PDA

View Full Version : Corsair ram problems

Buggalugs
12-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi , i have 2x1 GB CM2X1024-6400-C4 memory (twin matched kit) that always gives me memory errors. When i first bought them about a year ago (when memory prices were high, $300) i had a P5B-deluxe (and E6600) and i would get memory errors on stock default settings. After many weeks of research i found the Ramguys site and the problem was acknowledged that this ram produces errors with P5b-d's default settings and that by loosening one of the sub timings the issue is resolved. (Apparently a motherboard issue)

It did stop the memory errors on default settings but with any kind of overclock the errors returned and even when underclocking to a 667 strap the errors persisted. I kinda accepted it was a bios issue with the P5B-D and resigned to run default settings on my new expensive equipment. The memory defaults to 5-5-5-18-etc not 4-4-4-12 as claimed. ( i know u have to do it manually but wont run at 4's)

A couple of weeks ago i got a X38-DQ6 motherboard and i'm having the same issues with memory errors that i saw on the Asus board. My board would not even boot when i put in the 4-4-4-12 timings (yes i upped voltage to 2.1). After playing around with timings and subtimings i got it to run but i get bsod while gaming and errors in prime95.

These modules do not work well on 4's timings and considering the premium i paid for them i'm really not happy, i mean a generic $80 ram would have done an equal job.

Is there any hope of RMAing these sticks? Thanks

Yellowbeard
12-19-2007, 07:53 AM
We'll will gladly RMA the memory if it won't run to spec. Sorry you have had this issue. Please use the link below to begin your RMA:

http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx

Buggalugs
12-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi thanks for the link.

I'm going through the RMA process and i'm up to the part where it asks you to run memtest with SPD settings enabled but the thing is it runs ok on slacker SPD timings of 5-5-5-18 etc the problem occurs when entering the 4-4-4-4-12 etc timings. I entered that i have no problems on SPD timings but i left a note about my specific issue so i hope thats ok.

Yellowbeard
12-20-2007, 09:04 AM
That is no problem and a tech will respond soon. If the memory will not run CAS4, hopefully they can figure out the issue. If the memory is defective, it will be replaced.