PDA

View Full Version : A competition from Intel

Ramaistro
12-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey all,

just saw this at a Dutch forum. Intel has a little competition.

Welcome to the first Intel Modding Competition where we are looking to see why YOU Demand Intel. Intel delivers unrivaled performance and energy efficient processors that allow the modding community to build and use the materials you want in your creations. Now, just join the group, upload a video of your Intel processor-based mod, and start voting! Click more to learn about the contest details.

Why submit? In addition to bragging rights, we'll be giving away some pretty sweet prizes to the top 3 submissions.

-The Grand Prize Winner receives their choice of any Intel desktop or notebook processor, their choice of Intel motherboard, an Intel backpack stuffed with Marriott Bucks ($200), a gift certificate for Ubisoft ($50) games, specialty coffee bucks ($15), 20 free Wi-Fi sessions and 3 months free broadband TV from AT&T.

-The Runner Up Winner (1) receives their choice of any Intel desktop or notebook processor and an Intel backpack stuffed with Marriott Bucks ($200), a gift certificate for Ubisoft ($50) games, specialty coffee bucks ($15), 20 free Wi-Fi sessions and 3 months free broadband TV from AT&T.

-The 3rd Place Winner receives the Intel backpack stuffed with Marriott Bucks ($200), a gift certificate for Ubisoft ($50) games, specialty coffee bucks ($15), 20 free Wi-Fi sessions and 3 months free broadband TV from AT&T.

We'll also be giving the first 100 submissions a free T-Shirt.

The contest requires two things:
1- Your mod needs to be based on any Intel processor and
2- You must submit a video shorter than 1 minute to the 'mod contest site that shows the how cool your 'mod is.

The official rules and all the details can be viewed here: http://www.moddingcompetition.com

How will the winners be selected?
The top 5 winners will be selected by YouTube votes and the Top 3 will be selected by a panel of judges that includes Will Smith, Editor-In-Chief of MaximumPC.com.

We're going to be running this contest through the New Year and will be accepting video submissions until 11:59:59 pm on January 14th -- so you have some good time to crank up your 'modding skills to show off your best Intel-based stuff. After January 14th, we'll close the submission process and the judges will select the Top 3 winners.

Winners will be notified by January 18th via a private message on YouTube. Winners will be announced publicly after January 21st.

Submit your video of your 'mod and let's see what you can do! Just join the group, then add your video to submit.

If you have specific questions, please email us (intelmodder@ogilvypr.com).

http://www.youtube.com/group/intelmodder

The link of it all. Looks like fun for some peeps.

P.S. Hope it is ok like this, else remove it

Cupcake
12-16-2007, 11:33 AM
well the QX9770 is a desktop processor..... im in :)

[XC] gomeler
12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Interesting.. now I'm wondering what exactly would win such a contest. A case mod? An awesome cascade in a case that looks like an Intel processor? I don't know what to build :shrug:

bluep3ace
12-16-2007, 12:48 PM
i want to do this...a lot.
i don't really have the time a lot of other modders have, though.

hersounds
12-17-2007, 01:27 AM
i guess that is only for america,right?

Rovtar
12-17-2007, 03:06 AM
i guess that is only for america,right?

probably..

and this sucks :shrug:

Ramaistro
12-17-2007, 03:25 AM
It indeed sucks that it is something only for U.S.

To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia (excluding, Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. foreign territories and possessions) and be 13 years of age or older

hersounds
12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
It indeed sucks that it is something only for U.S.

To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia (excluding, Puerto Rico, Guam and all other U.S. foreign territories and possessions) and be 13 years of age or older

YO! ,so thanks to the I.M.F. .... My country is 90% american owner...no much to say :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[XC] gomeler
12-17-2007, 10:35 AM
probably..

and this sucks :shrug:

Just gotta deal with it, there have been multiple competitions across the web that I wasn't eligible for because I am based out of America. I wish all things were open for everyone but sadly they aren't :(

xlink
12-17-2007, 05:20 PM
wonder if they'de let me choose Nehalem XE...

__Miguel_
12-18-2007, 01:33 AM
gomeler;2634925']Just gotta deal with it, there have been multiple competitions across the web that I wasn't eligible for because I am based out of America. I wish all things were open for everyone but sadly they aren't :(
I REALLY don't get it... Sure, most of these contests are from USA-based companies, but appart from having to pay more shipping costs, I can't see the downside of making the contests world-wide...

I mean, the only thing I can think of to let European countries out of the equation must be that this side of the Atlantic anyone giving out anything in a contest has to pay the taxes involved with the transaction - like, if you win a car, you don't have to pay neither the "added-value tax" nor the "auto-tax" (weird names after translation, I know... :p:); you'll still have to pay recurring taxes, like circulation tax (for road maintenance, yearly), however; and you're still obligated to have and pay an insurance for it...

The odd thing is, these kinds of contests NEVER offer things that need to pay more than VAT and perhaps customs... Heck, in case of Intel, you would simply need to ship the prizes from Germany (that's were they have the factory, right?) and avoid most tax headaches...

Ok, I'll shut up now. Good luck to everyone who can enter the competition. In the meanwhile, I'll keep checking for "Europe-enabled" :D ones.

Cheers.

Miguel

K404
12-18-2007, 06:59 AM
a mod based on an Intel processor?

How about the FSB ID mod? :D:D

Serra
12-18-2007, 08:25 AM
*sigh*

It's too bad that so many of these competitions are open to USA residents only. C'mon, I'm an American citizen living in America North - why can't I get any love?

Well, if anyone here wins, be sure to request some engineering samples and point out they said ANY desktop processor... they didn't specify that it had to be available to the public yet. Then share the benches with us of course ;)

[XC] gomeler
12-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Heh, I want an ES Nehalem if I win :yepp: I'd be willing to settle for a QX9770 though or.. maybe half a dozen E8500's, if they'll let me(which I doubt).

__Miguel_
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh, that would be SOOOO sweet! Asking for a nehalem ES part... I'm sure they'd go balistic if/when someone made that question... Especially if it was the grand prize winner... Would you imagine having the b****s to ask for BOTH a Nehalem ES part AND a compatible motherboard? I'm seing them now... Right after the question, a couple of them having a fit right then and there... lol

Ok, now for a more realistic approach: probably the top CPUs you can get from this competition are the QX9650 (since the QX9770 is not available yet) and something P35-based (don't remember anything X38-based from Intel...), and some top-of-the-line dual or quad-socket motherboard, along with an LGA771 Xeon... Hmmm, now that I think of it, that doesn't seem that bad of an option... I mean, just selling those server parts would probably give you enough money to buy some sweet desktop parts...

Again, good luck for anyone who enters.

Cheers.

Miguel

timber715
12-19-2007, 12:46 AM
maybe you can ask for a skulltrail motherboard that works? lol

DMH
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
I believe the best you can get from this contest is an QX9650,an X38 Intel board and friends on Intel:D

mXpS
12-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Anyone in the NJ/NY/PA/CT area want to enter and get something going?

lummoxone
12-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Looks interesting!

White Cat
12-23-2007, 08:37 AM
shi(f)t I don't have a video of our box running the bench rig LN2 cooled - maybe you can follow that idea to take part :D (thinking loud as I won't take part)
DICE with isoprop for ambient cooling included :rotf:

PS: pictures by Fr3ak from PCGH-E (http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/showthread.php?p=32369#post32369) (but I removed the pcgh-e tag here because it was AwardFabrik bench session and I don't want that anybody thinks it was PCGH-E bench session ;) )

PSS: argh my girl's account here :p:

Chewbenator
12-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Argh my build at my dorm is all disassembled and waiting for me to get back. I could even make a video of me assembling it all but, I don't get back till the 13th! Nooo!!

TiTON
12-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Wohoo. nice contest. Hopefully my case mod will be done soon and ready for some video taping :D

Ton

heydo6
12-26-2007, 06:09 PM
how about an e4300 pin mod , do the 333 and volt mod on a cheap motherboard like 965 . then you would reach the most people possible . put a funny joke in there with some hott as* bit*h and your the winner of a brand new skulltrail (or x38 if they cry) and Qx9650 .

Revv23
12-28-2007, 10:23 AM
hey guys - maybe i can add some clarity to the contest limitations. It's a legal issue. To run a contest in america you need follow very specific rules. Almost every other country has a similar set of rules - similar, but different. To offer a contest in more then one country you would need lawyers from each of those respective countries to ensure that you are following the rules correctly. Not only that; you would likely need to run the competition seperatly in each country because of this. A company can not run a competition with certain rules for one party and then different rules for another.

So because of prohibitive legislation in all countries most contests just end up in the largest market - America.

Modzilla
01-03-2008, 06:09 AM
quote from the rules:

"The top ten (10) videos will be determined by YouTube user votes based on style, design, functionality and performance. The 10 with the most votes will be judged by a panel based on the following criteria:

50% Style & Design

25% Functionality

25% Performance"

Viss
01-03-2008, 06:35 AM
The coffee bucks are useless in the NL anyways :D

TiTON
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey Guys,

I just posted my case mod to the contest. If you can check out my video and help a fellow XS member out, it would greatly be appreciated.

This is a custom built case mod that resembles the Sentry Turret from TF2.

http://www.ironmods.com/ForumImages/TF2_SS.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q-k0gbyaMQ)

Ton

fragmasterMax
01-16-2008, 11:04 PM
give me 24 hours with a dremel,a cmstacker 690, some 120mm fans, some paint, and a 100 budget for other crap, and i might end in the top 10000,

TiTON
01-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know an XS'er scored a Second Place finish in this contest. So you know the Processor will be put to good use ;)

Ton

revogamer
01-21-2008, 11:21 PM
congrats on winning 2nd place titon

TiTON
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Rev,

Thank you very much for the congrats :)

Ton

bluep3ace
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
congrats, very nice, now just make that thing shoot for real :)