PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice!!! H20-220-APEX ULTRA

jokesonme
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
I am looking into purchasing either the H20-220-APEX ULTRA or Ultra Plus (same but with gpu) and wondering what everyones opinions on these kits are. First one is priced at $279 and the second at $379. Ive read as many reviews as I could find, but I would rather put my trust in the members of the forum instead. So far I haven't been lead wrong yet from you guys so just wondering about the performance of this kit. I have a Q6600 and am going to the Q9450 in January. The reason I have been looking into purchasing a kit is becuase this would be my first watercooling set up. Ive been reading alot on them and kits just seem really easy to install seeing as how if you buy the parts seperate there is no manual. Thanks for the advice on this!!!!

PS. If there is a better kit or anything that you might think would be more appropriate or provide better performance for close to the same price let me know. I will spend anywhere from $200-375 on a watercooling set up.

Jedda
12-19-2007, 01:20 AM
PS. If there is a better kit or anything that you might think would be more appropriate or provide better performance for close to the same price let me know. I will spend anywhere from $200-375 on a watercooling set up.

Check out Petra's (http://www.petrastechshop.com/index.html).

jokesonme
12-19-2007, 03:11 AM
Here is a final listing of what I have on my cart list, tell me what you think, and any changes you think I should make:

Petra's:
D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"
D-Tek FuZion Accelerator Nozzle Kit
D-Tek GFX Combo (for 8800GTX)
3/8" ID (1/2" OD) Tygon A-60-G Norprene Tubing
120mm Yate Loon D12SM-12 Case Fan - Black (70.5 CFM, 33 dBA)

Jab-tech:
Swiftech MCR320-QP-K Triple 120mm Radiator
Swiftech MCP 355 12v DC Pump
Coming to about $300!!

septim
12-19-2007, 03:38 AM
basically the swiftec kit is what i'd start with, change out the cpu block to a fuzion with nozzle or gtx with replacement copper top, and probably go for a 320 rad.

this or the h2o compact 220 (if the apogee drive would fit a 8800 card hehe)
lots of possibility...

the usual checklist
cpu
gpu
chipset
pump
rad
rad fans
tubing
clamps
reservoir or T-Line
biocide