PDA

View Full Version : How much is a reasonable price for this Wii package?

Fujimitsu
12-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I got a wii on release day, and played it pretty heavily for the first few months. Since then I haven't touched it, and with christmas coming up I could definately use the funds. I see TONS of ebay auctions & craigslist listings for these things ranging from less than cost, to 3 times cost. My question to you is, what is a reasonable price for my setup? I'm looking to sell it local for cash, to eliminate the costs/hassles of shipping as well as ensure it can be used for a christmas gift.

The setup:
Wii console & sensor bar/cables (no component)
4 Remotes
4 Nunchuks
Zelda sling-style carrying case
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Madden '07
Call of Duty
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Zelda
Super Monkey Ball
Rampage Total Destruction

Altogther it's worth nearly $700 new, so what would be a reasonable price to expect for this in cash?

The system has a few scratches, and two of the controllers have normal wear (That slick feeling where your palm goes). A few of the cases are cracked or otherwise mucked up, but everything works 100%.

Please DO NOT PM me about this. I am not going to sell it here, because the costs of shipping something like this insured are far too great. I am simply looking for advice as to the package's value.

Thanks in advance.

messiah33
12-17-2007, 05:49 PM
personally I'd sell that for $300 but im sure you will be able to get around $400-$450.

hecktic
12-19-2007, 12:42 AM
well the last time I checked, believe it or not, the local costco had console packages for wii, ps3, and xbox... the prices were around $599.99 and they were relatively closed to what you described in your package

Fujimitsu
12-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the input guys, as I really had no idea where to begin.

coyotetu
12-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Wii's are in very high demand right now (christmas), you'll at least get the MSRP for the stock console, given the apparent wear on it. All other accessories/games would be about 40%-50% of their original price, I'd think.

At least, that's what the usual depreciation is for used items, as I've seen it. I don't know what that comes out to, I don't really pay attention to the Wii, but it may give you some idea of what you can expect.

tuned2_bfast
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I think that will cause for like 600 dollars because it is a 2nd hand console. 600 dollars is a very good deal having that kind of set-up.

Magnj
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I tried to sell my Wii + extra Wiimote + Excite truck and the highest it hit was 310 the week before christmas. It's hard to sell used. Apparently Buy It now is the best way to do it. I'm debating on whether to keep mine or not, since like you I waited in the cold for it on launch.

Yoxxy
01-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Keep it, Super Smash Brothers Dojo, 'Nuff Said.