PDA

View Full Version : My planned WC setup

jakk
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi. I will be putting together my first WC setup when I build my new rig over the next week or so. It will be a cpu loop to cool a q6600. Here are the parts I plan to buy form Petra's(only place that had the parts I wanted in stock-looks like a great store)

D-tek fuzion
Thermochill PA 120.2
1/2'' t fitting
worm drive clamps(of course)
DD fill port
DDC-T01s Custom DDC 1/2'' pump top

My first question is about the pump. I found the Swiftech MCP350 on newegg, and in the sticky it makes it look like it is the same thing as a DDC-2. I was wondering if this is the case and if I could use that custom 1/2'' top with it.

My next question is about the thermochill. As much as I hear about these rads, I was surprised that they are in 3/8''(or maybe that is more common, but I get the impression it is not). I was wondering how I can fix this problem. Will the "Thermochill 1/2IN Chrome Plated Barb Fitting G3/8 Threads" from NCIXUS work? I plan to buy the tygon somewhere else as it's out of stick at Petra's.

My last question is about the case I plan to be putting this into. right now I am looking at a Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS case. I was wondering if the loop should fir in that okay. I have never used a Dremel, and I would prefer to just be able to Velcro/zip tie the parts in. If this case is not the best, are there some good cases that are sub-$100 which would fit a loop like this while still looking okay(for example, not just a bland huge server case)? Thanks for your help, these forums are a great place to ask questions.