PDA

View Full Version : Use a chipset block for PWM's?

silverphoenix
12-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I was thinking I can possibly use a chipset block to cool my PWM's on my IP35Pro. They will not stay under 60C loaded Unless I have a thermaltake 80mm smart fan running full blast. and I don't mind noise but the 80mm fans that move 70+ CFM have a more annoying high pitch than my san ace. I know the swiftech MCW30 is slightly too small but I was wondering what about the DD universal block. I don't mind making small extension arms but I just need to cover all the PWMS. thoughts any1?

-edit

also what about using a small cold plate to go between the PWMs and the waterblock?

zanzabar
12-18-2007, 11:00 PM
dont most chipset blocks use staggered pins/screws while the abit and dfi boards (they use the same cooler) have a parallel across mount with some screws as well as push pins

i dont see why no1 makes a block the ip35pro and dfi t2r boards use the same sink and are popular some1 needs a block, it sux not havening mosfet cooling unless ur on an asus board

silverphoenix
12-18-2007, 11:03 PM
The quad GT had lined up mounts, the IP35 Pro Uses staggered. The only block I know of is the MIPS block which I have to get from europe and the block costs $58USD before VAT or shipping.