PDA

View Full Version : Found a really funny koolance product

NaeKuh
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I present to you the ultimate protection for your seriously corroding rig!

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_203&products_id=21717

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/val-vl002k_01.jpg

That product alone should make people stay away from koolance. Common pressure release valve for corrosion? :rofl:

ITs almost like they expect it, and made it into an option to solve issues with it. :down:

rogard
12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
omfg that is nuts!

NaeKuh
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
AHAHAHA yea... i was doing some shopping last night for my CM690 project. I wanted some 3/8 compression fittings from koolance and ran into those.

I couldnt stop laughing because thats telling people you use koolance with other products and it will corrode so you need this to help.

Anyhow... What a crock of BS. Koolance is truely funny now..

Xilikon
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
LOL, I don't understand how it works and how it prevent corrosion... I'm wondering what good stuff Koolance is smoking when they design the parts.

Waterlogged
12-18-2007, 11:03 AM
LOL, I don't understand how it works and how it prevent corrosion... I'm wondering what good stuff Koolance is smoking when they design the parts.

When corrosion is taking place, it creates gas. This gas "may" raise the pressure within the loop. This "device" is set to open up when a certain pressure is reached.

There is nothing it can do to prevent corrosion.

NaeKuh
12-18-2007, 11:04 AM

well the thing about corrosion in a closed loop, when it eats your alu, pressure builds up. This pressure then causes your tubes to expand and then ultimately somewhere around your barb, the tube will explode and you got yourself a nice big mess.

This valve is most likely used to release that pressure. But thats the funny thing. If you didnt mix metals to begin with, why worry about corrosion, and this stupid valve.

Xilikon
12-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I see now... It's still a stupid bandaid solution :p

road-runner
12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Using 3rd-party cooling components and blocks voids the Koolance system warranty. If doing so however, this product is recommended to help avoid potential damage caused by bare copper and aluminum.

NOTE: This product should not be necessary for systems using only Koolance water cooling products

:rofl:

systemviper
12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
glad i stayed away from them and went with swiftech

mildseven7
12-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I don mix metal, but i got one of these, they come with a 5 cm long mini tubing that attached to the mini barb. Not sure how it work exactly

NicePants42
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Uh, on a sort of positive note, could it be useful as a simple bleed screw? I can think of a few situations where a bleed screw would be nice...as long as it's not made of aluminum, which it probably is.

MrToad
12-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I really like how the Koolance PR machine words their product descriptions.

"If doing so however, this product is recommended to help avoid potential damage caused by bare copper and aluminum."

Depending on how you read it, you may think that the valve is actually preventing the corrosion itself, yet although it doesn't serve this function, they're still not lying.

I suppose if they would write "this valve will prevent building up pressure in your loop due to the gases produced as a by-product of galvanic corrosion, but won't stop the corrosion itself from happening and ultimately compromising the structural integrity of the radiator" they wouldn't sell many of these.

NaeKuh
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I really like how the Koolance PR machine words their product descriptions.

"If doing so however, this product is recommended to help avoid potential damage caused by bare copper and aluminum."

Depending on how you read it, you may think that the valve is actually preventing the corrosion itself, yet although it doesn't serve this function, they're still not lying.

I suppose if they would write "this valve will prevent building up pressure in your loop due to the gases produced as a by-product of galvanic corrosion, but won't stop the corrosion itself from happening and ultimately compromising the structural integrity of the radiator" they wouldn't sell many of these.

yeah, just like how there aluminum radiators will work better then the copper ones at 300F. :yepp:

itznfb
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
hrm... koolance has some great ideas. too bad they are generally executed very poorly. (i'm not saying this is one of those great ideas)

lennox
12-18-2007, 02:12 PM
:rofl:

heh, I was thinking the same thing

septim
12-18-2007, 11:41 PM
"NOTE: This product should not be necessary for systems using only Koolance water cooling products"

disclaimer...

i am glad i grew up from Tt and did not went through koolance. :down:

i went straight PA rad and copper blocks, the best investment :up: i've made for my aging pc...