 06:04 PM
What are you doing with the memory? Are you just upping the FSB? Make sure the memory voltage and ratio is appropriate for it to run happy :)
What would I have to do for that? I have the voltage at 2.2 but for the ratio I am confused.

Tetras
12-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I don't know what the rated voltage is for your memory, you'd have to look it up. For the FSB I meant, are you setting it so that the memory is not overclocked?

At 1:1 with 667 Mhz memory you can go up to 333 FSB (2997 Mhz on CPU) but higher you would be overclocking it.

Not trying to be insulting, just covering all the bases.

ingeborgdot
12-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, but I actually get farther with it set default. I have tried over 40 scenarios, with it low or higher or at default. I don't know what is causing the issue. What have you heard about the Corsair HX620 PSU? Could the board be bad???
I am going to RMA and see what happens.

Tetras
12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
From what you have said I can't tell if you are doing something wrong or not.

I haven't heard of a badly clocking IP35-Pro before and you can't RMA it for that. If it isn't saving BIOS settings then I'd try a hard reset (clear CMOS, remove battery, swap battery if option exists), go back into BIOS and load optimised defaults, then try again.

Have you flashed the BIOS at all? I have heard of corrupt shipping BIOSes before (not with IP35-Pro specifically). Run memtest86 on the memory (never know..)?

No other option? Then I guess you'll have to RMA...