PDA

View Full Version : EK's Customers in the USA

Talonman
12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I am wondering how many people have ordered anything from EK, that lived in the United States, and how long it took to arrive.

I ordered 3 items, all marked 'In Stock' on Nov 20th.

They were baught with PayPal, and using a Visa Card, so the money transfer was instant. Nobody had to wait for any money to clear.

How many days did it take for you to receive your order?

I am tring to decide if this is the norm for all of EK's US customers, or if my order went into a black hole...

One of the items was the EK-NB S-MAX Acetal block that was designed for the Maximus SE, that has the funky mount.
Photo by shim-on:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3903/dsc5688yh9.jpg
Eddy is currently working on a replacement ring.

From PayPal received on 11/20/07

Dear Scott XXXXX,

This email confirms that you have paid e.koenig@ekwaterblocks.com (e.koenig@ekwaterblocks.com) $67.84 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *EKOENIG".

Payment Details

Transaction ID: 4PJ676300X7425000
Item Price: $58.71 USD
Total Shipping: $9.13 USD
Total: $67.84 USD
Order Description: EK Water Blocks
Buyer: Scott XXXXX

Jedda
12-15-2007, 06:40 PM
It can take a while. A month isn't abnormal to australia.

But as you've worked out by page 2 of this thread, its down to your paypal order getting screwed. EK never received an order from you.

Talonman
12-15-2007, 06:42 PM
If that is true, we should make sure people understand that once they click 'buy' from EK, they can forget about their build for a month or more.

I wasen't on board with that....

Jedda
12-15-2007, 06:46 PM
While its frustrating compared with 4 days from PTS, eddie has always sent of a replacement to me if it has gone over a month.
Swings and round a bouts with sourcing from different places imho.

Talonman
12-15-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't think I will have the same pull with Eddie.

Martinm210
12-15-2007, 07:39 PM
I havn't ordered from EK, but I have had some long shipping times to international locations.

I've had two shippments to Australia, one took three full weeks to get there via USPS fist class international.

The second was the same and only took about 10 days.

My only guess on the difference is that customs held on to the first package for a while. International shipping is difficult, that's probably why many places won't ship international. No way to do a delivery confirmation, and unpredictable long shipping times...

Anyhow, hope it gets there quick for you...

Talonman
12-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks buddy!!

sanhacker
12-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I've always received items (Arizona) in roughly 10 days after the ship notice.

I did have one box opened by US Customs and it still took 10 days.
I know this because they had placed a label on the box stating they opened it.

Talonman
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
That is more along the lines of what I was expecting.

Thanks for the post.

I am dieing to find out what day my block actually was shipped on from EK.

Jedda
12-16-2007, 12:22 AM
That is more along the lines of what I was expecting.

Thanks for the post.

I am dieing to find out what day my block actually was shipped on from EK.

If you log on to the site and go to your account you should be able to check the order history. Details should be there.
First time eddie shipped a replacement based only on me saying it hadn't arrived was my first purchase from him. He didn't know me at all, just joe customer.

headala
12-16-2007, 02:16 AM
For me, it takes 2-5 weeks for stuff to get from the States to SW China, which I guess would be about the worst route imaginable: two impenetrable regimes, holding onto power for dear life. :ROTF:

InTheFlow
12-16-2007, 04:20 AM
two impenetrable regimes, holding onto power for dear life. :ROTF:

:rofl:

IIRC, it took about 3 weeks before I got my order from EK way back when. Next time I want Eddie's stuff I'll order it from a reseller in the states. It will be faster that way.

Talonman
12-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the input...

I guess it is the norm. Wow...

If you log on to the site and go to your account you should be able to check the order history. Details should be there.
First time eddie shipped a replacement based only on me saying it hadn't arrived was my first purchase from him. He didn't know me at all, just joe customer.

I took your advice and logged into my account on EK's web page:

My Order History

You have not yet made any purchases.

Wow... That is disturbing on so many levels... WTF??

I just sent them an email asking for conformation that my order has shipped, and requested the date....

I hope I didn't get boned or the fur is going to fly!!!!

Jedda
12-16-2007, 07:32 AM
You have your receipt email, it'll be cool. I guess the order hasn't worked through to your account listing on the site yet. Not all of mine have but I've got all my stuff.

Durkadurka
12-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Heh, I was about to order a full set of blocks for my Maximus Formula, but from what's being said here I think I'll wait and see if people actually get their goods.

Red Evil
12-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Heh, I was about to order a full set of blocks for my Maximus Formula, but from what's being said here I think I'll wait and see if people actually get their goods.

This is about shipping to USA. Europe people should be fine.

Manicdan
12-16-2007, 09:47 AM
im looking to get a new supreme, but not sure where to shop for it in the US.

does anyone know what sites sell the clear top versions over here?

ladderman
12-16-2007, 10:18 AM
It’s the same in the UK

I ordered and paid for some replacement tim pads for my EK-FC 8800 GTX blocks on the 7th Dec. Still no sign of them and I think I’ll be lucky if I get them before Christmas.

I haven’t remove the blocks from the cards yet so if they don’t come I’ll just take the acetal cover off and clean them in-situe.

Canadmos
12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I find it kind of sad that you came here to complain about something poor on Ek's part, before you bothered to try and contact them about the situation.

Also remember what time of year it is, expect delays.

Fujimitsu
12-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did you ask Eddy?

Talonman
12-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I find it kind of sad that you came here to complain about something poor on Ek's part, before you bothered to try and contact them about the situation.

Also remember what time of year it is, expect delays.

Thanks for being so short sighted and trying to make this about me VS EK. I clearely stated that I was trying to find out how long the average delivery time was from EK to the United states, plain and simple. If you believe that is "about something poor on Ek's part" it's on you, not me!

I wish we had more members on the board like you... NOT! I see why you chose an Avitar with hornes sticking out of your head. You chose well!! Get thee behind me....

I did try to locate a phone number on their site to give them a ring. It was not listed. I just today sent EK an email after verifying that their site showes my account as 'not yet made any purchases'. I was giving them about 25 days or so before I officially was looking for conformation that my order was shipped.

I still think that is is fair to let people know they are looking at a month delivery time when ordering directly from EK to the US, if that is indeed the norm. All indications so far point to that it is. If you take that as me complaining about EK, so be it.

Only after seeing that their system was indicating that I had made no orders as of yet, and PayPal confirming that they were paid, did I officially begin to pannic and send an email.

I will find out Monday I guess...

Mekrel
12-16-2007, 02:12 PM
So you're saying the NB S-MAX doesn't actually fit?

What's with the user taking a photo with the block on the back of the board :confused:

Talonman
12-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes, the ring for the block was made too large for the Maximus SE. Eddie has indicated EK will be sending a free replacement ring out to everybody who received the large one, as soon as they make a replacement.

Look here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162085&page=11 (Half way down the page)

The current one will work, but probably not the fit you were looking for.

I will be mounting mine as is, to avoid another month delay for shipping, before getting my new system up and running.

Creek Tha Gray
12-16-2007, 02:48 PM
im looking to get a new supreme, but not sure where to shop for it in the US.

does anyone know what sites sell the clear top versions over here?

in the us performance pc has black to the clear is not out yet.

Creek Tha Gray
12-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for being so short sighted and trying to make this about me VS EK. I clearely stated that I was trying to find out how long the average delivery time was from EK to the United states, plain and simple. If you believe that is "about something poor on Ek's part" it's on you, not me!

I wish we had more members on the board like you... NOT! I see why you chose an Avitar with hornes sticking out of your head. You chose well!! Get thee behind me....

I did try to locate a phone number on their site to give them a ring. It was not listed. I just today sent EK an email after verifying that their site showes my account as 'not yet made any purchases'. I was giving them about 25 days or so before I officially was looking for conformation that my order was shipped.

I still think that is is fair to let people know they are looking at a month delivery time when ordering directly from EK to the US, if that is indeed the norm. All indications so far point to that it is. If you take that as me complaining about EK, so be it.

Only after seeing that their system was indicating that I had made no orders as of yet, and PayPal confirming that they were paid, did I officially begin to pannic and send an email.

I will find out Monday I guess...

So you're saying the NB S-MAX doesn't actually fit?

What's with the user taking a photo with the block on the back of the board :confused:

Yes, the ring for the block was made too large for the board. Eddie has indicated EK will be sending a replacement ring out to everybody who received the large one, as soon as they make a replacement.

Look here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162085&page=11

Ok so its dec 07 and your customs and your at level yelow which is mid and you have x number of packs to check before usps can deliver them and you have x number from ups fedex and dhl which get more priority due to how much to ship them. so usps is slow and will take some time.

second on the block not fitting issue eddy from ek is already working on fixing that you can dril sligtly bigger holes and it works no issue also mesurements where given to him by a forums member not the members issue found out the digital caliper is off each time and never was correct. and last ek has already said he will be shipping the correct tops for the waterblocks to all orders done before the fix was/is made. so you will get one you don't have to mod. and yes shipping sucks but on a none holiday time its about 10 days. example i order from same person in china same item one 3 months back her in about 1 and half weeks then 1 month back same thing same person same shipping still not here yet. Its the holidays and usps sucks thats about it.

Im positive eddy will take care of any issues that happen and will try to fix anything asap. he can't help shipping . and as far as getting them from a reseller in the usa performance pc only has the NB not the SB or the v reg blocks yet so ek could still win shipping even with holiday delays.

Talonman
12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Im positive eddy will take care of any issues that happen and will try to fix anything asap. he can't help shipping . and as far as getting them from a reseller in the usa performance pc only has the NB not the SB or the v reg blocks yet so ek could still win shipping even with holiday delays.

I am looking foward to a speedy resolution too... :up:

Conumdrum
12-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey Talonman, check your PM's

Talonman
12-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Responded!! :)

Talonman
12-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Turnes out that I needed to click return to merchant after using PayPal, then click money order? :confused:
I joined Paypal just to order this block. It was the first time I had ever used it.

My order has just been processed.

A 27 day lession I won't easily forget.

Mabey I will get the new ring now?

Navanod
12-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Turnes out that I needed to click return to merchant after using PayPal, then click money order? :confused:
I joined Paypal just to order this block. It was the first time I had ever used it.

My order has just been processed.

A 27 day lession I won't easily forget.

Then allow me to impart another lesson I've learnt.
NEVER EVER make 2 purchases in a row from the same store using paypal. if you need to buy something you forgot, email the vendor to ask for them to add to the order and submit a payment request through paypal rather than simply purchasing again.

Paypal's system will determine that you're up to no good and suspend your account for at least 72hours, if not worse. Customer service will not be able to help and you'll not be able to get that last item onto the order before it ships.

Of cos, it goes without saying that you should NEVER EVER leave real money in paypal's account. :down:

End of OT, thanks

Eddy_EK
12-17-2007, 05:01 AM
Hi There!

If the blocks are in stock we ship within 2 days.
If not in stock we notify customer of the stock situation.

We send via air priority shipment which is not express.
This shipment method is very secure and reliable, but it takes more time than express shipments, which are 3-5× more expensive.

If anyone has problems with delivery please contact us better sooner if you suspect something is not ok.

One more thing.
We get a lot of payments without registered order in our webshop.
That os because the customer must click on the "return to merchant" button when the payment in paypal is completed.
In this case we send to buyer e-mail with instruction to make new order and choose money order as they have already paid and make a comment that they have already paid with paypal.

The shipping to US usually takes about 2 weeks, but unfortunately sometimes gets delayed for some days, on which we don't have influence. But hey, sometimes it is delivered even quicker :)

Durkadurka
12-17-2007, 06:02 AM
I ordered my set yesterday and specifically asked about the S-MAX block in the commentsfield, Eddy responded today that I will be getting the new revised version, so that means so will you Talonman :)

Talonman
12-17-2007, 06:07 AM
Good deal. All is OK with me again. Live and learn.

I know for sure I am making foward progress now!! :up:

Looking foward to the new ring too.

Thanks Eddy.

Eddy_EK
12-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Good deal. All is OK with me again. Live and learn.

I know for sure I am making foward progress now!! :up:

Looking foward to the new ring too.

Thanks Eddy.

Hi!
Yes, we will send all with spare o-ring.

Talonman
12-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Excellent!

Just to be 100% clear, for others using Paypal on EK: You normally would only need to hit 'Return to merchant' after completing the Paypal part. I understand now the only reason Eddie instructed me to select the Money order option, was to complete my order, and knowing that they had already received a non registered Paypal payment from me. Normally you will NOT be required to select Money Order, just the 'return to merchant' when using Paypal on EK.

Eddy_EK
12-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Excellent!

Just to be 100% clear, for others using Paypal on EK: You normally would only need to hit 'Return to merchant' after completing the Paypal part. I understand now the only reason Eddie instructed me to select the Money order option, was to complete my order, and knowing that they had already received a non registered Paypal payment from me. Normally you will NOT be required to select Money Order, just the 'return to merchant' when using Paypal on EK.

Correct!

Exahertz
12-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Then allow me to impart another lesson I've learnt.
NEVER EVER make 2 purchases in a row from the same store using paypal. if you need to buy something you forgot, email the vendor to ask for them to add to the order and submit a payment request through paypal rather than simply purchasing again.

Paypal's system will determine that you're up to no good and suspend your account for at least 72hours, if not worse. Customer service will not be able to help and you'll not be able to get that last item onto the order before it ships.

Of cos, it goes without saying that you should NEVER EVER leave real money in paypal's account. :down:

End of OT, thanks

I made 3 purchases in two days at PTS with no problem. One was friday night and the other two were after 6 pm saturday. I called the guys at Petras Monday morning and they had already combined the orders and were refunding some of the shipping costs!